The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Workout Journal: My 98 Day Cut

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 26 - 01/24 - 193 lbs

zmW2w8E.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 27 - 01/25 - 192.6 lbs

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Looks like 99% of your posts are in this thread to update us on your weight loss progress on a daily basis.

It's cool that you're losing weight and showing us what you're doing but out of curiosity - what else are you working on? Do you have any business goals? Any projects in the work?

Even an introduction thread would tell us a lot about why you're here and what you hope to get out of this place.

Nothing wrong with posting weight stuff in the health section but I do have to admit I scratch my head and wonder why you don't post this on a fitness forum when just about every post of yours is fitness related?

Would love to know who you are and what else you're doing and what brought you here and what your goals are. Don't stop updating this thread if it helps you - I'm just curious what keeps you coming back here :)

Anyway, keep up the good work.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Looks like 99% of your posts are in this thread to update us on your weight loss progress on a daily basis.

It's cool that you're losing weight and showing us what you're doing but out of curiosity - what else are you working on? Do you have any business goals? Any projects in the work?

Even an introduction thread would tell us a lot about why you're here and what you hope to get out of this place.

Nothing wrong with posting weight stuff in the health section but I do have to admit I scratch my head and wonder why you don't post this on a fitness forum when just about every post of yours is fitness related?

Would love to know who you are and what else you're doing and what brought you here and what your goals are. Don't stop updating this thread if it helps you - I'm just curious what keeps you coming back here :)

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I'm a small-time movie producer.

I most lurk and absorb some of the tips on here. Honestly, there's a lot of great information on here and then there's also a lot of cringeworthy copywriting that reminds me of this: Mike Chang's Sixpack Shortcuts

But anyway, I'll try to post more other than just in here. This is just helping keep me accountable. I've been too busy with work to really contribute other than this.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 28: 01/26/18 - 196.6 lbs

Hit chest and shoulders. Going to do legs tomorrow.

I tracked for most of the day, but went out for a meal. I was probably around 2000 kcals, give or take.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 29: 01/27 - 193.8 lbs

Hit legs and biceps.

This week's average weight: 193.7
Last week's average: 194.9
Weekly weight loss: -1.2
Total weight loss so far: -6.3

71sx1bL.png

Last edited:

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 31: 01/29 - 194.2 lbs

Hit back and biceps.

HshN4Mb.png

Day 32: 01/30 - 195.2 lbs

gPyRyaE.png

Day 33: 01/31 - 193.4 lbs

Lifted weights: back and shoulders

ONoXfdJ.png

I feel a cold coming on. Shit...

Day 34: 02/01 - 193.4 lbs

sMbRPpX.png

Annnnnd I'm sick. Pretty much dying over here. I upped my calories way up hoping that would help my immune system.

Day 35: 02/02 - ???

Forgot to weigh myself.

n8klTrA.png

Fasted most of the day, but then got hungry at night.

Day 36: 02/03 - ???

Still feeling something awful. Kill me.

This week's average weight: 193.8
Last week's average: 193.7
Weekly weight gain: +0.1
Total weight loss so far: -6.2

Data isn't entirely accurate since I missed two days, but I excluded them. The cold f**ked me up real good.

Day 37: 02/04 - 193.2 lbs

Did some cardio. I felt better afterwards, but still have this cold.

OI6OmYX.png

Exercise put me in a deficit, but I'm not really worried about any of that right now. I'm downing vitamin C and liquids trying to get better.

Day 38: 02/05 - 194.8 lbs

Hit the weights today. Felt weak and had low energy.

Still got this cold, but I'm getting better. Time to get back on track with the diet and weigh-ins.

ZlFyKSf.png

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 39: 02/06 - 193.6 lbs

Did some cardio today.

Day 40: 02/07 - 193.4

Day 43: 02/10 - 193.8

I did some lifting and some cardio this week, but was fairly limited. I'm finally over this damn cold. I've been taking it easy trying to get better and not tracking super well. But now that I'm better, it's time to jump back on the horse. Let's go.

This week's average weight: 193.7
Last week's average: 193.8
Weekly weight loss: -0.1
Total weight loss so far: -6.3

That's two weeks in a row. I'm going to slash my calories a little bit.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Day 46 - 02/13 - 193 lbs

Lifted weights today.

Day 48 - 02/15 - 192.4 lbs

Lifted weights today. Lifts are going up. I'll probably do some walking/jogging/hiking tomorrow. We'll see.

This journal has started to unravel and go down the toilet. Sorry guys. I am still lifting and tracking my macros. But I have not been great about weighing myself these past two weeks or updating this thing (even though, let's be real, nobody really cares. This is mostly just to keep myself accountable, and it's working).

For weighing, I try to replicate the same time and conditions of the day for accuracy (morning, fasted, after my bowel movement), but lately I've been so busy running to and from places that I've been forgetting until after I eat and then it's not accurate.

I'm also going to start trying to eat more primal/paleo/whole/keto foods. I've been doing IIFYM (look it up if you don't know), and so I've been eating a lot of processed foods -- protein shakes, protein bars, frozen dinners, bread, pasta, pizza, etc. Don't get me wrong, it has been working because I'm hitting my macros, but I'm going to see if switching to primal/paleo/whole/keto foods makes a difference as far as the rate of fat loss, my energy levels, and mood. I also wouldn't mind the health benefits. That's definitely a healthier way to eat.

I'll still be tracking my intake and trying to hit around 1800-2000, but most importantly I'm going to try to eat unprocessed foods 80% of the time. Which means, it's time to start cooking. I've tried paleo/primal in the past, and it's great, but you definitely need to still track your intake due to the high fat content. And it can feel really restrictive sometimes, so don't worry if you have some junk food once in a while. We're not aiming for perfect, but consistency (hence the 80/20).

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Curious why you are doing this on this forum? Lots of fitness forums are out there where people can give you feedback on your progress.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I'll go somewhere else. Damn.
I wasn't hating. If this is useful to you, keep doing it. I have just supported many people on fitness forums before, and I know how valuable it is...When I saw no one commenting on this here for you, I figured you could make more progress elsewhere.

Just trying to help.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
I wasn't hating. If this is useful to you, keep doing it. I have just supported many people on fitness forums before, and I know how valuable it is...When I saw no one commenting on this here for you, I figured you could make more progress elsewhere.

Just trying to help.

It's all good. I just got a little frustrated since all I've been met with so far in this thread is, "Why are you posting this?" It has felt pretty unwelcoming.

There are plenty of other forums and I understand your guys' point, but I'm trying to be more active on this forum. I'm new and I've realized there's a lot to learn on here. I mostly lurk and wish to keep my identity and business anonymous for the most part. So that's why the majority of my posts are in here for now. I'm observing and learning.

And this log is helping me more than I thought. Ever since I've stopped posting in here, my progress has stalled and even regressed slightly. It was helping to keep me accountable. I'm not really posting fitness stuff here for support or feedback, just accountability at this point. And maybe somebody will stumble upon it and learn something if I'm successful?

Day 65 - 03/04 - 195 lbs

Since my last update, I've been lifting, but my diet has gone to shit. I've been really inconsistent and I've been re-evaluating what has been working and what hasn't. I really don't want to lose all this fat and then rebound. Been there, done that.

And I need to meal prep so it's easier to stick with my macros. This week I'm putting all of my focus to getting back on track.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Curious why you are doing this on this forum? Lots of fitness forums are out there where people can give you feedback on your progress.

Since I am a Fitness Aficionado (and coach), I have been following this thread from the beginning.
So, why haven't I posted anything on this thread? Because he didn't ask for any feedback.

I would say he is doing this for himself, as a way to maybe make himself more accountable.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am just curious as to if you are tying any business goals in with your health goals? Having a healthy body ties in excellently with having a healthy mind. You need both in order to be the best version of yourself.

I find that no matter how much of a mental slump I am in, doing some physical activity instantly boosts my mind, my mood, and my ability to kick a$$ at life. I might have some tasks that need doing and I just can't bring myself to do them. If I force myself to do something physical, I can then go back to my list of tasks and start banging them out much easier.

dudewhat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Nov 17, 2017
USA
Since I am a Fitness Aficionado (and coach), I have been following this thread from the beginning.
So, why haven't I posted anything on this thread? Because he didn't ask for any feedback.

Actually I did. I ask you specifically earlier in the thread and got no response.

I would say he is doing this for himself, as a way to maybe make himself more accountable.

I just said that...

I am just curious as to if you are tying any business goals in with your health goals? Having a healthy body ties in excellently with having a healthy mind. You need both in order to be the best version of yourself.

I find that no matter how much of a mental slump I am in, doing some physical activity instantly boosts my mind, my mood, and my ability to kick a$$ at life. I might have some tasks that need doing and I just can't bring myself to do them. If I force myself to do something physical, I can then go back to my list of tasks and start banging them out much easier.

Oh yeah. There are plenty of mornings when I just want to skip the gym, but I know afterwards I'm going to feel happy and super productive. It makes my day 10x better. I'm not thinking clearly unless I work out.

I've realized I don't really have a problem working out, it's all diet. I've been in a deficit most of my lifting, so the muscle gains haven't been that much, but I have made a ton of strength gains.

I need to cut and just get this over with and then hop on a maintenance/bulk. The issue is just sticking to the cut and seeing it through.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Thanks, man! What do you think of my calorie level? Is that too low?

And cardio? Do you recommend doing it? A lot of things I have read and trainers I have talked to have said incline walking is adequate. Do you agree? Disagree?

I only saw this now, so apologies for not replying earlier.

2000 Kcal day is a good target for most men, but to answer to that many things should have to be analyzed. Things like: how many times you workout per week (heavy lifting), how much cardio, what type of cardio, if you are sedentary, lightly active or very active, etc.

So, let's say from what I had info, I would say an average of 2100Kcal per day is good for you if you lift 3-4x week + some cardio to help you with the caloric deficit.

Walking is a GREAT way to increase our TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) without taxing our CNS (Central Nervous System). That basically means you could walk 3 hours per day and have no problems with being mentally and physically tired, while if you would run on a daily basis for one hour on such caloric intake your body would start to give you many signs of fatigue and increase your hunger.

With that said, to help you.

If you consume on average 2.5 gr of protein per KG of your bodyweight on a caloric deficit, an average of 0.8 gr of fat per KG of your body weight, and the rest of the calories from carbs, you will have a good macro distribution.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.