- Joined
- Oct 28, 2011
- Messages
- 178
Rep Bank
$800
$800
User Power: 72%
Hi guys, I'm an American living in Thailand. I've tried the digital marketing agency doing a few things so far this year:
1. One time I had four personal trainers sign up on a pay per member basis. Three of them only wanted to spend 10 or 15 dollars per day. The fourth wanted to spend $50 per day, but shut it off quick. Leads were coming in for two of them. But they didn't like the quality of Facebook leads and the wild inconsistency. I was doing instant forms which are lower quality. Lots of lessons learned on this one. I overpromised so when the results were slow, flaky and inconsistent, frustration set in quick with them.
2. I tried again, this time targeting truck driving schools. We got people saying they were interested, giving verbal agreement for a revenue share. The hangup was at getting them to setup their Facebook business manager and grant advertiser access. They said they would but didn't, or just ghosted. Other digital marketers told me it was a mistake to send an email to onboard. Instead, I should have scheduled a call. If my current project fails, I might go back to them and do exactly that.
3. Another digital marketer told me to not go below $500 per month and offer a free fix your ad session (via Facebook ads). I got 14 leads and got on a zoom call with four of them. Two Med spas, one mortgage broker, and another one I can't remember. All of them said they were interested and would think about it, but on follow up they all ghosted. Cost per lead was higher than cold call. I would say about $35 per lead with 1 of one in 3 of them meeting me, the cost per appointment was about triple that.
4. The same digital marketer told me to go for a higher end industry and try cold calling again. I ran veterinarians by her, and she liked it, saying it was a good industry, but we just couldn't get past the gatekeepers
5. Right now I am targeting life insurance agencies and offering my services at $39 per week (as a low trust easy yes). Thailand is cheap. My base expenses are only about $1,000 a month. So even at these low rates at ~$150 a month per client, 7 of them covers me. The intent is after trust is earned, I raise rates. While of course continuing to add more clients.
Right now I have two part time Philippine cold callers I hired off of Facebook. I'm paying them $2.50 per hour plus $15 closing bonus. I'm going to onboard a third one today. They will each do 4 hours per day and share a Call Tools auto dialer seat. So that should be enough manpower to see results or invalidate the campaign quickly.
I'm also warming up Instantly (emailing) for the next few weeks in case the cold call campaign runs into too many "Not interested" or gatekeepers.
I look forward to following your journals and will also keep everyone updated here
1. One time I had four personal trainers sign up on a pay per member basis. Three of them only wanted to spend 10 or 15 dollars per day. The fourth wanted to spend $50 per day, but shut it off quick. Leads were coming in for two of them. But they didn't like the quality of Facebook leads and the wild inconsistency. I was doing instant forms which are lower quality. Lots of lessons learned on this one. I overpromised so when the results were slow, flaky and inconsistent, frustration set in quick with them.
2. I tried again, this time targeting truck driving schools. We got people saying they were interested, giving verbal agreement for a revenue share. The hangup was at getting them to setup their Facebook business manager and grant advertiser access. They said they would but didn't, or just ghosted. Other digital marketers told me it was a mistake to send an email to onboard. Instead, I should have scheduled a call. If my current project fails, I might go back to them and do exactly that.
3. Another digital marketer told me to not go below $500 per month and offer a free fix your ad session (via Facebook ads). I got 14 leads and got on a zoom call with four of them. Two Med spas, one mortgage broker, and another one I can't remember. All of them said they were interested and would think about it, but on follow up they all ghosted. Cost per lead was higher than cold call. I would say about $35 per lead with 1 of one in 3 of them meeting me, the cost per appointment was about triple that.
4. The same digital marketer told me to go for a higher end industry and try cold calling again. I ran veterinarians by her, and she liked it, saying it was a good industry, but we just couldn't get past the gatekeepers
5. Right now I am targeting life insurance agencies and offering my services at $39 per week (as a low trust easy yes). Thailand is cheap. My base expenses are only about $1,000 a month. So even at these low rates at ~$150 a month per client, 7 of them covers me. The intent is after trust is earned, I raise rates. While of course continuing to add more clients.
Right now I have two part time Philippine cold callers I hired off of Facebook. I'm paying them $2.50 per hour plus $15 closing bonus. I'm going to onboard a third one today. They will each do 4 hours per day and share a Call Tools auto dialer seat. So that should be enough manpower to see results or invalidate the campaign quickly.
I'm also warming up Instantly (emailing) for the next few weeks in case the cold call campaign runs into too many "Not interested" or gatekeepers.
I look forward to following your journals and will also keep everyone updated here
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
