The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work/life balance and mental health

Anything related to matters of the mind

PabloFerreira

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2020
Barcelona
Hello everyone, I've seen several posts talking about this lately in some reddit forums, so I thought to bring more awareness and depth into this (I believe, crucial) topic that gets overlooked often. I want to propose a couple questions to kick things off, and let's see where do we get in the comments!

As an ambitious business owner, are you struggling with giving yourself a break and enjoying your down time? If so, what are the two biggest issues you're dealing with?

What would you wish for more than anything else regarding your work/life balance and your mental health?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Are you asking because you're interested in selling something?

Or genuinely interested?

Because this sounds like "solution selling", and this common tactic has been used here about 3,201 times.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I have always thought work/life balance was a rather wet thing to ask about.

Anyone who wishes to achieve any sort of goal is going to work at it non-stop and not be thinking about how they are struggling with any other aspect of their 'lives'

There is a very good chance you support Barcelona FC. And more than likely know the players.

Well none of them were thinking, 'I must spend more time with Doris two doors down and have a natter over a cup of tea and a Jammy Dodger.'

They were thinking football, football, football - 24/7

When people retire they may say 'I wish I had spent more time doing xyz' but that is hindsight. Given their lives again they would do what they did the first time round.

Dan

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hello everyone, I've seen several posts talking about this lately in some reddit forums, so I thought to bring more awareness and depth into this (I believe, crucial) topic that gets overlooked often. I want to propose a couple questions to kick things off, and let's see where do we get in the comments!

As an ambitious business owner, are you struggling with giving yourself a break and enjoying your down time? If so, what are the two biggest issues you're dealing with?

What would you wish for more than anything else regarding your work/life balance and your mental health?
Really comes down to the individuals life. Not everyone has the same situation with family, friends, co-workers, or romantic partners. Entrepreneurs work a bit different then your normal 9-5 job, that you just go to work on certain days and then take days off. Depends on the situation, business, and how much time it actually takes to keep things moving in the right direction. This is going to be different for everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.