The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work is stable? LOL

Maxkaz

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jul 19, 2023
Israel
Hey, everyone.

Just an off-topic, but I am generally laughing and want to share.

A context. I live in Israel, and there seems to be a war here. It is not impacting most of commoners’ lives though. But what it does impact is the sourse of Israel’s riches - international business. In particular for the last 4 months I work at a factory which assembles Mellanox network switches. Got here just one week before 07.10 when the disaster struck. At the same time I had my small local under-business as a your friendly local Spider- handyman.

The funny thing is how those 4 months of war changed my work and my business. At work there is a total decline. Mellanox and other international buyers are frightened by war and lower their orders. This lead to lay-offs for some and lesser payment for others. An average for a line worker at my factory dropped from $3000 after taxes per month to $2000 and people are angry, frustrated and spend their savings. Today we were announced that our last lucrative night shift of the week is canselled (LFAO, as I am dropping the work today, but still noone come tomorrow).

On the other hand my business thrives. Many good men and women are drafted for war and lots of gaps in the society. Me being handiman saw a huge increase in demand to substitute sons, spouses and usual workers for those left outside the draft. And my pool of monthly paying customers is now a dozen of vaad bayt (Israeli analog of HOA) who pays me monthly from the pockets of 6-20 homeowners each.

Funny stuff is that your “stable” 9/5 job crumbled during the war-time, while adaptability of business let me thrive and achieve my goals far faster than I thought possible in this turmoil.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Nothing in life is guaranteed its all about risk. No job is safe. 2020 is a great example and so is the Tech Bubble from recent years. I don't know what "secure means".

401(k)s won't be consistent either if you have a history of not being stable. It just doesn't work at all.

Funny how years ago, I always thought tech would be the "safest" market job market. Nope.

Instead it's based on the value you bring to the marketplace in terns of skills you learn and problems your solving.

There's just many ways you can do it.

MJs second book Unscripted about the market holds true in my eyes.

Your job can be outsourced, you can be laid off, your department might not be doing well, the company isnt selling their products enough, the customers for the company you work for are pulling the plug, you could be siloed into a role and those skills might not be transferable. At this point, just work for yourself. You might be better off any.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.