The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work in Cyber Security? (looking for some advice)

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Just thought I'd ask if any of you members on the forum work in a Cyber Security environment perhaps in a NOC or SOC with SIEM's or anything like that?

I was offered a position in a cyber security firm and I wanted to get some perspective- if anyone has one?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest92dX

I pseudo-interviewed with a Cyber Security firm. Not sure if they were a total troll company, but they did offer relocation assistance.

It was for a consultative sales role. Lol.

I should have pressed forward with it.

The position was in sunny Arizona. The only downside is that I don't have a car. So the relocation assistance would have had to help me get a car :(.

Eh, oh well.

Opportunity knocks when you don't expect or even really want it.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
I posted this because I was offered a job, but the offer letter that I received later was waaaaaay to low.

So I guess its redundant now. However, if anyone was interested in security, I know one of the primary companies that offer security tools was going to open their own "app store" for stuff that could be lucrative...

I read about it on Axios if anyone was interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.