The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work 1 hour per day & earn $10 million

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
re: Work 1 hour per day & earn $10 million

i just bought the latest INC with him on the cover like 5 seconds ago. looking forward to working an hour a day myself. as soon as i'm done working 16 hours a day. lol!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

Interesting guy!

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va

Shouldnt this article should be in the success stories thread?

I read it awhile ago since i have a subscription to this magazine. I really enjoyed the article.

What he did is alot of what MJ preaches, Create something that will help ALOT of people, turn that it into a system, then let the system be the business.

He didnt start it to make money, he started it so he could create a job for himself and essentially throw it into his portfolio.

Another MJ post also comes to mind. Its the one about mindest.

I know i am always thinking of creating/promoting products or ideas that can make me large sums of money. I have to admit that i never really focused on how to help masses of people. I primarily focused on just the money.

This is a classic example of that mentality. He helped people by creating a free dating site. There were plenty of paying date sites available and their still are. This is one of the major free dating sites. So by not focusing on money or monthly memberships, the website started growing. Now money is being thrown at him just to advertise on his sight.

It really makes me rethink everything i though about making money. This is just another example of how someone with a simple idea helped millions of people. Now for doing so, hes reaping the rewards from his hard work to the tune of $10 mil per year.

Here are his rules:
Rule No.1: Pick a market where the competition charges money, and do it for free.
Rule No. 2: Keep your costs low. Really low.
Rule No. 3: Use Web 2.0
Rule No. 4: Relax.

Very Impressive.

focus more on helping people

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space

people don't get big results if you don't shoot big. this guy picked a business model that can easily scale as big as you want it to go. perhaps he did it by luck, but still, the business model you pick is huge. you can stunt yourself before you even get started if you pick an endeavor that is inherently small scale. this is a common mistake; one i've been guilty of more than once.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

well this is intresting article but i am not goona belive on it that 1 houre = 10 million

strange

Key point = NOW it is 1hr a day.

When he started, it was 60 hours or more, he was breathing POF, and trolled forums looking for adsense advice.

this is how it works EVERY TIME. There are no shortcuts.

garosteering

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2009
FL

If I visited the site without reading the INC. article I would not think its a cash cow. I am learning that traffic is king....

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden

Key point = NOW it is 1hr a day.

When he started, it was 60 hours or more, he was breathing POF, and trolled forums looking for adsense advice.

this is how it works EVERY TIME. There are no shortcuts.

There are shortcuts, but they usually cost a bit of money. If you do start out like me, with no actual money to speak of, then you are forced to work many hours.

But if you start out with a lot of money, then you can start working 1 hour from the get go. Because you can buy the necessary service to make magic happen.

So it is really a question of definition.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
I'm always really skeptical of guys like this, but I can't help reading about them :) It's true, shortcuts exist and usually cost money. Usually lots of money. There's nothing wrong with working your tail off though; it teaches you to appreciate your successes and motivates you to learn to keep what you earn.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I'm always really skeptical of guys like this, but I can't help reading about them :) It's true, shortcuts exist and usually cost money. Usually lots of money. There's nothing wrong with working your tail off though; it teaches you to appreciate your successes and motivates you to learn to keep what you earn.

I am not sceptical of those people. I try the theories they tell you about. Many don't work well, but some actually help you a lot. As always, if you don't try you don't know. Life is risky, what can I say. The only thing you can control is the management of the risk, or the potential risk.

Shortcuts, the very word, has a negative conotation. Unfairly I would say. I would even say this: I would only wish I would have started taking shortcuts earlier in life. Then I would certainly be at least ten times as rich today.

People who are on the Forbes list (not all of them, but fairly many I would assume) took legal shortcuts and made billions in time spans that spin our heads on this forum. Just look at Sheldon Adelson, he made a couple of Billion dollars in 1 year if I remember it correctly. Sure he has lost something like 90% of that value now, but the fact still remains, he actually made it happen.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Shortcut?

If you call finding something that a large number of people are paying for and giving it to them for free in exchange for long term relationship, then this longcut business is for wankers.

Case in point... continuity customers, on average, are only valid for 1-3 months, depending on the service.

Some wise a$$ comes along and gives the same platform, to the same group of people for free, they will likely continue to use it for a longer duration. (not consistency, longevity)

He just earned a relationship with that group of people that he could put ads in front of for life.
Then viral.

Now, the haters think he only works an hour a day.

Let me remind you, that hour is just the drive to the bank!

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Good points, both of you. I think what you're calling "shortcuts", I simply call "leverage". Same diff. I wrote about making money fast just yesterday on My One Hundred Things. It illustrates this exact point. And it's kind of the point of this whole Fastlane forum.

I think the reason I usually argue against the mentality of taking "shortcuts" is because there is so much misunderstanding out there on what that actually means. You can't shortcut the value you create for others. That said, there's nothing to say you can't create huge value in a short period of time. In fact, why the heck wouldn't you?

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I usually don't give speed + to those who just post a link, but this is great!

super fast lane, speed ++!

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Giving stuff away for free (so called "loss leaders") is a shortcut. A smart one. Why is it a shortcut? Because it cost less money overall than if you where to market your stuff and try to convince new customers to buy from you.

And the loss leader really does not have to cost you a cent either. Today we have pdf ebooks. Many of these good and related ebooks can be had for free (with no need of paying a license) and can be downloaded by people for free also.

When you give away free stuff, then that really is valueable news to people so you could use pressreleases to reach out and pressreleases really cost nothing.

So as you can see, being generous in business might be a big shortcut without a compromise on value or quality.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
This has been posted before, but I love GV and thought that this was worth posting again, because of the relevance of the term 'shortcuts'. I think it all speaks to the same idea that yes, this guy works very little, and makes a ton, but it took sweat equity to get there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoieMwGNQ-U]YouTube - In the Trenches Bitches[/ame]

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
LoL. The leverage available on the web and the population sleeps. Slept past the radio era, tv era, and now the internet. LoL.

This proves right here that anything is possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.