The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Woo Hoo ... PageRank3!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Woo hoo ... Google just upped my PageRank to 3 from 2!!

(The biggest PageRank I ever had at any of my websites was 7!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
That is AWESOME, MJ!
:party:

-Russ H.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Woo hoo ... Google just upped my PageRank to 3 from 2!!

(The biggest PageRank I ever had at any of my websites was 7!)

CONGRATS MJ!!!!!

(can I ask exactly what that means without sounding like a total idiot? :smx4:)

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Congrats!

I don't really get how pagerank works. My site has a pagerank of 3 as well.

MJ do you know more information about pagerank?

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
To me, page rank means too little to pay attention to.

It simply means how many web pages are linking to you. It doesn't really help you increase your web site conversion rate or be on top of search engine with your target keywords, make your web site the top site in your niche or even drive traffic to you site.

The few advantages to have higher PR is to get Google Search Engine indexed quicker and get a higher chance to get advertiser's attention.

Other than that, it's just a number to me. :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The few advantages to have higher PR is to get Google Search Engine indexed quicker and get a higher chance to get advertiser's attention.

And you get to charge more for ads on your pages!!

I think getting it past 5, up to 6 means something, not in the actual numerical sense, but a PR6 site has to be pretty popular traffic or link wise. At least that's my view.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To me, page rank means too little to pay attention to.

It simply means how many web pages are linking to you. It doesn't really help you increase your web site conversion rate or be on top of search engine with your target keywords, make your web site the top site in your niche or even drive traffic to you site.

Terence, Terence, Terence ...

PageRank, aside from the *official* explanation is a comparison metric. As Kenric (Bio) stated, a higher PageRank will command better ad rates. A higher PageRank will command a better sale price (when you sell your website). A higher PageRank makes your site more transparent when you try to justify any kind of ad rates ad/or sales price. Just a number? Not.

I can't count how many times a website owner tries to BS me with "our site gets 10,000,000 views a month!" so our ad rates of $x,xxx are justified. When I check PageRank it is 1 or 2. For one thing, it exposes BS. When my website hit PageRank 7, I was solicited for sale offers every single month and the third-party Google PageRank was sort a validation of claim.

The best analogy I can give you is this ... Moody's Bond Ratings ...

You offer a bond sale and Moody rates it "CCC" = Not that good.

If Moody's upgrades your bonds to "Aaa" it is an "upgrade". Google PageRank is similar - I consider it an upgrade. The better your Bond is rated, the more people will want to buy it. Build assets ... sell ...

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
When I used the link to look up our site I saw that we have about 400 errors. Are these errors a big deal? ...I haven't noticed any glitches in performance.

Congrats MJ on your page rank. Do you think that adding the SEO widget thing to the forum has played a large part in your page ranking?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thanks for bringing light to this, i have the IE7 plug in that brings up alexa and page rank on everysite. Right now it shows this has a 0/10 with an alexa of 130, 078.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
It's only been a month, give or take, since MJ uploaded vb SEO. A bit more time and things will be knocking on 4's door. VB standard kinda sucks (previous versions 3.6....) with no tags or post titles. Horrible for SEO.

Those with wordpress blog's.... you may have the same pr with less content, relevance, or whatever, because wordpress pings everytime you make a new post. If you have seo plugins, additional things will occur that aid in SEO over traditional sites, unless they are already of authority. Rss wonders are available as well.

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Congrats MJ .. I would bet the 1 year aging of the domain made a significant impact.

Terrence, PR adds to the asset. Although it is only a number, it solves one additional variable in the equation.. and if it is in your favor, then that is a good thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.