The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Women in the fast lane, how did you pick your partner?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Llmmu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 4, 2021
I have seen so many comments and advice for men on how to pick their partner and I want to ask the opposite, girls if you are looking to build your own wealth and business. What do you look for in a partner? What has worked better for you?

I feel that there are two ways to approach this and I want to get more opinions:
- If I look for a man that is also in the fast lane, we might be into the same things of business, personal development, career growth, etc. I haven't had this experience before, but I feel that the downside here might be that he is as busy as me or more and that we barely see each other? Also, I'm afraid that their ego gets in the way if I am able to accomplish more and that can destroy the relationship.

- the other option is having a normal guy, normal job but with no desires to build their own business or build as much wealth. Personally I have dated these type before and the good thing is that they usually have a lot of time for me, and they help me when I need to, but the downside is that is hard for them to understand why I am working a lot, or they don't even share the same desire for growth and personal improvement and I wonder if this can also be holding me back since they don't care about optimizing their life.

I would like to know if there are in betweens and what have you seen/valued the most in long term relationships. For example, if I wanted to have a family I feel that the second type is better because they could help me take care of the kids but I don't know if this is a good way to approach love relationships. On the other hand I am not sure if I am missing the opportunity of having a more fulfilling relationship if I can share everything about growth, potential, business every day even if it comes to the cost of both of being busier. Or could I get this from a friend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I have seen so many comments and advice for men on how to pick their partner and I want to ask the opposite, girls if you are looking to build your own wealth and business. What do you look for in a partner? What has worked better for you?

I feel that there are two ways to approach this and I want to get more opinions:
- If I look for a man that is also in the fast lane, we might be into the same things of business, personal development, career growth, etc. I haven't had this experience before, but I feel that the downside here might be that he is as busy as me or more and that we barely see each other? Also, I'm afraid that their ego gets in the way if I am able to accomplish more and that can destroy the relationship.

- the other option is having a normal guy, normal job but with no desires to build their own business or build as much wealth. Personally I have dated these type before and the good thing is that they usually have a lot of time for me, and they help me when I need to, but the downside is that is hard for them to understand why I am working a lot, or they don't even share the same desire for growth and personal improvement and I wonder if this can also be holding me back since they don't care about optimizing their life.

I would like to know if there are in betweens and what have you seen/valued the most in long term relationships. For example, if I wanted to have a family I feel that the second type is better because they could help me take care of the kids but I don't know if this is a good way to approach love relationships. On the other hand I am not sure if I am missing the opportunity of having a more fulfilling relationship if I can share everything about growth, potential, business every day even if it comes to the cost of both of being busier. Or could I get this from a friend?
Finding a balance between hard work and family is hard. There are many approaches to solving this problem. Look on youtube, there are many experts advocating for different ways. The choice is yours.

proton180

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2022
Me and my wife both run our business, i guess it really depends on your&his personality, we support & pull each other, so you have this intimate synergy. But at times we also need some space to seperate from other because we are constantly together.

proton180

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2022
And i had a girlfriend before that was not into business at all, terrible.. didnt understand why i was so invested. But again it really depends on the prt er & personalities. Dont take my personal experience for your answer:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Great question! I definitely don’t have all the answers but one thing I’ve seen in a few other couples is if he helps her start the business of her own but then her business is kind of a reflection of him and she didn’t really make the business, he made the business and she’s kind of the worker at her own business..not ideal in my opinion…I think love has to do with aligning visions, not one person with a vision creating the life for both people

I think for the right person it can work with either of the options you mentioned where the right business guy will make time for you and have the space for you even if he’s busy. And the guy without a business will see your vision for a business himself and help you create it, granted no relationship is perfect

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.