The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Winning Life in the Pacific Northwest

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
It was pointed out to me rather adeptly that I did not introduce myself. I apologize for that! I am from the Pacific Northwest and am currently unemployed. It seems like the best situation for me to try and build a couple of businesses from the ground up that I've been thinking about for awhile. My goal in the first 5 years is to be able to survive without a job. After 10 years, I will be a billionaire.

Got questions or comments? Post them! I'm 24 and determined to be wealthy and focused on process.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
Hey, and welcome! Where are you located? I'm west of the Puget Sound, in WA. ;)

Wow really? I'm in Port Townsend. Whereabouts are you? Didn't think anyone would be out in the boonies out here with me :) Maybe we can meet up for coffee or tea or something.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow really? I'm in Port Townsend. Whereabouts are you? Didn't think anyone would be out in the boonies out here with me :) Maybe we can meet up for coffee or tea or something.

Lol.. Wow, I was up there yesterday! I live 25 mins away in Port Ludlow. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
. It seems like the best situation for me to try and build a couple of businesses from the ground up that I've been thinking about for awhile.

No no and no.

Build ONE business. One business only.

Do you have 5 girlfriends? 3 wives?

Don't be a cheater.

Or as Snowbank would say, don't "Deworsify".

Also, read TMF otherwise you will be lost around here.

Welcome aboard -- I read your other thread and it sounds like you have the raw materials for creating something great.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Keep it simple. Focus on ONE business at a time. Consider each business idea you have alike a date: one at a time…otherwise it gets confusing and you can’t focus on whose name is what and you end up getting a glass of wine tossed in your face and your left with nothing but paying a big check.
Keep in mind that even though you might not have a conventional job, you’re still going to work…probably harder than you’ve ever worked before…at least in the beginning.
Lastly, your simple strategy: “work for 5 years w/ a job…then in the next five years after that I’ll be a billionaire” is naïve, if not insulting to the folks here who know (because they’ve done it) that it takes a heck of a lot more than that to make that kind of money. But maybe I’m missing something in the details that you didn’t divulge….so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Best o’ luck!

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
@MJ (quoting fail)

Fair point. I didn't mean all at once though, I meant build one, eventually sell it, and then move on to the next. I'm allowed to have multiple ideas right? :)

I'm very close to finishing TMF , forgot to mention that in my intro. Loving it so far and it's been a great inspiration for changing my mindset.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
@Alana (quoting fail)

I believe you misunderstood my wording. When I mentioned the 5 years thing, I was saying my first goal is to survive without a job. I also mentioned I'm unemployed, so it's a gradual build up from no income to some income and not being pestered by friends and family to find a job. It's hard because I've had to start borrowing money from family members to make my car payments while I try to sell it. Irritating that I'm not successfully getting more traffic to my car ad :(

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
Lol.. Wow, I was up there yesterday! I live 25 mins away in Port Ludlow. :)

Awesome!! I am out in Hadlock all the time. Good to know I'm not alone out here in the boonies. There's this great new tea shop in PT called Pippa's... run by an Australian ex-pat and has some really great food/snack choices on certain days, and an excellent selection of gourmet teas if you are into that sort of thing. I've tried their pu-erhs and they're all really good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...