- Joined
- Jan 24, 2021
- Messages
- 54
Rep Bank
$330
$330
User Power: 74%
Hi all, never heard of this community until about 2 weeks ago having seen some forum threads from here posted on the Bulldog Mindset Facebook group. I just started to read Unscripted .
I'm 37 years old, Irish and am a software engineer. I've always wanted to work for myself but have tended to start things, do them to 80%, then get bored and drop them. I also have had major issues with believing in myself and my ideas. I feel very unfulfilled working for others and grinding through. I have a restlessness which, for many years, lead me to partying and drinking too much - since I began working full-time I've basically binge drank every Thursday to Sunday. I've still managed to keep fit, start side projects, work hard on the day job etc, but I haven't really moved forward in life.
Over the last 6 months I've had a real mindset change, especially since consuming Bulldog Mindsets content. I've channeled my restlessness into research and building a side business (and I've quit the booze).
So my plan is to work like crazy this year to build a side business, and eventually go full-time on it. I actually have 2 side businesses I am working on:
1/ 3 years ago I developed and released software for free - it is very very niche (in an area called flow cytometry). Over the year, about 3,500 users (mostly University students/researchers, doctors and pharma consultants) have registered and used it. About 75 new years join per month. The competition is off-line (i.e. they provide desktop software) and charge approx $3,000 for an instance of the software. So there is a gap between the free software (most of which is poor) and the paid software (most of which is really expensive). Im planning on charging approx $30 per month per user - and adding a more lucrative revenue stream by monetising the data I have collected over the years. I've started to put together a small team and am joining forces with the local University.
2/ My friend is a sports journalist and YouTuber who has built up an audience of about 50,000 sports fan (mostly here in Ireland where we have our own sports called gaelic games) - and we want to sell to them. This is what Im going to post about next as we're not sure what we should sell to them yet.
Looking forward to posting here regularly and hearing yer thoughts.
Mark
I'm 37 years old, Irish and am a software engineer. I've always wanted to work for myself but have tended to start things, do them to 80%, then get bored and drop them. I also have had major issues with believing in myself and my ideas. I feel very unfulfilled working for others and grinding through. I have a restlessness which, for many years, lead me to partying and drinking too much - since I began working full-time I've basically binge drank every Thursday to Sunday. I've still managed to keep fit, start side projects, work hard on the day job etc, but I haven't really moved forward in life.
Over the last 6 months I've had a real mindset change, especially since consuming Bulldog Mindsets content. I've channeled my restlessness into research and building a side business (and I've quit the booze).
So my plan is to work like crazy this year to build a side business, and eventually go full-time on it. I actually have 2 side businesses I am working on:
1/ 3 years ago I developed and released software for free - it is very very niche (in an area called flow cytometry). Over the year, about 3,500 users (mostly University students/researchers, doctors and pharma consultants) have registered and used it. About 75 new years join per month. The competition is off-line (i.e. they provide desktop software) and charge approx $3,000 for an instance of the software. So there is a gap between the free software (most of which is poor) and the paid software (most of which is really expensive). Im planning on charging approx $30 per month per user - and adding a more lucrative revenue stream by monetising the data I have collected over the years. I've started to put together a small team and am joining forces with the local University.
2/ My friend is a sports journalist and YouTuber who has built up an audience of about 50,000 sports fan (mostly here in Ireland where we have our own sports called gaelic games) - and we want to sell to them. This is what Im going to post about next as we're not sure what we should sell to them yet.
Looking forward to posting here regularly and hearing yer thoughts.
Mark
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
