The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

why i joined

zander1983

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jan 24, 2021
Hi all, never heard of this community until about 2 weeks ago having seen some forum threads from here posted on the Bulldog Mindset Facebook group. I just started to read Unscripted .

I'm 37 years old, Irish and am a software engineer. I've always wanted to work for myself but have tended to start things, do them to 80%, then get bored and drop them. I also have had major issues with believing in myself and my ideas. I feel very unfulfilled working for others and grinding through. I have a restlessness which, for many years, lead me to partying and drinking too much - since I began working full-time I've basically binge drank every Thursday to Sunday. I've still managed to keep fit, start side projects, work hard on the day job etc, but I haven't really moved forward in life.

Over the last 6 months I've had a real mindset change, especially since consuming Bulldog Mindsets content. I've channeled my restlessness into research and building a side business (and I've quit the booze).

So my plan is to work like crazy this year to build a side business, and eventually go full-time on it. I actually have 2 side businesses I am working on:

1/ 3 years ago I developed and released software for free - it is very very niche (in an area called flow cytometry). Over the year, about 3,500 users (mostly University students/researchers, doctors and pharma consultants) have registered and used it. About 75 new years join per month. The competition is off-line (i.e. they provide desktop software) and charge approx $3,000 for an instance of the software. So there is a gap between the free software (most of which is poor) and the paid software (most of which is really expensive). Im planning on charging approx $30 per month per user - and adding a more lucrative revenue stream by monetising the data I have collected over the years. I've started to put together a small team and am joining forces with the local University.

2/ My friend is a sports journalist and YouTuber who has built up an audience of about 50,000 sports fan (mostly here in Ireland where we have our own sports called gaelic games) - and we want to sell to them. This is what Im going to post about next as we're not sure what we should sell to them yet.

Looking forward to posting here regularly and hearing yer thoughts.

Mark

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kwiksliver

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 21, 2021
England, UK
Welcome Mark!

Sounds like you've got a couple of great plans! I'm assuming that business 2 is something you plan to setup first whilst working your way to building business 1 right?

Will look forward to hearing about your progress!

zander1983

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jan 24, 2021
Welcome Mark!

Sounds like you've got a couple of great plans! I'm assuming that business 2 is something you plan to setup first whilst working your way to building business 1 right?

Will look forward to hearing about your progress!
Thanks. Yeah that is correct - business 2 can reap immediate returns. Business 1 is more long term and will be slower with returns.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...