The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do we Rant?

Anything related to matters of the mind

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Whenever I see a post in the Rant section, my mind immediately associates with victimhood. What else could a rant possibly be?

Why would any of us care if our friend, step-brother, or other acquaintance does not make money using the fastlane? Why do we care that our direct relatives don't see it or get what we are trying to do? What real affect does that have on our lives? If it does have an affect, we should be looking at why.

What is the real reason that we care if someone is a sidewalker? How does it affect our lives if someone is going into debt for education, spending money on a car they can't afford, pinning all their hopes and dreams on a job supported by someone else?

Could it be that we are insecure? Could it be that misery loves company? Is it possible that we have not found our own way?

So many questions and not enough answers... Perhaps I should have placed this in the Rant category. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Whenever I see a post in the Rant section, my mind immediately associates with victimhood. What else could a rant possibly be?

Why would any of us care if our friend, step-brother, or other acquaintance does not make money using the fastlane? Why do we care that our direct relatives don't see it or get what we are trying to do? What real affect does that have on our lives? If it does have an affect, we should be looking at why.

What is the real reason that we care if someone is a sidewalker? How does it affect our lives if someone is going into debt for education, spending money on a car they can't afford, pinning all their hopes and dreams on a job supported by someone else?

Could it be that we are insecure? Could it be that misery loves company? Is it possible that we have not found our own way?

So many questions and not enough answers... Perhaps I should have placed this in the Rant category. :)

This feels like a rant.... but I'm thinkin' ma feels is wrong, because you're not a ranter.

Why would any of us care if our friend, step-brother, or other acquaintance does not make money using the fastlane?

'cause we have to pay his bills.

It doesn't. We're human beings that like to have a little bitch session every now and then. Once it's out of our systems we move on. Sometimes it's easier to complain/vent to strangers on the internet, because it doesn't have the blowback of complaining to real people in our actual lives. Not saying this is an excuse or the behavior isn't childish, but you made the mistake of asking. :clench:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
How many successful people have you talked to that reference people getting in their way or stopping them from attaining goals? How about external roadblocks?

Challenges should be seen as obstacles that need to be overcome. Not things that are personally being placed in your way.

We are what we want to be. We can wake up each day to confront challenges or complain about them. There is nothing wrong with discussing our issues. That is good for us and others. In fact, that may be the real value in a discussion forum.

Simply leaving a complaint is like setting a little negative trip-wire and serves no purpose to you or anyone else.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This feels like a rant....
The intent is for ponderance.

From the lyrics of "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It doesn't. We're human beings that like to have a little bitch session every now and then. Once it's out of our systems we move on.
Observation shows that people build shrines around certain beliefs. These shrines grow and lock into the mind with triggers.

Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

All this proves is that Grace Slick loved the acid. :smile2:

Observations shows that people build shrines around certain beliefs. These shrines grow and lock into the mind with triggers.

Perhaps you are correct, and I was simply projecting my own use of bitching onto others.

Also, you gotta slow down on the philisophicality. This is what too much free time on the course does to a man.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Cos sometimes the ones who can't help themselves are loved ones. We want them to succeed, be healthy, be happy... but sometimes it's hard because you're seen as the outlier, the one not adapting to the 'norm' - first thing I'm doing when I become successful is buying my family a house or paying off theirs so they're not longer shackled by debt.

I want my friends to succeed - if I'm successful and able to travel, but yet they're stuck at a 9-5 job; then I can't travel with my friends. Maybe that's indirectly selfish of me, but that lifestyle kills an ordinary lifestyle any day.

G

GuestUser450

So many questions and not enough answers... Perhaps I should have placed this in the Rant category.
That's it, really. Rants are aren't complaints, they're questions without answers - maybe even ideas in need of executioners.

edit: ok, ok, ok - sometimes it's just fun to take something down a notch - person, place, thing, idea...in the safety of a forum where most will understand where you're coming from.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
SCRIPTED rant 1#: 'Oh, I'm behind my bills! Oh, my business is sapping the life out of me! I'm working harder than my friends who are working at cozy 9-5 jobs. They earn ten grand a month while I earn only a quarter of that! What's the use of suffering all this, at a business in which I can fail and lose everything?!'

UNSCRIPTED rant 1#: Well, business is tough. The cashflow seems to be slow, and sales aren't picking up. But hey, I'm gonna be tougher! I know some guys from the Fastlane who might know what I'm doing wrong. I'll check up on customer feedback. Perhaps they didn't like a product feature. Anyway the product launch is quite new. I'll change that and see how it goes....

My friends earn more than me all right. I don't like it that I earn less than them, but to hell with it. Is it all about earning more than my friends? It's stupid to make a business just to earn more than my friends. What am I, a greedy pig? If I want to earn more, let me improve my sales by reaching out to more people who need me. Let's go for some 'good' greed instead of 'bad' greed. If I can help more people, they will pay more money for my business.

Excuse the thread jack, but I've got something to share.

IMO, rants are good ONLY if we do something about them. Mark Cuban stated that complaining is the beginning of success, as opportunities and needs are exposed. But then it must be partnered with EXECUTION...doing something to solve the problem!

I just got a college paper project requiring me to do research on an industrial process called the Solvay process. The general fastlane view of schooling is that school is jail, a SCRIPTED monstrosity. I shared the same view and scorn. But in the beginning, I actually loved school. The process of learning, especially in research projects, where you peer at a universe of prior studies and find the worth of humanity in thousands of hours of back-breaking search for truth and answers. You examine errors, victories, defeats, uncertainties and optimism leading up to the formation of facts that are trustworthy and workable.

And that was what I discovered with the Solvay process.

The Solvay process is designed to produce sodium carbonate, a vital ingredient for your soaps, fertilisers, synthetics and even construction materials. You can say we would fall apart without it. The prior processes before it were cruel in the sense that they sucked in TOO MUCH resources and polluted the environment. Imagine having a Fastlane business that not only ate you out of house and cash, but also wrecked the hell out of the community. Solvay's predecessor, the Leblanc process, released acidic gases that killed vegetation and sent people to hospitals and probably their graves (this was when there was no antiseptics or modern equipment). A fastlane business or patented process that gets you wealth and the cost of people's lives.

Now that's a real thing to rant about!

Yup, people ranted about it. Ranted long and hard enough for the passing of the Alkali Acts, one of the first environmental protection laws in history. Ranted hard and long enough for Ernest Solvay to work away at a cleaner and more efficient industrial working that would save lives and improve resulting productivity. Required only half the materials of its predecessor, plus the waste materials could be recycled back into the process itself. Yup, their ranting and complaining resulted in a new industrial process and...yeah, problem solved.

Solvay had the last laugh....

Before world war 1, Solvay became the biggest multinational company in the world, eventually diversifying into plastics, pharmaceuticals and even aircraft design. Even today, the Solvay process is a mainstay in most developing countries despite technological advancements.

Now that is ranting gone Fastlane!

Some points to take, if you skipped the whole thing...
1. Ranting is good, It cuts down stress and reveals problems to solve. But it's best done with execution to solve the rant.
Rant + execution = Profit!

2. Ranting doesn't means you are weak and insecure. Done right, ranting means that you are tired of shit and won't stand for it. And we won't! tHe rich are rich because they don't stand for shit, and they actually stood for their stand!

3. Please, don't hate school and homework. You can get lots of Fastlane gems as long you know where to study, what to study and how to study. And some degrees can be Fastlaned very powerfully, especially the science and technology ones because they concern the long term survival of the human race, a very important problem indeed!

Only today I realised that antagonism towards the school system might be quite an error. Remind me to put up a more detailed post on the go to college thread!

p.s the last part of the Solvay process was found by my own initiative. It was a chemistry paper, not an economics papers....good to do some extra work.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I want my friends to succeed - if I'm successful and able to travel, but yet they're stuck at a 9-5 job; then I can't travel with my friends. Maybe that's indirectly selfish of me, but that lifestyle kills an ordinary lifestyle any day.
You will need to make new friends....

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Cos sometimes the ones who can't help themselves are loved ones. We want them to succeed, be healthy, be happy... but sometimes it's hard because you're seen as the outlier, the one not adapting to the 'norm' - first thing I'm doing when I become successful is buying my family a house or paying off theirs so they're not longer shackled by debt.
It never helps the way you want it to. It only causes turmoil. My family did not want me to quit my job. Once accomplished, they thought I had more than actuality. Money was given to most of my direct family without expectations. My sister followed the path behind me and is doing well. You cannot coach someone into changing though. I have tried many times without success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.