The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why are Doctors such a$$ holes?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I gave myself what I suspect was an aspartame overdose after consuming an entire mio package in about an hour, after a day of drinking diet drinks. Had classic pre-seizure symptoms (disorientation, sudden copper taste in mouth, inability to speak in completes sentence, and impending feeling of doom) even though I've never had a seizure (I was an EMT so I'm familiar with the warning signs, and my symptoms matched what a lot of my patients with first time seizures said they experienced). ER visit and neurologist follow up showed nothing. For a while I stopped having artificial sweeteners and caffeine completely - now I only consume both in moderation.
Rep transfer! Something that I'll use in my practice. Rock on man.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
yet another reason why doctors are assholes... (sorry Iwokeup not you)

went to see that new doc that I thought I liked.... yeah not so sure anymore...

went to the ortho doc 2x since then, got an injection in my leg, and saw the sleep dr that I knew I didnt need (to the cost of 120 out of pocket mind you...) still have no meds. I would like meds but I will F*cking survive...

fast forward to the past friday. my back goes out. its pretty bad. been nursing it myself all weekend. (ready to go to the hospital its THAT bad. if I thought they would do anything useful Id be there) so after agony all weekend I call the Dr... tell them whats going on, my doc that I saw once is not in... shes on vacation. wont be back till next week. I am supposed to be leaving on wed(tomorrow) of this week for my trip... I explain this to the office and ask if theres another doc I can see, or if they can just call me in (or if I can pick up) a script for something ANYTHING. I am all out of anything I had leftover from my last dr I havent seen since jan before I switched to their doc. (I even brought every pill I had left to show her when I went and they have ALL my records)

well they call me back today, the other doc is booked, they called my dr on vacation (wtf never told or asked them to do that sure shes going to be thrilled now) to see if she would give me any meds and she said no she has to see me again first. (cant go there untill july 16th... suffer till then cause why?) WTF all I want is some F*cking muscle relaxers that I have been on since 1997... like F*cking really? are you motherfucking serious? I am not going to the er and blowing $150 copay to get some meds because she wants to be an a**hole. F*ck that. this is why I hate doctors. I will sit here and suffer, ruin more than half of my vacation, if not the entire thing because I will be in agony, and if I am lucky I will be able to make it home to tell her to go F*ck herself for my appt...

I made an apt to go there on the 16th when I get back. and I do NOT forsee this appt going very well.

hopefully I wont be as nasty when I go to see her, I really did kind of like her. I just really really dont take kindly to this. and even if I dont tell her directly to go F*ck herself (which theres probably more than 80% chance I will) I am going to tell her things she definitely is not going to want to hear. OHH I CAN FEEL ANOTHER DISCHARGE LETTER COMING ON

Last edited:

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
and I tell you right now this is the last dr I will attempt to see in this place... if I get discharged I guess I will have no more medical care. I am not doing this. I am not going to keep doing this to myself it is not worth it.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
and on the other side of the coin, we set expectations that doctors can fix us after a 20 minute visit for things we have spent years getting ourselves into the condition we are in. It is estimated that 60-75% of patients lie multiple times during the interview or paperwork process, and hide the very information that will help a doctor with their diagnosis.

I am not trying to say anyone in this discussion are doing those things. I am just trying to point out the HUGE expectations that we put on doctors these days when you go back 50-60 years and the expectation was to remedy simple common issues and make you comfortable once it was obvious you were going to die.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I agree with your post... however I dont think most of us here fit into that "unrealistic expectation" category. I dont think she can fix anything. I do however think that one of the other doctors could have gotten me in. or called me in something so I am not dying for the next 15 days. I dont think that is too much to ask...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
the funniest (saddest idk) part of all of this.

if I was a heroin addict. I could go to just about anyone, anywhere, anytime, and say omg I cant take it I need something. AND THEY WOULD PLY ME WITH METHADONE AND PAIN KILLERS and anything else I needed.

as a legit pain patient who very rarely ever asks for any medication at all and suffers through most of the pain that would bring grown men to their knees crying, I get treated like a piece of shit, kicked out of practices, get put on depression meds when it upsets me, and called a drug addict in front of my kids... when all I asked for is a muscle relaxer!!!

yeah thats right. my expectations must be the problem LOL

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.