The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who read Napoleon Hill books?

For any book discussion

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I thought his book Grow Rich with Peace of Mind is the best one. He wrote it near the end of his life and looks back on some mistakes he made and how losing peace of mind isn't worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Who read "Law Of Success" and "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill?
What are your thoughts on these books?
Is it worth the time to read them given that I already read all 3 MJ's books?
I have read them both as well as all of MJ's books. I believe it is time well spent BUT...

I read Napoleon Hill's books many years ago while I was deeply entrenched in the slow lane life style. They did not help me see there was another route to success. There was always a nagging feeling in the back of mind that there had to be something I was missing. That something was made clear in TMF .

You don't need to read any of Hill's works to be a Fastlane success. I found a deeper connection to TMF because the principles of Hill's philosophy were rolling around in my coconut.

If you're one of those people who allocates study time to both near and long term, then absolutely put Think and Grow Rich on your reading list and spend a little time each week on it. But do NOT sacrifice the time you need to solve here and now challenges to read these books.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I have read them both as well as all of MJ's books. I believe it is time well spent BUT...

I read Napoleon Hill's books many years ago while I was deeply entrenched in the slow lane life style. They did not help me see there was another route to success. There was always a nagging feeling in the back of mind that there had to be something I was missing. That something was made clear in TMF .

You don't need to read any of Hill's works to be a Fastlane success. I found a deeper connection to TMF because the principles of Hill's philosophy were rolling around in my coconut.

If you're one of those people who allocates study time to both near and long term, then absolutely put Think and Grow Rich on your reading list and spend a little time each week on it. But do NOT sacrifice the time you need to solve here and now challenges to read these books.
Thanks for sharing your view mate :)

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I think that it is the book that created people like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs...
Where did you get this from?

I doubt Steve Jobs and Bezos have read Napoleon Hill. Bill Gates hasn’t, it was recommended to him by someone awhile ago on his blog.

Elon Musk, being a book nerd when he was young, may have read it.

However, if you think that a book is what’s keeping you from massive success, then you’re wrong. You need to take action and make stuff happen - without that, everything else is a waste.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Where did you get this from?

I doubt Steve Jobs and Bezos have read Napoleon Hill. Bill Gates hasn’t, it was recommended to him by someone awhile ago on his blog.

Elon Musk, being a book nerd when he was young, may have read it.

However, if you think that a book is what’s keeping you from massive success, then you’re wrong. You need to take action and make stuff happen - without that, everything else is a waste.
I didn't read that from nowhere actually. There was a very big influencial entrepreneur who ranked this book as number one for personal success and as a must. The way he described it, he made it appear to be like a tyranical book, like no one can compete with that.

However, if you think that a book is what’s keeping you from massive success, then you’re wrong.
Tbh, yes. The way the influencer described it, I thought I was hugely missing something but I'm slowly realising that that I'm wrong.

Just yesterday, I was sniffing around the man's site. I won't say the name. I saw that he was offering coaching and personally having dinner with him for nealy $10k. This guy has 3 books to himself. He interviews the big names of the world who are still alive. But while thinking about that, IF this man really were as rich as he claimed to be, as successful as he claims to be, I don't think that he would be coaching only people who can afford to pay this huge amount of money. Instead, if he really wanted to coach, he would choose by who are the one worth the time to coach and rather than choosing who to coach based on net worth and being able to pay $10k. In 2020-2021, he claimed that he is worth $150Million. Well, I guess that's another person chasing money while having a lot of perceived value but very low relative value.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I didn't read that from nowhere actually. There was a very big influencial entrepreneur who ranked this book as number one for personal success and as a must. The way he described it, he made it appear to be like a tyranical book, like no one can compete with that.
I'm going to get very critical on this. THEN WHY DID YOU SAY IT?! This is a huge problem we are having as humans right now. Far too many people spouting lies, half truths or stuff they made up without any basis in fact.

Well some influencer said it! OMG - an "influencer" is the LAST person I would believe about anything. In today's lexicon, influencers are people making money spouting crap they know nothing about - but if they can get clicks and eyeballs it pays. If you're willing to believe an influencer without doing any additional research or fact checking then you are doomed to mediocrity for the rest of your life.

Maybe I should move this to the RANTS thread.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I'm going to get very critical on this. THEN WHY DID YOU SAY IT?! This is a huge problem we are having as humans right now. Far too many people spouting lies, half truths or stuff they made up without any basis in fact.
I said I THINK. I didn't say IT IS A FACT. There's a difference. Are you saying I made up a lie? Because it seems like you said so. Did I in anyway anounce this as a fact? No. I did as an opinion of mine and it is clear by the way I phrased it.

Well some influencer said it! OMG - an "influencer" is the LAST person I would believe about anything. In today's lexicon, influencers are people making money spouting crap they know nothing about - but if they can get clicks and eyeballs it pays. If you're willing to believe an influencer without doing any additional research or fact checking then you are doomed to mediocrity for the rest of your life.
I know. That's why I don't directly believe everything an influencer says. Leave alone an influencer, basically anyone. That's why I made this thread: To get others opinion, see what they think.

Did you just call me a RANT because you misinterpreted what I said and because I am new here? Because that's disappointing :/

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Napoleon hill books were the first books I read when I was like 15 years old. I liked them and they were actually pretty good. But now I realized he was someone who got rich selling newsletters, books and magazines on success and never heard of him actually starting a business or anything like that.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Napoleon hill books were the first books I read when I was like 15 years old. I liked them and they were actually pretty good. But now I realized he was someone who got rich selling newsletters, books and magazines on success and never heard of him actually starting a business or anything like that.
What are the best books you read based on entrepreneurship and personal successn

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I said I THINK. I didn't say IT IS A FACT. There's a difference. Are you saying I made up a lie? Because it seems like you said so. Did I in anyway anounce this as a fact? No. I did as an opinion of mine and it is clear by the way I phrased it.
No you fell in the "saying something without researching it" category. I didn't say you lied. But I did lump telling lies, half truths and unresearched/undocumented statements in the same bucket of things that I wish people would stop doing.

I also did not mean to call your post a rant, but my reaction a rant. Sorry for the confusion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.