The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who read Napoleon Hill books?

For any book discussion

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Who read "Law Of Success" and "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill?
What are your thoughts on these books?
Is it worth the time to read them given that I already read all 3 MJ's books?

I am very tempted to read "Law Of Success". I think that it is the book that created people like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs...I may be wrong.

@MJ DeMarco I want to hear your opinion on this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Just sit down and read it if you want to?
If I had unlimited free time I would :/
Else I would not have asked if it is worth the time and just read it.

That's a thousand page book in case you didn't know, thanks.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Napoleon Hill was a fraud but don't let it stop you from reading and growing your mind. I read outwitting the devil a long time ago
View: https://youtu.be/-H0hMa1PpdE
I just watched the video, thanks. I read a few chapters in "Outwitting the Devil" about a year ago but it didn't interest me enough to keep on reading.

I read a few chapters in "Think and Grow Rich" and "Laws of Success" too about a year ago, they didn't interest me enough at that time but just recently, I saw some some people praising him a lot and telling how he made great people, how much his book helped. That's where my temptation of reading it comes from.

Just like a lot of people loves the dad book who had two fathers: a rich and a poor one and recommends it a lot despite the fact it doesn't really work for financial freedom, this may be the case with Napoleon Hills' book also. That's just my opinion.

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas

I have read Law of Success a couple times over the years. I will say Hill rambles a LOT but there is some really good info there. I would more skim the book for the high points.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I have read Law of Success a couple times over the years. I will say Hill rambles a LOT but there is some really good info there. I would more skim the book for the high points.
Okay, thanks for the info

Mind:Life

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 19, 2022
United States
I think that when these books were originally written (about a hundred years ago), they were revolutionary and they because of that, they became famous. Today there are hundreds of books (thousands?) about success. In my opinion, the principles of success are universal and eternal, so almost all success books cover the same ideas in different ways.

Because different authors have different insights and presentation styles, different people find different books to be of more value than others. The same book may not speak to different people in the same way. So... my suggestion is that there is no right or wrong, better or worse book for you. Try a variety and see which one is the breakthrough for you.

Incidentally, if you read the orignal version of Think and Grow Rich from the 1920's you will be able to see how much our society has changed in that time. Politically incorrect is a kind way of describing some of the stores in the book!

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I think that when these books were originally written (about a hundred years ago), they were revolutionary and they because of that, they became famous. Today there are hundreds of books (thousands?) about success. In my opinion, the principles of success are universal and eternal, so almost all success books cover the same ideas in different ways.

Because different authors have different insights and presentation styles, different people find different books to be of more value than others. The same book may not speak to different people in the same way. So... my suggestion is that there is no right or wrong, better or worse book for you. Try a variety and see which one is the breakthrough for you.

Incidentally, if you read the orignal version of Think and Grow Rich from the 1920's you will be able to see how much our society has changed in that time. Politically incorrect is a kind way of describing some of the stores in the book!
Thanks for the info and suggestion. I have already read a lot of books on personal development and success but none are as "controversial" as MJ's books. If you know any books that's as good and "controversial(exposing truth that society wants to stay hidden)", please, tell me the titles. I love unconventional type of books.

Mind:Life

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 19, 2022
United States
Thanks for the info and suggestion. I have already read a lot of books on personal development and success but none are as "controversial" as MJ's books. If you know any books that's as good and "controversial(exposing truth that society wants to stay hidden)", please, tell me the titles. I love unconventional type of books.
For something controversial and different check out The Silva Mind Control Method. I am not recommending it, only telling you about it because I found to be very controversial.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
For something controversial and different check out The Silva Mind Control Method. I am not recommending it, only telling you about it because I found to be very controversial.
I just downloaded it, thanks. I will give it a read tonight

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
sometimes I read through Think and Grow rich.
Its a good lecture and easy to read.y don’t have to read all. Has a good contents list.

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
Law of success is a massive book, I couldnt finish it. Also very repetitive. Think and grow rich came from it. The master key to riches is also very good from him.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Who read "Law Of Success" and "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill?
What are your thoughts on these books?
Is it worth the time to read them given that I already read all 3 MJ's books?

I am very tempted to read "Law Of Success". I think that it is the book that created people like Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs...I may be wrong.

@MJ DeMarco I want to hear your opinion on this
I've only read through a little bit of Think and Grow Rich as in the first few chapters but it has expanded my mindset and knowledge. Just like Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence Others the teachings and principles have helped me through my journey between interactions and how it has effected my decision making. Very similarly to Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane , its all about mindset and the ability to strengthen your mindset will allow you to become a better planner and decision maker, because the best in the business always have a plan.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I've only read through a little bit of Think and Grow Rich as in the first few chapters but it has expanded my mindset and knowledge. Just like Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence Others the teachings and principles have helped me through my journey between interactions and how it has effected my decision making. Very similarly to Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane , its all about mindset and the ability to strengthen your mindset will allow you to become a better planner and decision maker, because the best in the business always have a plan.
I see. Thanks for the info mate

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013

I've read it, so I know how long it is.

The problem with your question, like many people today, is they can't think or decide for themselves.

If you want to read it, read it. Stop asking permission.

Do you ask people if you should date someone? Do you ask people if you should get up out of bed in the morning? Do you ask people if you should brush your teeth or eat roast beef today?

At some point, you just need to do things without asking for permission or what someone else thinks.

People who have to ask constantly, generally get nowhere because they wait for others to validate something for them.

Stop being that, even over a book.

If 1,000 pages is stopping you from going forward and you have no time for it, then how do you expect to get anywhere in life on something more difficult than reading a book?

The time you wasted asking this question on this forum and replying to everyone could have got you to chapter 5 easily by now or further.

I'm trying to help you, but you seem intent on making a comment back to me like I don't know... instead of helping yourself.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany

The problem with your question, like many people today, is they can't think or decide for themselves.

Do you ask people if you should date someone? Do you ask people if you should get up out of bed in the morning? Do you ask people if you should brush your teeth or eat roast beef today?

At some point, you just need to do things without asking for permission or what someone else thinks.

People who have to ask constantly, generally get nowhere because they wait for others to validate something for them.

If 1,000 pages is stopping you from going forward and you have no time for it, then how do you expect to get anywhere in life on something more difficult than reading a book?

The time you wasted asking this question on this forum and replying to everyone could have got you to chapter 5 easily by now or further.

I'm trying to help you, but you seem intent on making a comment back to me like I don't know... instead of helping yourself.
You don't seem to understand the question. It's surprising, given that you are here since 2013.

I didn't ask whether I can read it or not. I asked whether it is a good book worth the time to read. I already got the answer from other people on this forum on whether I should give it a read or not, thanks for everyone who helped with that.
Asking for advice and deciding for oneself are two different things and all the examples you used are all irrelevant. Here's a good example:

I am tempted to read a book about getting rich by not buying starbucks for years. What are your thoughts on this book? Should I read it? I think I can get rich doing that.

Eliquid: If you want to read it, then why don't you just sit down and read it?

Others who replied: No, I recommend you reading the Millionaire Fastlane instead. That get rich book by not drinking starbucks is a scam.

I don't see it as a waste of time to ask for opinions of others on something.

Furthermore, if you were so sure about deciding for yourself on whether something is good or bad, why did you even read those books? You needed the opinions of the authors, huh?

Now, make good use of AAA- Act, Assess, Adjust, something I guess you have already learned because you are such a badass.

You acted by replying in a stupid manner. Assess: You realised that you indeed misunderstood the question or was indeed being stupid.
Adjust: Well, you can decide for yourself, I don't need to tell you the solution.

About that, I disagree. Let's say MJ is my neighbour. I am very ambitious about successful people and knowing MJ is one of them, I won't hesitate to go to him and validate my thoughts. Let's assume my thought is "I can get rich by working 9-5 with a master's degree and I will be very happy with my life." Now, I want to hear MJ's thoughts on that, given that he lives the life I want to live: "Hey MJ, here's what I think, what do you think of that? I want to live like you". MJ: "You are f-ing wrong. You've been brainwashed. Happiness is about autonomy and a 9-5 job steals that from you, trading 5 days for two. And that getting rich while saving every penny? Nop, brainwashed again. Provide value to society with products/services while respecting CENTS. That's how you will achieve your goals of getting rich and being happy."

Had I not go to MJ's house to validate my thoughts, I would be f-ed for life believing in BS.

Thanks for your time, take care!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
blah blah blah

whatever, you're the one asking if you should read a book, right? The one that doesn't have time for it since it's 1,000 pages and all.

Asking for advice and deciding for oneself are two different things and all the examples you used are all irrelevant. Here's a good example:

I am tempted to read a book about getting rich by not buying starbucks for years. What are your thoughts on this book? Should I read it? I think I can get rich doing that.

Eliquid: If you want to read it, then why don't you just sit down and read it?

Others who replied: No, I recommend you reading the Millionaire Fastlane instead. That get rich book by not drinking starbucks is a scam.

How about you read the book yourself and see if it is a scam? How do you know the people you ask are trustworthy?

I mean these are random people on the internet, right?

How do you know the people you ask are rich and can spot the scam? What if they are just haters?

You don't know anything about the people that you asked or how they got their opinions, therefor you waiting on them to validate for you is a bit of a misunderstanding on your part.

As far as your Starbucks reference, there are a lot of people on this forum who bash on Dave Ramsey and will tell you not to listen to Dave Ramsey. There is a thread on this forum just about this and him. But this forum is full of people that aren't the audience Dave Ramsey wrote his message to so for sure lots of people on here will say his advice is garbage and not worth your time.

However, his advice is sound and legit.. for those that he wrote it for.. people who are broke and need to restructure their life. He didn't write his books for people who are already wealthy and have lots of money and are not living paycheck to paycheck. Therefor many people on this forum aren't his "types" and will be against his message, because they aren't living paycheck to paycheck. It's doesn't mean what he teaches is wrong though. Most people grow into and out of opinions as their lifestyle changes or fits another message.

Are you living paycheck to paycheck now? If so all the people telling you no to the Starbucks and to instead read the Millionaire Fastlane might be doing you wrong because you may need something else all together, like not buying Starbucks so you can get some money up ( Dave Ramsey ) and once you have some money, then jumping into a business ( Millionaire Fastlane ). Lifestyle switch at the right time. But because you asked permissions and trusted someone else, you got lead down the wrong path.

See how that works?

I don't see it as a waste of time to ask for opinions of others on something.

Furthermore, if you were so sure about deciding for yourself on whether something is good or bad, why did you even read those books? You needed the opinions of the authors, huh?

Now, make good use of AAA- Act, Assess, Adjust, something I guess you have already learned because you are such a badass.

I don't ask people who I dont know, opinions on topics they may not know about, what I should do in my life.

Example. My Mother-in-law think she knows everything. She has an opinion about everything. If I were to ask her if I should read a book about Napoleon Hill or XYZ topic, she would say, "why read a book when you can watch the movie.. books are stupid".

So should I trust her opinion? So asking opinion can be, and most times are, a waste of time. It would be much better for you to read the book you want to read and get the info out yourself, instead of asking someone that either read it and didn't understand, or had a basis opinion on it for XYZ reason. You don't know how that person, or why, got their opinion or if it's even trustworthy.

I don't need the opinion of the authors. I absorb info and data and make my own decisions. I don't have to ask a group of random people if I should read a book, or jump into a certain business based on the opinion of the author. I read to find the data and info, not take on the opinion. I don't read books to get their opinion.. almost anyone today can publish a book so why I would I blindly trust their opinion and go off it. I don't read for that reason.

I guess you need to relearn the AAA and take it for yourself? And yes, I am a badass. If you don't know, now you know.

About that, I disagree. Let's say MJ is my neighbour. I am very ambitious about successful people and knowing MJ is one of them, I won't hesitate to go to him and validate my thoughts. Let's assume my thought is "I can get rich by working 9-5 with a master's degree and I will be very happy with my life." Now, I want to hear MJ's thoughts on that, given that he lives the life I want to live: "Hey MJ, here's what I think, what do you think of that? I want to live like you". MJ: "You are f-ing wrong. You've been brainwashed. Happiness is about autonomy and a 9-5 job steals that from you, trading 5 days for two. And that getting rich while saving every penny? Nop, brainwashed again. Provide value to society with products/services while respecting CENTS. That's how you will achieve your goals of getting rich and being happy."

Had I not go to MJ's house to validate my thoughts, I would be f-ed for life believing in BS.

Thanks for your time, take care!

You wrongly compared me and you.

In your situation above you just posted, that is what I would be telling you to do.. to ASK MJ yourself and get the info yourself.. just like read the book yourself.

But what you would be asking the forum is, "is it worth the time to ask MJ if I can be rich with a 9-5 , because he is busy and lives miles away and I might not have time to even ask him" and asking permission to do the act.

Stop asking permission. Just do the act. It's what Ive been saying all along.

Get it? I think you are the misunderstood.

Last edited:
G

GuestR401x3

I'd highly recommend Think and Grow Rich. A lot of it is on shaping your mindset around money and success.

Since it is older it's not going to have the latest gurus trend, but it will have timeless wisdom which I think is a plus.

G

GuestR401x3

The more you read the smarter you'll be. Buy it, read it, if you don't have time cut time watching TV/browsing the internet and read it.

liams_bad_at_biz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 28, 2022
United Kingdom

This is me unfortunately. Can't decide things for myself and too scared to commit

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
whatever, you're the one asking if you should read a book, right? The one that doesn't have time for it since it's 1,000 pages and all.

How about you read the book yourself and see if it is a scam? How do you know the people you ask are trustworthy?

I mean these are random people on the internet, right?

How do you know the people you ask are rich and can spot the scam? What if they are just haters?

You don't know anything about the people that you asked or how they got their opinions, therefor you waiting on them to validate for you is a bit of a misunderstanding on your part.

As far as your Starbucks reference, there are a lot of people on this forum who bash on Dave Ramsey and will tell you not to listen to Dave Ramsey. There is a thread on this forum just about this and him. But this forum is full of people that aren't the audience Dave Ramsey wrote his message to so for sure lots of people on here will say his advice is garbage and not worth your time.

However, his advice is sound and legit.. for those that he wrote it for.. people who are broke and need to restructure their life. He didn't write his books for people who are already wealthy and have lots of money and are not living paycheck to paycheck. Therefor many people on this forum aren't his "types" and will be against his message, because they aren't living paycheck to paycheck. It's doesn't mean what he teaches is wrong though. Most people grow into and out of opinions as their lifestyle changes or fits another message.

Are you living paycheck to paycheck now? If so all the people telling you no to the Starbucks and to instead read the Millionaire Fastlane might be doing you wrong because you may need something else all together, like not buying Starbucks so you can get some money up ( Dave Ramsey ) and once you have some money, then jumping into a business ( Millionaire Fastlane ). Lifestyle switch at the right time. But because you asked permissions and trusted someone else, you got lead down the wrong path.

See how that works?

I don't ask people who I dont know, opinions on topics they may not know about, what I should do in my life.

Example. My Mother-in-law think she knows everything. She has an opinion about everything. If I were to ask her if I should read a book about Napoleon Hill or XYZ topic, she would say, "why read a book when you can watch the movie.. books are stupid".

So should I trust her opinion? So asking opinion can be, and most times are, a waste of time. It would be much better for you to read the book you want to read and get the info out yourself, instead of asking someone that either read it and didn't understand, or had a basis opinion on it for XYZ reason. You don't know how that person, or why, got their opinion or if it's even trustworthy.

I don't need the opinion of the authors. I absorb info and data and make my own decisions. I don't have to ask a group of random people if I should read a book, or jump into a certain business based on the opinion of the author. I read to find the data and info, not take on the opinion. I don't read books to get their opinion.. almost anyone today can publish a book so why I would I blindly trust their opinion and go off it. I don't read for that reason.

I guess you need to relearn the AAA and take it for yourself? And yes, I am a badass. If you don't know, now you know.

You wrongly compared me and you.

In your situation above you just posted, that is what I would be telling you to do.. to ASK MJ yourself and get the info yourself.. just like read the book yourself.

But what you would be asking the forum is, "is it worth the time to ask MJ if I can be rich with a 9-5 , because he is busy and lives miles away and I might not have time to even ask him" and asking permission to do the act.

Stop asking permission. Just do the act. It's what Ive been saying all along.

Get it? I think you are the misunderstood.
I see what you mean and get your point. The person I trust the most is myself. I may ask for opinions of others but I still make the decisions on my own. For example, if someone told me the same thing that your mother-in-law told you, I would go and watch the TV to see for myself if that's true.

I'm not vulnerable to the whims of society. For example, my "friends" tell me that I'm too delusional to believe that one day I'll have millions. But, do I believe them? No. It may be their opinion but I'm still the one who chooses whether to believe it or not.

If I'm not sure of something, I go and find out. I think that's what you mean by not thinking permission and take action. For example, if I asked you about whether I should train to failure in the gym for best results and you said yes. I may start to train to failure, but it still isn't yet my belief that I should train to failure for best results. I am just trying it out while doing intensive research on that topic in the meantime. Only when I see for myself that it is indeed true, based on my analysis, only then it will become my belief. I don't blindly live by the beliefs of others.

I believe that those are the points you wanted to make me understand and I got it, thanks :) .

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Qui a lu "Law Of Success" et "Think and Grow Rich" de Napoleon Hill ?
Que pensez-vous de ces livres ?
Est-ce que ça vaut le temps de les lire étant donné que j'ai déjà lu les 3 livres de MJ ?

Je suis très tenté de lire "Law Of Success". Je pense que c'est le livre qui a créé des gens comme Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs... Je me trompe peut-être.

@MJ DeMarco Je souhaite connaître votre opinion à ce sujet
I read it, it is one of the books I read before reading MJ's. it's good for acquiring a master mind especially, but I didn't like its enrichment philosophy too much. I also read for Robert kyosaki, and I didn't like his enrichment philosophy.

.the two books each carry very important lessons about money. So you can read them and decide for yourself if you will follow the same direction they followed or not. .we can give you the best, It's good to take advice and listen to the points of others, you should know that the best advice you can receive will always come from you. So you are your best adviser.
.well, anyway if you want to browse one of these books, leave me a private message and I will send them by WhatsApp. .

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
I read it, it is one of the books I read before reading MJ's. it's good for acquiring a master mind especially, but I didn't like its enrichment philosophy too much. I also read for Robert kyosaki, and I didn't like his enrichment philosophy.

.the two books each carry very important lessons about money. So you can read them and decide for yourself if you will follow the same direction they followed or not. .we can give you the best, It's good to take advice and listen to the points of others, you should know that the best advice you can receive will always come from you. So you are your best adviser.
.well, anyway if you want to browse one of these books, leave me a private message and I will send them by WhatsApp. .
Thanks for your opinion. I already have the books, thanks. I read Robert's book several years ago.

What are the best books you've read about "enrichment philosophy"?

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
What are the best books you've read about "enrichment philosophy"?
at the moment it's MJ Books, which are better. I don't read all (3), I have read TMF , and his other Books , I don't completly it.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The book you don't read won't help.

It is fascinating people ask for permission for stuff like this, isn't it?

Maybe the forum breeds it, maybe it's culture. I don't know but it's weird to me, too!

harerace

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Dec 18, 2013

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics