The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who has invented a product and brought it to market?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Leecha14

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

I'm interested in connecting with those who have invented a product and brought it to market, this is what I'm doing and would value your insight.

Thank you!
Lisa

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Rearden has licensed many inventions (not sure how many he's up to) that are on the market. Maybe he can chime in, if not, check out his posts.

Leecha14

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 29, 2019
Hi @Leecha14 I have licensed 5 of my own product and have coached 166 inventors to license their own products. Let me know how I can help. Dave
Thank you Dave. I'm having my product manufactured and will be selling on Amazon, have you done this or can offer advice in this area?

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
Yes...so what is your end goal? Are you looking to license your product or are you looking to venture?

bbar97

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 1, 2017
South Carolina
Hey @Rearden I'm planning on inventing and bringing a product to market. Could I ask you some questions? If so should I do it in this thread, PM you, or start a new thread?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Heck yea....lets start a new thread so we dont hijack @Leecha14 thread.
I doubt that my question is worthy of a new thread, so I will ask here.
I have invented a system that ensures safe egress for the blind in case of fire in a high rise building.

I have prepared my Provisional Patent Application, and have done a lot of research on potential licensees. Finding ones that don't want to continue doing what grandpa did is the hard part, but that's another story.

In seeking answers to a basic question such as how to actually pay the USPTO when lodging my application from Australia I tire of finding lectures on how to prepare an application, how to ensure it covers everything necessary to subsequently gain a Non Provisional Patent etc.

What I don't find is a simple answer to my simple question.

The instructions on the USPTO site regarding lodgement are not a problem until I get to the point of paying. Would you kindly explain.

Walter

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
I know exactly what you are saying...the USPTO website submission process is difficult to pay and sometimes difficult to upload the PDF docs to. So I always use a CC to pay and they have actually great customer service line so you can call them if your payment is not going through.
800-786-9199
Let me know if that helps.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I know exactly what you are saying...the USPTO website submission process is difficult to pay and sometimes difficult to upload the PDF docs to. So I always use a CC to pay and they have actually great customer service line so you can call them if your payment is not going through.
800-786-9199
Let me know if that helps.
Thanks for that. I have the PDF docs ready to upload, and not being able to call 800 numbers from Australia I am pleased to say that I have found a customer service number that is not a freecall, so I can use that.

I understand that payment must be made on the same day as lodgement of all the documents, so I will have to keep an eye on my World Clock. When it is 11pm Eastern Time Tuesday in the US it is 1pm Eastern Time Wednesday in Australia.

The international time zones have been a plague on my life with both of my former businesses. The worst was the franchising network I built, and it took a lot of patient educating to get my Master Franchisees in 4 countries to check the Eastern Australian time before calling me.

Negotiating a license deal might require some loss of sleep.

Walter

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hi @Leecha14 I have licensed 5 of my own product and have coached 166 inventors to license their own products. Let me know how I can help. Dave
Only 166 inventors? I don't think you have enough experience to comment here. ;-)

(Geesh, that's a lot)

I love how much experience people have on this forum. Its pretty amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.