The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who else is inspired by the Olympics?

Anything related to matters of the mind

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
It's Olympics season - every 2 years we are treated to the best athletes in the world laying their hearts, souls and bodies on the line, all in order to achieve the title of "Olympic Champion" and reach the Pantheon of sport.

I don't know about you guys, but one of the only things that gets me a little emotional is watching Olympic medal ceremonies. During that culminating moment, a lifetime of tireless work, sacrifice, pain, blood, effort is embodied in one moment where the world collectively hangs a medal around their neck and says "you are, without question, the best in the world at what you do." To me, there is nothing like it, and nothing more inspiring (perhaps with exception of the recent INSIDERS call we had :) ).

Anyone else feel the same way? Any Olympic stories to share? (for instance, a 2-time Olympian is a frequent guest at my neighborhood bar - every time I see him/talk to him I'm awestruck that I'm talking to someone that was the best in world at what he did - twice).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
My dad is good friends with Gary Hall, Jr, and they work together with different diabetes-related projects. Definitely inspiring to speak with him and hear about his battles with type 1- throwing up in between races, dealing with his insulin levels while trying to eat properly before a meet, etc. And just pretty freaking awesome to chat with someone who has 10 medals!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.