- Joined
- Jun 30, 2018
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$140
$140
User Power: 120%
Hi, I'm at a pretty big crossroad in my life.
First some background:
I'm almost 23 years old, I have around 8k usd in my bank and I have plenty of software development experience.
I finally finished the long mandatory millitary service we have here in Israel and am now a free citizen considering my next move.
My options are:
1. Go work full time as a software developer for around 65k usd a year after taxes (Israeli taxes are painful), with potential for more if I work my a$$ off.
2. Start my own business.
I thought about going with 1 for a year or two to save up some money to fuel a business, but the mere thought of being a keyboard slave for more than a year makes me feel ill.
Going with 2 won't be too bad as my country has a very big startup community with pretty generous funders that I can reach using my networks, but I'd be pretty short on personal cash.
Is there anything I'm not considering that could make this decision easier?
What would you guys do?
First some background:
I'm almost 23 years old, I have around 8k usd in my bank and I have plenty of software development experience.
I finally finished the long mandatory millitary service we have here in Israel and am now a free citizen considering my next move.
My options are:
1. Go work full time as a software developer for around 65k usd a year after taxes (Israeli taxes are painful), with potential for more if I work my a$$ off.
2. Start my own business.
I thought about going with 1 for a year or two to save up some money to fuel a business, but the mere thought of being a keyboard slave for more than a year makes me feel ill.
Going with 2 won't be too bad as my country has a very big startup community with pretty generous funders that I can reach using my networks, but I'd be pretty short on personal cash.
Is there anything I'm not considering that could make this decision easier?
What would you guys do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
