The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which industry are you going to earn your millions from?

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Right now I'm leveraging my time and small savings into a few e-businesses as well as small real estate ventures (mobile home investments/real estate wholesaling, etc.) But I don't plan to make millions this way.

It took me about two years to truly put a name on the industry I wanted to enter, but I finally figured out that it's the hospitality industry that's for me. I read Conrad Hilton's biography and realized how interesting the hotel industry is. Then after my sister got a job as a bartender, I met the owner (who is a young entrepreneur) and learned about the business aspects of pubs/bars. Most recently I went to a nightclub (which isn't normally my style) for a fundraiser and I was amazed how packed it was and how lucrative the alcohol sales were. All through this learning phase I kept apartment investing in the back of my mind as well.

But it wasn't until I read about Sam Nazarian that I believed I could do all of these things. Nazarian's company (SBE) acquires and develops hotels, clubs and apartment buildings.

The hospitality industry is interesting to me because the "product" is to provide an enjoyable time. I don't think there are many business models like it.

This type of business is definitely difficult to enter, that's why I plan to start small (pubs before nightclubs, small hotels then large, etc.) but through bootstrapping, savings and creative financing I think I can do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ndhand

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 13, 2009
Entertainment and hopefully eventually commercial investing as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.