The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where will OPPORTUNITIES be if universal income exists?

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello All!

Was watching a very interesting interview with Glen Beck today, and he was talking about the future of the economy - some very interesting points about how many industries will be affected over the next 30 years (especially trucking, which I had no clue employs so many people). Another interesting subject was the possibility of a universal basic income. I know this is a complex question - but I am curious

1) What thought you have all put into your industries and how you expect them to be affected by automation.

2) If something like a universal basic income did become a reality and less people were working, where do you believe the biggest opportunities will be for entrepreneurs?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My answers:

1) I own networking software that better connects workplaces - because my niche is in retail tire businesses I expect that most will be out of business in 10+ years as less people own vehicles and ride share. Also expect that more people will purchase these online in the future.

I also wonder if opportunities in B2B will shrink OR if "workplaces" will be a thing in 25 years and whether our intranet software will be needed. Interesting question.

2) If a universal income did exist - I assume most of the opportunities will be in B2C as people will still want to buy things.

Walterbl

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2018
My guess is creative endeavors will be more popular. Some people won't have to work to sustain themsleves so they will have a lot more time in their hands to read fiction, play games, watch series, etc. So maybe there will be more work for writers, game designers, etc.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Offer an agency that gives people pretend work so that they still have a boss to complain about on social media.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
(especially trucking, which I had no clue employs so many people)

yeah, i read somewhere that there are millions of truckers in USA alone.

As to your question - i think that business will still exists because those people who will get universal income will have to spend it somewhere.
And since those people will have a lot more time on their hands, then maybe business that offers free activity plus "upsell" with own goods for profit might be a concept to explore.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My guess is creative endeavors will be more popular. Some people won't have to work to sustain themsleves so they will have a lot more time in their hands to read fiction, play games, watch series, etc. So maybe there will be more work for writers, game designers, etc.
Interesting feedback so far. I agree on this.

Interestingly enough in AB we had a huge recession where all the oilfield workers were laid off and guess which industry actually saw an increase when people were on layoff benefits:

Gambling and strippers lol. Goes to show people will always invest in entertainment.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.