• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Where will OPPORTUNITIES be if universal income exists?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by TreyAllDay, Sep 23, 2018.

1. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,532
    Hello All!

Was watching a very interesting interview with Glen Beck today, and he was talking about the future of the economy - some very interesting points about how many industries will be affected over the next 30 years (especially trucking, which I had no clue employs so many people). Another interesting subject was the possibility of a universal basic income. I know this is a complex question - but I am curious

1) What thought you have all put into your industries and how you expect them to be affected by automation.

2) If something like a universal basic income did become a reality and less people were working, where do you believe the biggest opportunities will be for entrepreneurs?

2. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,532
    My answers:

1) I own networking software that better connects workplaces - because my niche is in retail tire businesses I expect that most will be out of business in 10+ years as less people own vehicles and ride share. Also expect that more people will purchase these online in the future.

I also wonder if opportunities in B2B will shrink OR if "workplaces" will be a thing in 25 years and whether our intranet software will be needed. Interesting question.

2) If a universal income did exist - I assume most of the opportunities will be in B2C as people will still want to buy things.

3. Walterbl

Walterbl New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $82
    My guess is creative endeavors will be more popular. Some people won't have to work to sustain themsleves so they will have a lot more time in their hands to read fiction, play games, watch series, etc. So maybe there will be more work for writers, game designers, etc.

4. Process

Process Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,354
    Offer an agency that gives people pretend work so that they still have a boss to complain about on social media.

5. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,505
    yeah, i read somewhere that there are millions of truckers in USA alone.

As to your question - i think that business will still exists because those people who will get universal income will have to spend it somewhere.
    And since those people will have a lot more time on their hands, then maybe business that offers free activity plus "upsell" with own goods for profit might be a concept to explore.

Kingmaker and TreyAllDay like this.
  6. TreyAllDay

Rep Bank:
    $6,532
    Interesting feedback so far. I agree on this.

Interestingly enough in AB we had a huge recession where all the oilfield workers were laid off and guess which industry actually saw an increase when people were on layoff benefits:

Gambling and strippers lol. Goes to show people will always invest in entertainment.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

LittleWolfie and Kingmaker like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.