The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to start?

humphrey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 15, 2009
Canada
It may just be today...sometimes we have good days, sometimes we don't. Today I am feeling overwhelmed.

A few years ago I made the concience decision to not end up in a JOB for life. I decided the solution to this would be an education in commerce. So I set down that road. I've been attending classes and following mindlessley, hoping that in the end, with my degree in hand, the ritches will come pouring in.

Something changed in my thinking 6 months ago and I realized that although a formal education is important, it is not necessarily a recipe for success. There is a great deal to learn that is not taught in schools.

In the past 6 months I've dedicated the majority of time to reading books, searching the internet, and even starting a small business of my own, which has realized some success. I have huge aspirations of moving into the fastlane and I understand the motions on how to get there. I just don't know what my vehicle will be.

I know that I have the drive and passion to succeed in making it into the fastlane, but right now I just feel overwhelmed. There is too much information out there. Too much to know about too many different subjects. At the moment I find I know a little about a lot. I'm having difficulties deciding on where my interests truly lie. I am interested in all facets of business.

So, where is someone to begin?

Do I dive into something and hope to float, or do I carefully wade in and test the waters gingerly?

How did you choose your vehicle?

Where did you start?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
It may just be today...sometimes we have good days, sometimes we don't. Today I am feeling overwhelmed.

A few years ago I made the concience decision to not end up in a JOB for life. I decided the solution to this would be an education in commerce. So I set down that road. I've been attending classes and following mindlessley, hoping that in the end, with my degree in hand, the ritches will come pouring in.

Something changed in my thinking 6 months ago and I realized that although a formal education is important, it is not necessarily a recipe for success. There is a great deal to learn that is not taught in schools.

In the past 6 months I've dedicated the majority of time to reading books, searching the internet, and even starting a small business of my own, which has realized some success. I have huge aspirations of moving into the fastlane and I understand the motions on how to get there. I just don't know what my vehicle will be.

I know that I have the drive and passion to succeed in making it into the fastlane, but right now I just feel overwhelmed. There is too much information out there. Too much to know about too many different subjects. At the moment I find I know a little about a lot. I'm having difficulties deciding on where my interests truly lie. I am interested in all facets of business.

So, where is someone to begin?

Do I dive into something and hope to float, or do I carefully wade in and test the waters gingerly?

How did you choose your vehicle?

Where did you start?

Do what I usually do: do a lot, but test it all in a very small scale setting. If you don't like it on a small scale, you will absolutly not like it on a big scale. This way you will quickly wade through it all and not go bankrupt (or waste time).

If you can succeed on a small scale, then you will succeed big time on a larger scale. It is just a matter of leverage from there on. Smart leverage.

humphrey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 15, 2009
Canada
If you can succeed on a small scale, then you will succeed big time on a larger scale. It is just a matter of leverage from there on. Smart leverage.

Thanks!

I think the reason I am having difficulties deciding on what to do is because I don't know why I want to succeed. I know generally why, but I've been spending time today getting deeper into my true goals and beliefs. I think this will help.

Jul 6, 2009
Thanks!

I think the reason I am having difficulties deciding on what to do is because I don't know why I want to succeed. I know generally why, but I've been spending time today getting deeper into my true goals and beliefs. I think this will help.

If you want to decide why you want to succeed here is a powerful tool.

1. Write down on a piece of paper why you want to succeed. Right on the top of the paper WHY DO I WANT TO SUCCEED? After you have done this, number all the reasons from 1 -?. List as many reasons as humanly possible. The more reasons you have the more motivated you will become on a daily basis. Keep this list posted where you can see it each day. This little advice will create positive momentum which will create endless motivation. Don't be afraid to add things later on as time passes. Keep your attitude focused on how to be positive as you make daily progressions to success. Focus your mind on the end result instead of possible failure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

katalyzt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 8, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm feeling a little lost/overwhelmed today myself humphry. I have the mindset (or at least believe I do) I have a great skill set (I'm a software developer at the JOB) I just can't decide my vehicle. I'm pretty sure it's going to be e-biz of sorts since I have a strong background in web technology, but actually deciding and picking one thing that I don't feel has been done a thousand times before is proving to be quit difficult.

But I do know that I'm going to have to perform action to start this thing so I'm just going to just keep doing what I can. For instance I've done a lot of reading and getting motivated today and feel that doing much more of that isn't really going to accomplish much other then giving me warm and fuzzy feelings about my future. I have been taking some notes about what makes a good e-biz and I know that today I want to be productive. That's all I've got about my new business but once I'm done with this post I'm going to perform my next action which is get up and take my notes into my room over there and start labeling all my interests. I'm hoping once I label all my interests and have some notes on e-biz (plus my existing knowledge) my next action will become clear. Probably something along the lines of narrowing down all those interests and picking some that would work well with e-biz.

Anyway my point is humphry is that while you may not know exactly what vehicle you want to take but there are probably some smaller intermediate steps you could take to help figure that out. Just always try to be moving forward, no matter how small. Hope some of this rambling helps, I'm off to list some interests.

KLPInvestments

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 22, 2008
Some good stuff here ......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc]YouTube - Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address[/ame]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.