The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to invest my money?

HarleyB

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX
My dad is in the oil business and gives me some of his profits generating my income to over $15k a month. I am wanting to invest $50-$300k of my money into something online in December/ late January but don't know exactly what. I have done some researching and found that you can make decent money off of Twitter and other social media sites. I also would like to get into the app business after hearing what app developers make. I heard of WCM777 a few days ago which has me interested but also has me worried with how risky it seems. I am wanting your guys opinion on what I should invest into if you guys have any experience. I have a lot of free time on my hands so anything that takes a lot of work isn't an issue. Thank you for reading this and replying with any tips/ info.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky
Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser2

take the money, put it aside, and either

1. start a biz
2. learn to invest like a real investor, pick a discipline, (forex, options, stocks, real estate, beanie babies) take some specific classes, and then focus all your energy there.

asking this rabble what to do with you money, is a sure fire way to attract the wrong people.

shhhhh

go pick

go learn.

let us know how you did with a progress thread...

Z

rkmalo1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 14, 2012
Chicago
Your dad owns a business?! I say ask him to mentor you and buy (or start) a business:

http://www.bizbuysell.com/

Stocks, Forex, real estate is ok for some of your cash, but you're 18, take a calculated risk and learn business and create value in world with the majority of your cash ( that business could be in real estate, forex, etc).

I don't know what WCM777 is but by the simple Google search I did below below, I'd say stay far away.

wcm.jpg

I'm also interested in your progress.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
Zen dolphin gave you advice! Listen to him, this guy knows a few things =)

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
First and foremost, I'd protect and accelerate the revenue stream you already have. Treat your oil revenue as your business and invest in your business.

Oil income is the perfect stream to work hand-in-hand with the paper oil market. Learn about and invest in structured derivative products (oil futures and options on futures) that would allow you to hedge, protect, insure, and accelerate your existing oil revenue. Don't just vanilla hedge like everyone else does, learn about risk:reward ratios of different types of oil option spreads and how they work with your existing oil assets and revenue, then structure positions to maximize what you already have.

Next, I'd add additional oil revenue streams. Your dad has apparently done well in the oil business, if he is willing to sign over royalties to you, I can only assume he is also willing to hand over his rolodex. I don't know any seasoned oil investors that are leaving the oil business for something better. By this point in time, you will be in rinse and repeat mode.

You have a nice income stream for your age; don't just let it passively die on the vine. If you water it properly, you can grow a lifetime of wealth with what is already in your grasp. I'm not telling you not to invest in social media, application development, or anything else you mention above, but I think you need to give proper attention and maximize what you already have at the same time.

HarleyB

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX

1. start a biz
2. learn to invest like a real investor, pick a discipline, (forex, options, stocks, real estate, beanie babies) take some specific classes, and then focus all your energy there.

asking this rabble what to do with you money, is a sure fire way to attract the wrong people.

shhhhh

go pick

go learn.

Z

Thanks for the reply Z. I will start doing some research on forex, options, stocks and real estate. As of right now I can't take specific classes because I'm still currently in High school. I will look into buying a franchise of some sort as well. I will post an update on whatever I decide to pull through with.

HarleyB

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX
Your dad owns a business?! I say ask him to mentor you and buy (or start) a business:

http://www.bizbuysell.com/

Stocks, Forex, real estate is ok for some of your cash, but you're 18, take a calculated risk and learn business and create value in world with the majority of your cash ( that business could be in real estate, forex, etc).

I don't know what WCM777 is but by the simple Google search I did below below, I'd say stay far away.

I will stay away from WCM777. Do you have any experience in stocks/ forex? If so could you pm me anything useful to know or just reply. I'm thinking later when I get more cashflow I will join real estate. Anyways thanks for the reply. Going to do my research on stocks and forex now.

Speedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2012
Houston

1. start a biz

shhhhh

go pick

go learn.

Z

$15000/month is quite alot money to spend on books you can read to invest. I know one, it calls "The Millionaire Fastlane ". You have fund to try out. Start a biz with $10000. Or buy stock with $10000. You know what they said: You can't go big when you cant start small. Stay quiet, read books and many post on this forum. Attend meet up from the people of the forum. Attend some of the Startup event like Startup weekend. Learn a thing or two. Start small, the go big when come the right time.

D

DeletedUser9

Maybe you should trade commodities since your already in the oil business and have access to a large amount of capital.

If you leveraged $50,000 to $500,000 and locked in profits of 2-4% 3-4 times per week you could be making $10,000-$20,000 per week.

Or $100,000 - $200,000 if you leveraged your investment up to $5,000,000.

Obviously this is easier said than done :)

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
ChaseLA,

Unless he's a pro at trading, that sounds like a way to lose a lot of money quickly! No offense man...

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Are you saying it's pointless to invest in Bitcoins?

Personally I've had a very good return on Bitcoin (300% in one month) and it is looking very positive with no immediate sign of dropping.

However, only invest what you are prepared to lose, nothing is sure.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Personally I've had a very good return on Bitcoin (300% in one month) and it is looking very positive with no immediate sign of dropping.

However, only invest what you are prepared to lose, nothing is sure.

I'm glad that you've made some money with bitcoins, and I'm sure that there is still some money to be made. The thing that worries me about them is that "everyone" (the fabled group of people) is starting to get interested in them, and that's usually when to bail. The time may not have come just yet, but I think it's coming soon.

To the OP, be careful on here... when you post something like that, you never know what kind of messages you'll get with "investment opportunities".

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I am willing to buy 2-5 of these miners. https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-2 Do you think I should? They are "worth" more than $200 so i might try to start mining.

My advice is, don't waste your money mining Bitcoin.

Any miner that is not running at at least 600 GH/s is now pretty much useless. You'd need to spend a few thousand to get some decent equipment capable of turning a profit and with the new chipsets coming out december/january (running at 2 TH/s everything else will become obsolete).

This is because as more people invest in mining equipment the mining difficulty adjusts to compensate.

Instead of mining your best bet is to buy one bitcoin using an exchange such as Bitstamp and store it using an offline paper wallet in a safe place.

THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE AND YOU RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY BY INVESTING IN BITCOIN (but you could also make quite allot :p)

Seriously, please don't do anything stupid and put too much money in that you'll regret later if they crash to nothing before you cash out.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
With 5 he'll be mining at 6,000 Gh/s. Won't have to upgrade hardware for awhile. I would buy them asap, difficulty is going to sky rocket in the next few months.

Originally Posted by HarleyB
I am willing to buy 2-5 of these miners. https://hashfast.com/shop/sierra-2 Do you think I should? They are "worth" more than $200 so i might try to start mining.
My advice is, don't waste your money mining Bitcoin.

Any miner that is not running at at least 600 GH/s is now pretty much useless. You'd need to spend a few thousand to get some decent equipment capable of turning a profit and with the new chipsets coming out december/january (running at 2 TH/s everything else will become obsolete).

This is because as more people invest in mining equipment the mining difficulty adjusts to compensate.

Instead of mining your best bet is to buy one bitcoin using an exchange such as Bitstamp and store it using an offline paper wallet in a safe place.

THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE AND YOU RISK LOSING YOUR MONEY BY INVESTING IN BITCOIN (but you could also make quite allot )

Seriously, please don't do anything stupid and put too much money in that you'll regret later if they crash to nothing before you cash out.

D

DeletedUser2

still currently in High school.

all the more reason to slow down.

the cool part, is you can take some online classes, and watch some youtube videos.

if its trading, thats different, if its real estate, PM me, I can point you in the right direction for some books to get you started.

Z

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Forex is a good start for you. :) I am a full time Account Executive but I still enjoy the perks of Forex trading as a good source of secondary income. And this is the new trend these days.

Speculative trading in the retail forex market continues to grow. As a result, there can be intermediaries (like banks or brokers) who engage in financial irregularities, scams, exorbitant charges, hidden fees, high-risk exposure offered through high-leverage levels, or other bad practices. Internet and mobile app-based trading allows smooth trading, but also have dangers such as unrecognized firms running sites that may close unexpectedly and abscond with investors’ money. As a result, regulations are necessary and set by competent authorities to ensure such practices are avoided. Regulations are aimed at protecting individual investors and ensuring fair operations to safeguard clients’ interests.

Investopedia Navigating The Labyrinthine US Regulations For Forex Brokers

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 27, 2016
Invest in Canadian Marijuana stocks. I bought Canopy Growth Corp at $2.58 and now its trading at $10.00!!!!! Get in now before legalization you are guaranteed to double your money!!!!

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
St. Louis or Detroit.... Spend $30 and get 10 houses, spend $140k and get an entire shopping mall... GM just released news they are investing $700 million in a old/new plant wasn't fully listening... Ton's of hipsters are moving to those cities they are like the new Portland or Austin...

Buy a few storage unit facilities they are cheap and basically like owning an apartment complex that are concrete with metal doors, requires 1 full time employee typically... People in America OVERCONSUME and just like they gym membership they signed up for 4 years ago but never ended up going they still are paying monthly without checking their bank statements to cancel it... Same with storage units... People have too much stuff and leave it in units for YEARS.... Easy passive income.

Invest/start something more aggressive with the rest. Solar panel farm, solar panel installation company, Security system and home automation business, cell phone repair franchise, and let me teach you live via teamviewer how to trade stock's properly :)

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Create a construction company that is specifically in the niche of building marijuana grow operations. Hire electricians, master growers, a plumber, etc.

Start a business selling LED lights.... Shoot for landing contracts with cities and municipalities to replace old street lamp bulbs with LED bulbs with use 1/14 the energy and last 20 years.... How many street lights are in your city?

You have MANY options....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.