The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to invest excess money?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ChocolateFactory

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 2, 2023
What do you do when your income exceeds what you need to pay your bills?

You can get 4-5% interest on USD, but as I don't live in the US, that's still risky for me due to the currency risk.

Most people would tell you to put your money into broad-market index funds, but I remember that MJ considered that "slow lane" because you don't have control over the market.
But I don't need the money in my own business(es). Besides, I'd be concentrating the risk in my person. I'd like to diversify it. I could invest in other people's businesses, but then I'd have to actively pick investments as well, which is risky, and which would take away time that I should be spending on my own businesses.

So what's your plan?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
What do you do when your income exceeds what you need to pay your bills?

You can get 4-5% interest on USD, but as I don't live in the US, that's still risky for me due to the currency risk.

Most people would tell you to put your money into broad-market index funds, but I remember that MJ considered that "slow lane" because you don't have control over the market.
But I don't need the money in my own business(es). Besides, I'd be concentrating the risk in my person. I'd like to diversify it. I could invest in other people's businesses, but then I'd have to actively pick investments as well, which is risky, and which would take away time that I should be spending on my own businesses.

So what's your plan?
This may go against the grain but you can always use money to help people. St. Jude's Children's Hospital or other charities and causes you care about.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
This may go against the grain but you can always use money to help people. St. Jude's Children's Hospital or other charities and causes you care about.
The feeling you get when you know you made a positive impact in someone else's life is unparalleled.

+1 for charity

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChocolateFactory

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 2, 2023
Ok, for clarification:

1. Excess money is money that I don't need to pay my bills. It's not money that I don't need, I'm far from retirement.

2. I run a successful business. I'm not 20 years old with no education. Obviously when you're 20, you should invest in your education.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.