The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where should I go from here?

Anything related to matters of the mind

JORDAN LUIS

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2015
Hello everyone,
My name is Jordan and I am a 17 year old in grade 11. Everyday I struggle to find motivation to complete day to day homework. I see no point in doing it and my grades are suffering because of it. I get home from being at school for around 6 hours and I'd love nothing more than to retreat to my room and lay on my laptop and play video games. I sit there for hours after school and I just drown out the thought of doing my homework. I go to sleep and I think how I got nothing done that night and that I'll have to catch up the following night but it never does get finished and I find my self lying to my parents to avoid the work and consistent questions from them. Is it depression? Do I need a fire under my a** to get me going? Your opinion would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
478%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Try making homework a game. Get 1 page done then play for 5 minutes. Another page done, another 5 minutes. Sometimes breaking large tasks down to simple pieces makes it easier.

I'll save you from the "look at the guy sweeping streets" story for now. But we expect you to come back here with some positive results.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I think you figured out your own problem - " lay on my laptop and play video games."

First of all, welcome to the forum. I'm assuming you want to be an entrepreneur or you want to escape the sidewalk.

Have you read @MJ DeMarco's book? If not, this whole forum is centered around this book. Go read the book so you understand the terminology being used around the forum. Next, read some of the gold threads on this forum (they're marked with a GOLD tag). They contain, well as the name suggests, a lot of GOLD info that certain "Gurus" would charge you for.

Lastly, stop being lazy and finish your homework. How are you going to keep up with the entrepreneur life if you can't do homework? Stop playing video games. What do you get out of video games besides instant pleasure? Instead, waste your time reading a book, gaining knowledge that will make a difference in your life.

All the resources are available to you, now it's your choice - Do you want to be FREE or do you want to be a SLAVE to society? We really can't help you in making that decision.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I was like you in high school... except my parents would ground me for a month if I got anything less than an 85% in any class. Every quarter they checked my report card...

That's how I got good grades. Good old fear of loss.

It's probably not depression. It might be, though, if you were failing your classes and not caring at all.

It doesn't really work that way in the entrepreneur world, though. You need some level of self motivation to get to the point where you're making money.

Go do your homework.

EDIT: Also, you sound like a troll.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
but it never does get finished

:) Yes, it doesn't get finished. You either finish it or it's not finished...

Take advantage of your brain's basic function - gain pleasure, avoid pain. As @Get Right mentioned, you can make the process pleasurable by rewarding yourself for finishing a small chunk of your homework.

Or you can punish yourself for not doing anything as @The-J mentioned. It's your job to figure out what works on you and utilize it.

The sooner you learn how to motivate yourself to do even the boring stuff, the better for you. The boring stuff that still needs to be done won't go away. It will just have different forms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.