The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do you keep your money in the current environment to at least maintain value?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
Where do you keep your savings\pension in the current environment to at least maintain value if inflation or madness comes?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
Where do you keep your savings\pension in the current environment to at least maintain value if inflation or madness comes?
I use Ally’s no penalty CDs for my “cash”...1.55% when I signed up and lower I assume these days.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Gold Mining Stocks, Precious Metals, Emerging Markets
Holding only enough USD to pay off things I will need within one month's time to minimize my exposure to excessive money printing.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Gold mining stocks might come under geopolitical pressure. I'm going for actual gold, some Bitcoin and mostly a certain equity fund with a hedging strategy that tries to neither gain nor lose value (using S&P 500 Futures) until we see more reasonable valuations. Not a huge fan of cash, but currently some of it is needed.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
For Young people Who do not have 300k in bank account doing nothing business expansion is still The best investment.

2003-2007 post Sars was a golden period.

2009-2019 pre Covid was more sluggish but 2009-2014 was relatively okay until China slowed down in 2015.

To me there is a clear pattern in when Business men made most money And when most business went bust, from my experience speaking to them.

I remain optimistic because we could be entering a higher speed of growth again.

But I think be very careful if your business Chain is very dependent on stable international trade of physical goods. National rivalries are unlikely to go away very quickly.

For old people with money, Asian yield play seem to be still a safer bet (who people who do not care abt cap appreciation) You still can find 4-5 Percent distribution yield mutual funds. Everytime where there is Global QE U.S. asset will shoot up In price first and yield will quickly diminish.

Precious metals could be good also. This is the sector that has been crying wolves for many Years. But the story about crying wolves is that wolves will eventually come one day .

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
For Young people Who do not have 300k in bank account doing nothing business expansion is still The best investment.

2003-2007 post Sars was a golden period.

2009-2019 pre Covid was more sluggish but 2009-2014 was relatively okay until China slowed down in 2015.

To me there is a clear pattern in when Business men made most money And when most business went bust, from my experience speaking to them.

I remain optimistic because we could be entering a higher speed of growth again.

But I think be very careful if your business Chain is very dependent on stable international trade of physical goods. National rivalries are unlikely to go away very quickly.

For old people with money, Asian yield play seem to be still a safer bet (who people who do not care abt cap appreciation) You still can find 4-5 Percent distribution yield mutual funds. Everytime where there is Global QE U.S. asset will shoot up In price first and yield will quickly diminish.

Precious metals could be good also. This is the sector that has been crying wolves for many Years. But the story about crying wolves is that wolves will eventually come one day .

This is exactly what I needed.

Fyi, I love trading or holding stocks/gold/bitcoin and making money from it.

But making 20% off 10k€ over a year is just not worth the time & energy. I had made %40 over 8k in 2016. Earned 3k€.

Is it worth that money to risk 50-60% of my net worth? No way. Let's make and sell stuff.

I can earn that much money from selling one website anyway.

I really need to set myself a boundary there, not to meddle with this shit until I can invest in 6-7 figures.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Buy german bonds. They have JUST a negative few points yield.

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
kleine2, the biggest part is in the cash, something in the stocks, and not so much on the card of payment system. And talking of which, I know that a lot of people put their money into payment system called STICPAY ( url: https://stіcpay.com ), which as I understood has e-wallets and can provide almost any payment a regular client wants. Did you here something about it?..

Last edited:

hyster

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Apr 30, 2019
I have my savings distributed like so:
- 10% crypto currencies
- 90% cash in savings accounts. (still building a financial cushion before doing any investments)

However in this environment I'm really worried about the cash. The economy of my country is undoubtedly less stable than the US, and the government is printing money like crazy (and has been already for some years already). Interest rates on my saving accounts have dropped from 1.5% to 0.01%. I'm not sure about buying some ETFs or stocks, because it looks like the stock market have restored too fast after the crash caused by corona. Maybe all this cash in form of bail outs pumped into the economy by the government was used to buy stocks, hence the unnaturally high prices?

Therefore, I don't know what to do with my savings :p

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
I have 20% in stocks and 80% in cash.

The reason for this split is because I saved up 6 months living expenses first and now I am funnelling money into investments. It will change over time - my strategy hasn't changed because of the current situation.

kleine2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Sep 15, 2013
I have my savings distributed like so:
- 10% crypto currencies
- 90% cash in savings accounts. (still building a financial cushion before doing any investments)

However in this environment I'm really worried about the cash. The economy of my country is undoubtedly less stable than the US, and the government is printing money like crazy (and has been already for some years already). Interest rates on my saving accounts have dropped from 1.5% to 0.01%. I'm not sure about buying some ETFs or stocks, because it looks like the stock market have restored too fast after the crash caused by corona. Maybe all this cash in form of bail outs pumped into the economy by the government was used to buy stocks, hence the unnaturally high prices?

Therefore, I don't know what to do with my savings :p
Thank you for sharing that. I am feeling the same way about the cash.

Martzee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 6, 2020
Denver, Colorado, United States
I save some cash in ultrashort bonds ETFs for example ICSH, BIL, SCHO, etc. It holds value and pays a 1.4% - 2% dividend, better than a savings account.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Dollars (We have 50% of inflation in pesos, and this year they print 100% of the monetary base) and business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.