The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I post. I am lost on Chapter 37?

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
Step 1 and 2. ??? Define the car, step 1. Ok, any Toyota 25,000 a year or less. Monthly cost of maintenance but I am not listing the purchase price in step 1 or 2?

3 cars maintenance cost is 2000 month.

Step 1, list the total purchase cost of the items. Okay.

In step 2, list the monthly cost for each (this maintenance cost, taxes and insurance). Okay.
$10,000. But the $10,000 is not buying the 3 cars, house, cabin, it is just paying taxes and maintenance on it. Okay.

Next, your monthly allowance and unknowns. Lifestyle cost is 10000. Adding onto it 4000 a month, which is Allowances. Gross plus Lifestyle Cost is 14000 a month. This is called Gross Living Cost in the book on p. 357.

What is throwing me is that this 14000 a month represents maintenance cost, not purchase cost. Taxes, utilities, maintenance, insurance, etc. I didn’t see monthly payments or pay all cash for the car or house. ( I paid $1900 all cash for a house in 1990 and lived in it for almost 20 years).

So the book says Gross Living Cost is $14,000 a month. Divide the Gross Living Cost by .60. This accounts for (income) taxes. This is Step 2. I still don’t know about the 7000 a month for 3 cars and a house. Should I assume the 7000 is paying the mortage or rent, and the rental or monthly payment of the car is in that 7000? Monthly cost for each? I guess it is?

Lifetsyle cost, gross living cost, net living cost. Three costs.

I am lost here.

Chapter 1 to 36 makes sense. The metaphors and the road is described nicely.
Chapter 37, I am lost in the numbers. Here, for me, the numbers go “off the road”.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
Maybe I’ll just skip ahead to 4 and not worry about 1 to 3 in ch 37.
Monthly cost, but not purchase price in step 2?
Monthly allowance
Then gross living cost.
Then net living cost?

Step 3. Money system target and business system target. This won’t make sense until step 2 makes sense.

It’s all based on net living cost.

99.9 pct of book from chapter 1 to 36 makes a lot of sense to me. This chapter is not mathematically clear to me. I’ll just figure 2 used cars and a house in Hawaii. But the formulas are beyond me.

I love just have to skip to 4 and build the money, maybe hire a virtual assistant to help me calculate the numbers later. Thanks.

Last edited:

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
Monthly cost, but not purchase price in step 2.
Monthly allowance
Then gross living cost.
Then net living cost?

Step 3. Money system target and business system target. This won’t make sense until step 2 makes sense?

99.9 pct of book from chapter 1 to 36 makes a lot of sense to me. This chapter confused about it. I’ll just figure 2 used cars and a house in Hawaii. But the formulas are beyond me.@

I love just have to skip to 4 and build the money, maybe hire a virtual assistant to help me calculate the numbers later. Thanks.

I am lost in the numbers. I will go with part 4 of this chapter. That is simple enough for me to understand.

From previous chapters, I know there is gross monthly profit and asset value when you sell.
I will add the things incrementally now. I have 2 cars now.

Have social security, so I just need to ramp profits up to 10k plus a month and asset sale of 2 to 5 million in 3 or 4 years. The formulas throw me. Don’t understand.

Last edited:

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
I am lost in the numbers. I will go with the CORE in part 4 of this chapter.
From previous chapters, I know there is gross monthly profit and asset value whe; you sell.
I will add the things incrementally. Got 2 ok cars now. On social security, so I just need to ramp profits up to 10k plus a month and asset sale of 2 to 5million in 3 or4 years. the formaulas throw me. Don’t understand.
As a writer, I would rewrite this and make it crystal clear.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
giphy-3.gif

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I think you are trying to figure it out

See This Thread and Check out the MS Excel doc file:

Last edited:

mve0991

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
There is a nice little ‘Edit’ button available below each of your posts and maybe you can immediately formulate your question a little bit more clearly.

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
As a writer, I would rewrite this and make it crystal clear.
I read step 4. TD Ameritrade starts ETFs for 0 minimum. But I don’t have my LLC of first business setup yet. Maybe I’ll do Chapter 37 backwards. Start the ETF first, then hire a virtual assistant to figure out steps 1 to 3.

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
Monthly cost, but not purchase price in step 2.
Monthly allowance
Then gross living cost.
Then net living cost?

Step 3. Money system target and business system target. This won’t make sense until step 2 makes sense?

99.9 pct of book from chapter 1 to 36 makes a lot of sense to me. This chapter confused about it. I’ll just figure 2 used cars and a house in Hawaii. But the formulas are beyond me.

Ok, I am trying to simplify this mathematical double barreled thing that I don’t understand.

I want a $25 000 Toyota every year. $1000 a month food. $800 a month spending money only.
No house, no mortage. $1200 a month rent. How does the math look for this?

4 money items only.

I spend 7 days reading 36 chapters and I was psyched reading it. Now, in chapter 37, I am thinking, wow, where does this math go? Still no business, I will create that. But if I don’t understand the 2 equations he’s talking about, then .... ?

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
Ok, I am trying to simplify this mathematical double barreled thing that I don’t understand.

I want a $25 000 Toyota every year. $1000 a month food. $800 a month spending money only.
No house, no mortage. $1200 a month rent. How does the math look for this?

4 money items only.

I spend 7 days reading 36 chapters and I was psyched reading it. Now, in chapter 37, I am thinking, wow, where does this math go? Still no business, I will create that. But if I don’t understand the 2 equations he’s talking about, then .... ?
If you can explain the math to me, it will make sense.

25000 a year for cars.
12000 a year for rent.
9600 a year spending.
12000 a year food.

60K / .6 = 100k or 8333 a month?

Have to wing it. I don’t understand the 2 barrel equation of Money System Target and Business system target. ???

alex1000

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2020
South Dakota
I think you are trying to figure it out

See This Thread and Check out the MS Excel doc file:
I will look at it. Still not making sense. My momentum with the book was first 36 chapters, fast and on the road, and then chapter 37. Off road now.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Ironically this chapter is about financial literacy... but the quote at the beginning of the chapter is what floored me. Those quotes were so intense.

The first goal is to assess your monthly needs.

1)Define the Lifestyle: What do you want? 2)Assess the Cost: How much do your dreams cost?
3)Set the Targets: Set the money system and business income targets.
4)Make It Real: Fund it and open it!
~

If you need 60k a year, then you’ll need to make 5k a month.

60 divided by 12 = 5

Does that help?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.