The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where can i find E-Commerce stores?

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
I need to try and reach out to as many E-Commerce stores as i can (No majorly large e-commerce stores) because i want to offer my help to them. I dont know where i can find these stores though. I just need to reach out to the owners and look over their store

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey BillJayDore.

The best way to find E-commerce stores is on Instagram. Go to instagram and perform a search using a hashtag related a brand.

Example: #skincarebrands.

Once you do, review the content and find products within pictures. Or product-related pictures. You can easily tell that the Instagram profile is an eCommerce store just by reviewing the profile picture and the description of the page.

I use to run an eCommerce Marketing Agency but decided to drop it off because I was contracting out the services or in other words a media buyer from 3rd party countries. I didn't really feel like I was providing a real service to customers. I, myself, have not spent a lot of money on Facebook Ads. I didn't want to come across as an imposter, so that's why I quit. One of my values is that I want to authentic and provide a real service to individuals.

But I found my clients through Instagram for eCommerce Marketing Stores primarily.

Most of them will be dropshipping stores if you are trying to provide a service to eCommerce Stores. You might want to locate Private Label eCommerce stores as they may have a higher profit margin.

Most dropshipping eCommerce stores have a ~30% Profit Margin. I think private labels may have a much higher profit margin.

it will be hard to give them a 2x ROI if they are a dropshipping store with profit margins of 30%. Again this is my own opinion. I could be wrong.

Basically, the business model I was doing was purely service arbitrage if you think about it. You would charge a customer a service fee of let's say $2,500 per month and lock them into a 3-month contract. Then would you give about let's say $500 dollars to a media buyer under an employment contract. And you would keep the rest of the money.

Basically, you would be a middleman between finding a customer and linking someone who can provide the service and take the profit in between.

But what you want to do is do the service yourself I would say and then eventually outsource it. I would say learn Facebook Ads first. Actually, become a Media Buyer yourself and get paid for offering them a service.

Continuing on to find eCommerce brands, you will find one that is related to the niche you are trying to service. In this case, for it was Skincare brands. You will want to find a brand between 10k followers and 500k followers. Large brands may or may not be running Facebook Ads, so don't let others tell you to not go after big brands. You have to investigate this stuff yourself.

The best idea I would say is to first get Case Studies. Do this

1. Offer Service For Free To One Brand Owner ----> Get Great Results ------> Receive Testiominal ------> Offer Service To Clients -----> Get Paid for Work.

Try to find a URL and see if they are using a Shopify Store if you found one. Go to the store and use a program called Snov.io to find the founder and their email address. Snov.io is a really good program to find brand owners' email addresses and first names. I love the company profile feature because it gives me an idea of how many employees work for that brand. What you will want to do next is find the brand owner on LinkedIn as a backup source so that you can pitch them an Audit of some sort. Provide them value first, make them realize that there are holes within their strategy, and give them advice on how to fill those holes. Then offer them a strategy session. By providing value first and identifying problems within their brand, the brand owner will have confidence that you actually care for their business and not just wanting a service fee. When performing an audit, use Vidyard instead of Loom because it has a feature to have two CTA buttons. One at the end of the video and one at the bottom of the page. Once they review the audit and are interested in a strategy session, the CTA buttons will go to your calendar to book an appointment. Less friction on your end and the customer to book strategy calls. I would try video audits first and then maybe do the demos calls if the audit videos are not working.

The best idea would be to see if they need help with either Facebook Ads or Email Marketing.

Here's where most agencies go wrong, they just pitch their Facebook Ads service without really knowing if the brand really needs it. Going back to TMF , you want to solve their problems. But first, you need to identify where they need help.

Try to see how you can help them, they may not need a Facebook Ads service, it could be that they need a better store design to increase the Conversion Rate of their existing traffic strategies. Or it could be that are not utilizing Email Marketing to promote future and existing products i.e. product launches or promotions during holidays.

I would definitely try to stay away from Dropshipping stores especially, I would try to stick with private label brands who are willing to invest in their business and want to take it to the next level these will be your best customer.

Here are the services I would offer to Ecommerce Brands, depending on their problems I think I could resolve:

1. Paid Advertising - See if they are running Ads on Facebook and Google. If they are not, then this could be an issue you can resolve for them. Show them what they are missing out on. Remember Ecommerce brands are about attracting a loyal following of people to their brands that solve a need.

2. Email Marketing - Try to see if they are running an email newsletter, if they are not. Then this is going to be gold. Because there are a lot of benefits of running one. Plus don't forget its free traffic and they don't have to pay for any kind of advertising.

3. Conversion Rate Optimize - If the store has a really bad design, offer them to modify or come up with a new design. The higher the CR, the more purchases they receive.

MOST OF ALL - Learn These Skills from various courses, YouTube Videos, listen to podcasts of influencers in the space that are doing well. But MOST OF ALL, ensure that the person you are learning from is actually doing the business and not just offering a course or videos. Basically imposters.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
You need to find stores who are marketing already but not doing a good job.

Google is your friend. Check if they are running google ads or check their Facebook transparency page to see if they are running fb ads.

All you have to do is google a niche in your country. Activewear Ireland, golf equipment United kingdom, lash extensions new York etc

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
Hey BillJayDore.

The best way to find E-commerce stores is on Instagram. Go to instagram and perform a search using a hashtag related a brand.

Example: #skincarebrands.

Once you do, review the content and find products within pictures. Or product-related pictures. You can easily tell that the Instagram profile is an eCommerce store just by reviewing the profile picture and the description of the page.

I use to run an eCommerce Marketing Agency but decided to drop it off because I was contracting out the services or in other words a media buyer from 3rd party countries. I didn't really feel like I was providing a real service to customers. I, myself, have not spent a lot of money on Facebook Ads. I didn't want to come across as an imposter, so that's why I quit. One of my values is that I want to authentic and provide a real service to individuals.

But I found my clients through Instagram for eCommerce Marketing Stores primarily.

Most of them will be dropshipping stores if you are trying to provide a service to eCommerce Stores. You might want to locate Private Label eCommerce stores as they may have a higher profit margin.

Most dropshipping eCommerce stores have a ~30% Profit Margin. I think private labels may have a much higher profit margin.

it will be hard to give them a 2x ROI if they are a dropshipping store with profit margins of 30%. Again this is my own opinion. I could be wrong.

Basically, the business model I was doing was purely service arbitrage if you think about it. You would charge a customer a service fee of let's say $2,500 per month and lock them into a 3-month contract. Then would you give about let's say $500 dollars to a media buyer under an employment contract. And you would keep the rest of the money.

Basically, you would be a middleman between finding a customer and linking someone who can provide the service and take the profit in between.

But what you want to do is do the service yourself I would say and then eventually outsource it. I would say learn Facebook Ads first. Actually, become a Media Buyer yourself and get paid for offering them a service.

Continuing on to find eCommerce brands, you will find one that is related to the niche you are trying to service. In this case, for it was Skincare brands. You will want to find a brand between 10k followers and 500k followers. Large brands may or may not be running Facebook Ads, so don't let others tell you to not go after big brands. You have to investigate this stuff yourself.

The best idea I would say is to first get Case Studies. Do this

1. Offer Service For Free To One Brand Owner ----> Get Great Results ------> Receive Testiominal ------> Offer Service To Clients -----> Get Paid for Work.

Try to find a URL and see if they are using a Shopify Store if you found one. Go to the store and use a program called Snov.io to find the founder and their email address. Snov.io is a really good program to find brand owners' email addresses and first names. I love the company profile feature because it gives me an idea of how many employees work for that brand. What you will want to do next is find the brand owner on LinkedIn as a backup source so that you can pitch them an Audit of some sort. Provide them value first, make them realize that there are holes within their strategy, and give them advice on how to fill those holes. Then offer them a strategy session. By providing value first and identifying problems within their brand, the brand owner will have confidence that you actually care for their business and not just wanting a service fee. When performing an audit, use Vidyard instead of Loom because it has a feature to have two CTA buttons. One at the end of the video and one at the bottom of the page. Once they review the audit and are interested in a strategy session, the CTA buttons will go to your calendar to book an appointment. Less friction on your end and the customer to book strategy calls. I would try video audits first and then maybe do the demos calls if the audit videos are not working.

The best idea would be to see if they need help with either Facebook Ads or Email Marketing.

Here's where most agencies go wrong, they just pitch their Facebook Ads service without really knowing if the brand really needs it. Going back to TMF , you want to solve their problems. But first, you need to identify where they need help.

Try to see how you can help them, they may not need a Facebook Ads service, it could be that they need a better store design to increase the Conversion Rate of their existing traffic strategies. Or it could be that are not utilizing Email Marketing to promote future and existing products i.e. product launches or promotions during holidays.

I would definitely try to stay away from Dropshipping stores especially, I would try to stick with private label brands who are willing to invest in their business and want to take it to the next level these will be your best customer.

Here are the services I would offer to Ecommerce Brands, depending on their problems I think I could resolve:

1. Paid Advertising - See if they are running Ads on Facebook and Google. If they are not, then this could be an issue you can resolve for them. Show them what they are missing out on. Remember Ecommerce brands are about attracting a loyal following of people to their brands that solve a need.

2. Email Marketing - Try to see if they are running an email newsletter, if they are not. Then this is going to be gold. Because there are a lot of benefits of running one. Plus don't forget its free traffic and they don't have to pay for any kind of advertising.

3. Conversion Rate Optimize - If the store has a really bad design, offer them to modify or come up with a new design. The higher the CR, the more purchases they receive.

MOST OF ALL - Learn These Skills from various courses, YouTube Videos, listen to podcasts of influencers in the space that are doing well. But MOST OF ALL, ensure that the person you are learning from is actually doing the business and not just offering a course or videos. Basically imposters.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the detailed reply. A lot of value there. I am offering a email marketing service and i am going to pick the clothing brand niche because reoccurring customers are a very important part towards their success. i have 5-10 stores already picked out and i am going to email them all giving them info why it is so important to have someone who can individually run their email marketing.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks for the detailed reply. A lot of value there. I am offering a email marketing service and i am going to pick the clothing brand niche because reoccurring customers are a very important part towards their success. i have 5-10 stores already picked out and i am going to email them all giving them info why it is so important to have someone who can individually run their email marketing.
Your welcome man!

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
You can use a tool like TechTracker.io and Find Mass Leads to do stuff like this.

I use it to get leads, occasionally.

Best of luck.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 9, 2020
France
What would be your offer exactly + do you have proven results + past work ? As an eCom owner, that what matters the most to me

You can use this: https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/Shopify (right side, you can download a lead list) or just Google "Niche + eCommerce", I used to do this when I was doing my eCom ads agency, then you sort everything in a spreadsheet

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
What would be your offer exactly + do you have proven results + past work ? As an eCom owner, that what matters the most to me

You can use this: https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/Shopify (right side, you can download a lead list) or just Google "Niche + eCommerce", I used to do this when I was doing my eCom ads agency, then you sort everything in a spreadsheet
Great website, I am just starting out meaning i have no past work or experience, just hoping to land a first client for minimal money and start learning on the go. I understand how to market my service towards the owners so im hoping to go in full confidence and land a client

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
because i want to offer my help to them.

What need are you solving for them?

There's a lot of advice in books and online that say to reach out to businesses and ask them what they need solved, and build a business around that answer - but that's terrible advice.

Nobody with a business is going to sit there thinking about how someone without an idea can help them. It's utter nonsense.

It's one thing to sit in a barber's chair, watching your older barber struggle to hold the clippers with their aging dexterity, and asking them how they think the clippers could be designed better for someone at their age, followed by a 10 minutes chat about clippers that inspires your next business venture. It's quite another to walk into a barber shop and say "hey, I know nothing about being a barber, but I'd love to fix something, what problems do you have?". The first example is thoughtful and insightful. The second is just nonsense.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Email Marketing which i dont really know a lot about as of now, but i would just learn on the job, people have said this can work

Please be up front about your experience level to any businesses you approach.

I'd be downright livid if I hired an "email marketer" who was representing themselves as a professional, but then found out they had zero experience and was cutting their teeth by experimenting with my brand and customer base.

With email marketing you are literally playing around with the public reputations and brand value of the companies you represent.

I'd highly suggest you offer an extremely discounted (if not free) service for your first few customers (likely very early stage companies looking for any extra help to get their first customers) and make it clear that you are offering a discounted service for your first few customers so you can build up your email marketing reputation. This is an excellent way to get started - by being honest and willing to put in hard work at a discounted rate to build experience. It's win-win.

billyjaydore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jul 7, 2021
Please be up front about your experience level to any businesses you approach.

I'd be downright livid if I hired an "email marketer" who was representing themselves as a professional, but then found out they had zero experience and was cutting their teeth by experimenting with my brand and customer base.

With email marketing you are literally playing around with the public reputations and brand value of the companies you represent.

I'd highly suggest you offer an extremely discounted (if not free) service for your first few customers (likely very early stage companies looking for any extra help to get their first customers) and make it clear that you are offering a discounted service for your first few customers so you can build up your email marketing reputation. This is an excellent way to get started - by being honest and willing to put in hard work at a discounted rate to build experience. It's win-win.
Yes sorry that sounded bad, i will be offering my services for free for my first few projects

G

Guest-5ty5s4

What need are you solving for them?

There's a lot of advice in books and online that say to reach out to businesses and ask them what they need solved, and build a business around that answer - but that's terrible advice.

Nobody with a business is going to sit there thinking about how someone without an idea can help them. It's utter nonsense.

It's one thing to sit in a barber's chair, watching your older barber struggle to hold the clippers with their aging dexterity, and asking them how they think the clippers could be designed better for someone at their age, followed by a 10 minutes chat about clippers that inspires your next business venture. It's quite another to walk into a barber shop and say "hey, I know nothing about being a barber, but I'd love to fix something, what problems do you have?". The first example is thoughtful and insightful. The second is just nonsense.
This.

My exact answer would be "help make us money."

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland