The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whenever your oversees, do you get new business ideas while there

Idea threads

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
Whenever your oversees, do you get new business ideas while there?

While I was in Eastern Europe this year, I received couple of new business ideas.

Does the same happen to you when your overseas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Re: Whenever your oversees, do you get new business ideas while t

Whenever your oversees, do you get new business ideas while there?

While I was in Eastern Europe this year, I received couple of new business ideas.

Does the same happen to you when your overseas?

Yes. Back in November when I got back from an overseas trip I was very close to just picking up and moving there to implement a business idea I had for there from ideas from my trip. Even Kenric(biophase) was telling me to just do it, and I was really close, but ended up deciding I wanted to stay in the country.

PablitoCroft

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
May 15, 2008
Niagara Falls, Canada

Definitely a good idea. I came across a site called www.Springwise.com that tracks and reports new business ideas and has been very helpful in looking for new product lines for us to carry. It’s a big world out there and there are a lot of ideas that can be translated into the North American market.
Just make sure that you do you due diligence and determine that there is a viable market for that business here (what works in Germany or elsewhere may not work here).

Nick_N

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 19, 2008

Yeah im in lebanon and had so many new ideas!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007

When you are overseas:

You are away from the "daily" life stuff - - - so you mind is a little emptier. You have the space in there to create new things.

You are seeing new and unusual things. You are more alert to all the "stuff" around you.... thinking less and observing more. Again, I think that opens the "creative" side of your brain.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Not only overseas, but just out of your own normal living metro! I'm in Lake Tahoe at the moment and it is outside my normal territory .. just being here makes me see things differently including opportunities ... being in a different country has got to be many X more intense.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)

Yes! Especially when you have long spans of time on trains, planes and beaches to just "sits and thinks".

I also find myself inspired with different ideas of things that I don't see at home, from products to services. Also sometimes seeing the inefficiency of how something is running, or a gap in the market there and think, "Wow. The guy who fills THAT gap will make a fortune." I sometimes even indulge myself to think of how I could make it happen.

Then finally - as on my most recent trip abroad - I am inspired to work harder once home in order to afford more of the lifestyle I'm enjoying. Since (as I've mentioned on several occasions) I highly value comfort, I prefer travelling 1st class, staying in 4 & 5-star hotels, and dining in the best restaurants available. This style of travel doesn't come cheap. So I'm always inspired to work a little harder to ensure that I can maintain this style of travel.

So yes, taking out time to sharpen the axe definitly works for me. I almost always come home more productive than when I left.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.