The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When will you realise the one thing you can't get back is time?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I was inspired to write this thread by my "lovely" Mother-in-Law of all people. My MIL is a frivolous person when it comes to money and i've got no problem with that (well i have but that's another story).

Now when my MIL told me what she'd done the other day i nearly blew a gasket. The woman is nearly 60 years of age, now unless there's some kind of divine intervention she's 99% certain to have a lot less years left in her life then she's had but she obviously doesn't value the time very much that she's got left.

She pre-paid for her car to be in parked for 2 hours in the city centre so she could so some shopping (and when i say shopping this normally revolves returning stuff she's previously bought - it's a weird habit!). On returning to her car she noticed she still had 25 minutes left on her parking ticket she'd pre-paid for. She told me that to get her money's worth she waited in the car until the 25 minutes was up then drove home!. Yes, sat in the car wasting 25 minutes of her life just to 'feel' like she was getting her monies worth.

I can't honestly believe the amount of time people waste as if it's infinite. Well forgive me for getting to the point but it isn't. One day and some people's day will come sooner than others we're all going to be DEAD!. Every single one of us. Finished.

So my advice is to consider how you're spending your time. Are you spending it the way you want? Are you the type of person who's not but its spending your time taking steps to when you can? That's great. Well done. Or are you that person who would sit in a car just to get your money's worth from your ticket? I'd hope since you made it onto this forum you wouldn't do that, would you? When you're on your death bed will you really wish you watched more TV?

I recently realised i spend far too much time learning about things that have no relevance for my current business. I read and read and read. The time spent reading i could have been growing my business to get me where i want to be. Focus. Focus on reading and learning things that you can apply now. Don't waste tome on something you 'might' be able to apply later on.

Create systems. Systems are excellent for recurring tasks. If you're in business spend the time on the high value tasks. The tasks that are going to create 'time' for you. If that's bringing in more money or passing a task onto another member of staff then it's time well spent.

In this digital age there are far too many distractions going on around us. Take the 'time' to channeling your focus into the things that matter. And always, always remember. The hour glass is running out.

Your candle is burning, but it won't forever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007