The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When to start investing in stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
I was wondering when you should start investing in the stock market. How much money should you have left every month to invest in the stock market so that it really pays of?
What do you do with the money before you have that particular amount every month?

Let`s say for example, that you have 1000 bucks left every month . Is it a good idea to invest that money in ETFs or is it better to invest it in your business?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JoannaGl

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 21, 2018
Norway
I started a few years ago with one monthly wage (slowlane here), which was then 3500 USD. For me it was a perfect amount then to:
- feel comfortable so the emotions could not paralyze me
- learn a lot without big risks
- be able to take reasonable decisions
- earn quite ok when the stocks went up 40% before my first sale.

The invested amount was neither small, so I have not wasted the time and money for the fixed transaction costs. And the risk was real.

After my first experiences, more savings and higher salaries, the amount have been raised based on my feelings and risk acceptance. Now I trade self with 25K (about 20% of savings) because this is the level which I can accept "mentally" and feel comfortable with. But the rest of savings I have either in RE with my partner or company etc.

MJ writes in FM that you should buy and invest when you will be rich and I totally agree. But for me it is a basis to learn about investing before I get rich to be able to handle it later. That is why the stock market is not my main focus, just a kind of practical learning.

You cannot learn from books about your feelings before you start. That is the biggest challenge, I suppose, to control your emotional reactions, panic and stress.

But as you can see today the stock market is going down, which creates great possibilities! So I wish you reasonable decisions and good choices!

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
The things MJ wrote in TMF about the stock market is the reason I am asking. He said, that you should invest in it, but only, if you have the money. But he didn't mention a concrete number, if I remember correctly.

The point about practical learning, how the stock market works, is a good one.

But at the moment I could only do it slowlane and I don't know, if that is such a good idea. The example I mentioned, investing 1000 dollar every month, is not going to get one fast results on the stock market.
So I was thinking of taking the money out of the stock market and investing it into a business idea. But I am not quite sure, if that is a good idea or not, but I tend to think, that this is the right way to go at the moment.

Last edited:

FalconMD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 12, 2017
Sweden
The things MJ wrote in TMF about the stock market is the reason I am asking. He said, that you should invest in it, but only, if you have the money. But he didn't mention a concrete number, if I remember correctly.

The point about practical learning, how the stock market works, is a good one.

But at the moment I could only do it slowlane and I don't know, if that is such a good idea. The example I mentioned, investing 1000 dollar every month, is not going to get one fast results one the stock market.
So I was thinking of taking the money out of the stock market and investing it into a business ideas. But I am not quite sure, if that is a good idea or not, but I tend to think, that this is the right way to go at the moment.
Joanna has a great point about learning to invest while the downside is limited.

However, my take on this is that if the choise is between either money into starting your business or into stocks, the right call is always into starting your business.

When you dont need the money to start or expand, then you can use it for stocks etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.