I've been reading about formal/professional business appraisals, and considering getting my company's worth checked out. We have no immediate plans to sell, so I'm worried I might be jumping the gun in paying for a valuation now...but thought it may be good to have so that a) we'd know what our real starting value was, and could take steps now to increase that value, and b) we'd have a current number in mind, in case an offer came along. Realistically I think we are 5 to 10 years out from wanting to sell, and we are also currently developing two new service areas, so I know that a valuation completed now wouldn't be very accurate for very far into the future.
I'm wondering if anyone else here has had their business appraised (for non-immediate sale or legal reasons), and whether they thought it was worthwhile. Also curious if anyone has comments on what to expect to pay...
Thanks!
I'm wondering if anyone else here has had their business appraised (for non-immediate sale or legal reasons), and whether they thought it was worthwhile. Also curious if anyone has comments on what to expect to pay...
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
