The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When someone says, "I've read 30,000 books" they are lying.

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
I am probably a hair over 1k books since I started reading for passion and pleasure around 16 (18 years ago). I read a book on speed reading and how to use your peripheral vision to take in multiple words at a time. Which I find to be extremely effective when not reading technical writing. The idea being read every 3rd - 5th word and never backtrack. It takes a few books to really the hang of it but now I can blast through a novel I am really enjoying in a few short hours. Also, Audiobooks / Podcasts on 2-3x speed for car rides is my butter zone. If you're trying to get into reading but struggle to focus on it I recommend trying speed reading or Bionic Reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

MarcusRich

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 13, 2022
Indiana
So it would take approximately 1,800,000 minutes, or 30,000 hours, to read 30000 books at a speed of 1000 words per minute. This is equivalent to 1250.1 days or 3.42 years of reading. Now, those numbers sound insane, but consider the following. I have friends that have spent over 5 years of their life inside the world of Warcraft (the /played for their accounts). Of course some of that time would be spend in game but not active. With that said, if you consider that level of dedication to reading it is possible. I personally know people who read that much and have since college. So while I would find it be incredibly unlikely that someone telling you that is being honest, it is plausible to have accomplished that feet with an above average reading speed.

dominicmarcu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Mar 11, 2023
England
Why I need to read 30k books when an AI does have a dataset of 90k books and it can reply any question I have and it can give me any advice that I need, and I'll probably need in the future?
Books can give answers to questions you haven't thought of; expanding your knowledge into worlds you would've never thought of.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Some people pretend that ?

Damn that's dumb. And useless.

Is there actually people to believe that level of bullshit ?

Not cool.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
613%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Books can give answers to questions you haven't thought of; expanding your knowledge into worlds you would've never thought of.

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Great quote man! Look, I didn't say "I'm not reading books anymore" I said "I'm not gonna read thousands of books just to find any answer to any problem" and It was a funny way to say "AI is now a Form of Leverage"

There is Great Books, Good Books, Bad Books and Disgusting Books.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
If someone started reading books at age 16 and they currently were 45 years old, how many books would they need to read PER DAY in order to read 30,000 books total?
I read 600 and something short reads in one year, but that depends on the pages of the book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.