The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When somebody asks me to join their MLM

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
you-smart.gif

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
These guys that are involved in these MLM's are so caught up in their own ******** lies that they keep telling themselve. They are blinding them selves and are completely unaware of what they are doing and so stupid it sounds. It just appeals to their emotional state of Financial freedom etc. Honestly, if some of these guys spent as much time in their MLMS as compared into another REAL business SOME of them might find themselves successful.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Honestly, if some of these guys spent as much time in their MLMS as compared into another REAL business SOME of them might find themselves successful.

I have tremendous respect for anyone who can succeed in an MLM as a standard distributor drone... that means they would probably kill it in a real business. Throw in the ability to sell mercilessly without fear of ridicule and you have some great raw materials for business success. But instead of building a real business that they own and control, they're holding meetings at the Best Western.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
I have tremendous respect for anyone who can succeed in an MLM as a standard distributor drone... that means they would probably kill it in a real business. Throw in the ability to sell mercilessly without fear of ridicule and you have some great raw materials for business success. But instead of building a real business that they own and control, they're holding meetings at the Best Western.

This, I have a buddy who was super dedicated to Seacret (skin care MLM) and then he ended up leaving that and starting a construction company and he is absolutely destroying it making upper 6 figures because he understands sales and leadership.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Sir, happened to a friend I know.
She used to run a tuition centre, lots of kids coming in. Could transform it into a franchise if she wanted to. Unfortunately due to family problems she degraded into doing E-Excel and Mary Kay.

The joke is that Mary Kay is dead and my friend is still alive. And Mary Kay's earning the mega-bucks :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
i have a friend that has made more than 2000 people under him. he works with a german mlm selling aloe vera products for health and also cosmetics. he is fat.really fat. 160 kilos. but he is now 11 years in this business going for a gross profit of 500,000 euro per year. he is now in his third car as gift from the company. second mercedes.

i believe he could make wonders as solo enterpreuner also. he has the ability to sell everything!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
gross profit of 500,000 euro per year.
i believe he could make wonders as solo enterpreuner also.

We generally rip on MLM people but I have a tremendous respect for anyone succeeds in that model.

I believe if you can succeed at an MLM, you can succeed at anything. Namely, you can sell, network, and fight through some really tough obstacles-- and you don't quit. A fine mix.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
These guys that are involved in these MLM's are so caught up in their own ******** lies that they keep telling themselve. They are blinding them selves and are completely unaware of what they are doing and so stupid it sounds. It just appeals to their emotional state of Financial freedom etc. Honestly, if some of these guys spent as much time in their MLMS as compared into another REAL business SOME of them might find themselves successful.

Yep. It's insane how much they indoctrinate their participants. I had a friend who was doing it. Worked his a$$ off trying to recruit me because he genuinely believed that he was doing me a huge favor by getting me in, helping me achieve financial freedom. He had a list of people on his desk at home, friends and family he was working on constantly and they'd even have him make phone calls in front of them and coach him thru objections.

Was insane- smart guy who was literally brainwashed into thinking it was the greatest opportunity ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
We generally rip on MLM people but I have a tremendous respect for anyone succeeds in that model.

I believe if you can succeed at an MLM, you can succeed at anything. Namely, you can sell, network, and fight through some really tough obstacles-- and you don't quit. A fine mix.

I second that. I took @Sean Marshall's copy my business Udemy course, and took his advice on local networking. One thing I quickly discovered is that there are a metric shit ton of MLM'ers here in the PHX area.

I've met a couple that are absolutely killing it. They are impressive people. One used to own/run car dealerships, so he knows sales. The other is in on close to the bottom floor of one of the newer faster growing ones, and I see him hustling pretty hard.

These guys have my respect. The local Legal Shield rep? Not so much.

My wife got pitched on Primerica this weekend. She's starting her journey as well, and I didn't think to warn her of the MLM trap. Or maybe I just wanted her to suffer too :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.