The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whats the next big thing in digital marketing/ lead gen

Marketing, social media, advertising

Walka08

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 11, 2014
I sell insurance the main lead sources in my industry are:

PPC/organic search web leads
Direct mail
Facebook
Telemarketing
TV leads (call centers)
Referrals

It's a lead driven business with most agents/agencies/call centers purchasing leads from vendors in addition to their own marketing efforts.

Facebook was amazing for a while and was producing a really low-cost lead. It still works, just isn't as cost-efficient as it used to be and isn't the new big thing anymore.

What do you digital marketing gurus anticipate the next game-changer will be, what's gonna be the next Facebook?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walka08

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 11, 2014
AI is intriguing, defiantly more useful tech to come. In the car business, they have software now that knows the customer is ready for a new car before they do. It keeps track of estimated equity in the current car/ potential trade-in and stalks the customer on social media to keep track of life events like move, marriage, kids, etc. Alerts dealership staff to call the customer for the next car before they've even considered it and is a game-changer for business development centers that use it properly

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I see word of mouth / referrals becoming more important moving forward as a viable marketing angle.

How can you get more people to refer your business/service to their friends, etc? This source alone could generate significant customers if you can do it properly.

Walka08

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 11, 2014
Back in the day agents didn't have leads and digital marketing so you started by either calling everyone you know and trying to sell them and get referrals, cold call the phone book or knock doors.

In my introduction when I call leads I throw in "most of my business is repeat and referral so if you find me helpful please don't keep me a secret" and this has definitely helped, at the end I ask for referrals and let them know what my ideal client looks like.

Referrals are important and are typically the best leads but it's my opinion that they are like the icing on the cake. Once you've built a big enough book of business you can live off repeat/referral but I'm at least a few years away from that. If I can stay on the phone all day with fresh prospects I can sell multiple policies a day and the money is really good, the biggest hurdle is marketing/leads are expensive so I don't have fresh leads to call all day and spend a lot of time calling aged leads/data to stay busy. Every once in awhile someone figures out a new way to generate leads and there's a gold rush, wondering what the next one will be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.