The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's the best Way to do product validation on a concept phase product?

bbar97

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 1, 2017
South Carolina
So I'm a college student who is always thinking of ideas for products and services to build a business around, and there is one that i've been thinking more and more about because unlike some of the others I haven't found any big problems with it yet. I can't say exactly what it is because I don't have a patent but basically it is a way to easily keep potted plants warm in the winter.

My question is, what would be the best way to do product validation to find out if there would be significant customer demand for my product? I know asking friends and family is the cheapest and easiest way but I've heard that if you do that you'll just hear what you want to hear and nobody will say its a bad idea. (Probably heard that from shark tank) Are there any low to no cost ways to do this without revealing the specifications of my product to the people I'm gathering my data from?

Thanks guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Good question. It will depend a lot on your product. I don’t have very much entrepreneurial experience myself, but I will tell you that I validated the need for the website I’m building by going straight to the horse’s mouth; straight up asking “would you value this? Why? Why not? How could the idea be improved?” to people in my target market. I’m confident I’m designing for a problem that isn’t imaginary now (which is nice, because web design is proving to be a headache, and knowing the work I’m investing will be the means to a real end carries me through the suck).

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!