The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's something you do EVERY day for your motivation/mindset?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
I honestly though I would never find something that I would do absolutely every day to stay motivated and keep a healthy mindset. You often hear about someone doing something like that but I never had anything or caught onto anything that kept me interested, such as writing goals on a card < definitely not interested. But I'm sure it helps a lot of people, or reading a book multiple times, etc.

However, I find myself listening to this every single day (sometimes multiple times) and I personally already see a difference.

[video=youtube;1Y5g2Pe08uc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5g2Pe08uc&amp;list=FLLQGLbTYuNoo-my-3BVF2ag&amp;index=2&amp;feature=plpp_video[/video]

I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening to this, it's just oddly refreshing to hear every time.

What's some of the things you guys do or have done to keep your mind in the right place or motivated?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
I get up early in the morning for my job, which I dislike very much. It serves as motivation to get out of it ASAP. As soon as I get home I go straight to the desk and start working towards/planning my dream. While doing so, I keep the song Weightless by Marconi Union on repeat and go on until around 1 or 2 am. Get a few hours of sleep and repeat. Hopefully not for long.

Oh, and as of recently I'm having to be bothered with eating. You see, normally I would forget to eat because I'm so busy and "zoned-out", but the new girl I'm seeing has been doing an excellent job of reminding me to eat. More like making me...:shruggie:

Cory

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Visit my favourite forum. In other words, hang out with motivated individuals.

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It is hard ! In my case I have to do over 130 unique ebay listings a day, shop for the items, ship what sells ...7 days a week, 15-16 hour days, every single day of the year, the F*cking grind of this has made me positively numb in the last 4 years, but it keep the lights on. The only thing that motivate me to keep pushing at this is the fact that so many here have been successful. I believe I will be too. I just have to keep at it, action matters. Everyday when I get up and the last thing I want to do is look at another piece of used clothing or grind out 500 pictures of them, or edit 500 pictures of them and write listings for 130 of them and go to thrift stores in shitty neighborhoods and paw through other people's used clothes or ship one more flipping package, I remember this forum and how it is huge sacrifice and huge action that matter.

Sue

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
Sue,

How do you find the time to pursue your "fastlane" after all of this? Or are you creating a way of automating this business? Just wondering how you fight against "burnout".

All the best,

Cory

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
A lot of stretching followed by a chapter from TMF or Anything You Want. If I have a long commute ahead of me, an interview from Mixergy will get me pumped for the day. If I need even more inspiration, I go look at ModCloth, and if I need to get really pumped, I go look at a competitor's site (that always works). Lol.

I too have noticed that eating is an inconvenience when I'm really in the zone, which is great because combined with 10 hour school days, I'll lose about 10 pounds this semester and I don't have anything to lose as it is!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
These past couple of weeks I have had past Shark Tank episodes streaming from Hulu. Interesting. I take a little bit from most of the episodes, but I can let them stream in the background and only tune in if something peaks my interest. Since they are in season three, there's plenty of material for background static. You have to be a hard core business geek to be entertained by back issues of a TV show...

BeingChewsie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Sue,

How do you find the time to pursue your "fastlane" after all of this? Or are you creating a way of automating this business? Just wondering how you fight against "burnout".

All the best,

Cory

Hi Cory,

Now is when I find time. It is 9/10 PM to 12 AM/1AM and again 6 AM to 8AM while I cook breakfast, clean and get my kiddo's school stuff ready, I throw my smart phone in a pocket and listen to tutorials, podcasts or you tube videos in the AM. I'm able to devote more time on Saturdays because we got to a Farmer's Market, so the 40 minute drive there and back is all extra time when I do stuff.

Everything is on a schedule and system. I do get burned out, but not over our business, just over my ebay "job" (though it beats the hell out of when I worked as a staff RN). When I get really fried, I'll take an afternoon off and just mellow out. My hubby does a lot of work too, on top of his 2 jobs and handling much of our other business. We have a pool and a spa in our rental here in AZ (to keep us sane!), and we try to get into the spa every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for at least an hour. We consider it part of our war room.

I'm also in a doctorate program, but I have that down to such a science that I devote a few hours a week to it. One more year to go! ( this is a personal goal of mine, unrelated to our fastlane plans).

The good part is when we work this late at night, we have no problem having meetings with our developers/programmers in India. It literally works out perfectly timing wise for them. The designers/content people that we are using in the US, are on the East coast so our early mornings work well for them when we need to talk about stuff.

I plan to cut back in the fall, I'll have residency hours to do for my doctorate and we will have the second phase of our business launching in time for school this fall (barring any unforeseen issues!!).

I now lead a very organized, systems-oriented, control-focused life. What keeps me going is knowing that nobody tells me what to do and knowing that we are doing something really big (to us anyway!!) without using any credit cards, no loans, no VC funding...we are beholden to no one and in a few years my time will be my own. I don't care about fancy cars, big houses, fancy vacations...I just want my time to do as I please. I do not want to ever have a boss again, and I do not want my husband to have a boss either. I just chaff at being leashed at all.

I think avoiding burnout requires knowing there is something on the other side, that THIS (whatever this is) isn't permanent, and is leading to your desired outcome. So while my "day" job makes me "numb", knowing what is on the other side, keeps me full steam ahead!

Sue

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
Sue WOW respect to you ;) I was enthralled reading what you do!

lookingahead

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 21, 2010
I think about how I hate having zero free time cause of two jobs and school. How much I hate having to get up at 3 a.m. to go to work and work my but off for hardly any money. I also dream about all the stuff I want to do in my future.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
Sue,

I too, go to school and happen to work here at county hospital and what's happening is I'm getting so warn out that I'm struggling to get things done when I finally get here at the house. Perhaps we can talk more about your "systems" in place.

All the best,

Cory

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Organization while working full time is my weak point right now. When I am working on a project I am very organized and reading MJ's book and being on this forum is pushing me back in the direction of being organized and working on what I want out of life.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Each night, before I fall asleep, the last thing I do is think about 3 amazing/positive things that happened to me/my family that day. Three things for which I'm grateful.

I ride that positive energy as I fall asleep.

Try it. It works.

-Russ H.

spidey983

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne Australia
Each night, before I fall asleep, the last thing I do is think about 3 amazing/positive things that happened to me/my family that day. Three things for which I'm grateful.

I ride that positive energy as I fall asleep.

Try it. It works.

-Russ H.

I could not find 3 positive things to think about.

I feel that I am at that 'burnout' stage even though I only do 1-2 hours of real work every week day.

Don't know why.

Maybe I spent 2 hours doing real work but 22 hours worrying/thinking/strategizing.

Hokoleskwa

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
May 25, 2011
Denver
I work.

I know that sounds like a BS macho answer, but it's true. I used to spend time trying to motivate myself by visualizing my future, freedom from my job, freedom to have the life and things I desire. Going "window shopping" online for beach homes and cool cars. But at the end of the day it just amounted to daydreaming and left me feeling like I was still so far from those goals. But when I put in a solid day of work on my business, the feeling of I get from knowing I'm another step further along in my journey is euphoric.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I could not find 3 positive things to think about.

I feel that I am at that 'burnout' stage even though I only do 1-2 hours of real work every week day.

Don't know why.

Maybe I spent 2 hours doing real work but 22 hours worrying/thinking/strategizing.

You breathe.

You eat.

You can walk/see/smell (at least one of those things, perhaps more).

-Russ H.

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Every day my train goes past Canary Wharf and through the City of London. There is something majestic about Canary Wharf; its sky scrapers, ultra modern design, the river running by it. Every morning and every evening I find myself staring out through the window and use that to motivate myself - if I need motivating that is.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I think of my dreams, my goals. I listen to motivational things, I think of those who have made it, and how i'm just as capable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.