The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's on your Bucket List?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Originally Posted by Entourage
Make 1,2 million euro within 2 years (when I turn 20)
And how are you planning to do that?

Pretty much halfway

Originally Posted by Entourage
Buy a 1972 mercedes 7 series and pimp it
How much does this cost?

9,000 euro at most
You already have €600K? You need to go right now and buy that merc.... And please post pics, ok?

And I, and I am sure many others, want to hear more about your process to reach the €1.2 Million.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I went scuba diving Andiv. Go to Roatan Honduras, you will be amazed! I went to the barrier reef and with the sharks on the other side of the island. It was amazing. Getting certified only takes a few hours. Flight was only 2 and a half hours from Houston! I can't get enough of that place.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not really a "bucket list" kind of guy. I like living life rather organically.

I enjoy making decisions as the situation arises - planning ahead has never been my thing. Figuring things out as I go is exciting. I love getting lost, forgetting things, being routed to places I didn't expect to go and meeting people I didn't expect to meet.

I'll put together big plans for my work life but when it comes to what I want out of life itself I rarely if ever think more than a year out. I create checklists mostly from my past, not for my future.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
You already have €600K? You need to go right now and buy that merc.... And please post pics, ok?

And I, and I am sure many others, want to hear more about your process to reach the €1.2 Million.

Ofcourse not entirely liquid.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/in...-old-who-had-never-heard-fastlane-before.html

you can read my path there!

Last edited by a moderator:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Care to share?

I went to Maui, Hawaii for my honeymoon (took about a day to decide that was where we wanted to go once we decided we wanted to get out of the country). We had no idea what we wanted to do but "hell, it sounds fun". We had no plans when we got in the plane other than the place we were staying at. While there we figured it out as we went and:

- Drove 10,000 feet above sea level (drove THROUGH clouds) to watch the sunset from above cloud level.
- While there I noticed on a small, neglected plaque claiming this spot to be the 4th best viewing conditions of stars on earth. Saw the most glorious display of the milky way of my life. We were one of two people who stayed, the other dozen or so left immediately after sunset.
- Jet skied & para-sailed for the first time
- Went to some random Luau and had a blast
- Flew over an active volcano
- Walked up to waterfalls
- Other Hawaii "things" not worth mentioning that me and my wife will never forget

None of it was planned - we just woke up each day, went outside and figured it out. Our hunger would land us in whatever restaurant was closest and various signs would lead us to various activities.

Other things I've done relatively "spur of the moment" include:

- Hiking an hour into a national park to go winter camping with all the incorrect supplies and nearly froze to death (that one was fun, me and a buddy still do it every year, it's much warmer once you know what you are doing)
- Flew to Florida for a week and did the whole Disney thing. This was completely random - I think I just got an unexpected bonus check or something and said "let's leave town" and chose Disney when we realized we both had never been. We actually got F*ckED by the airline on the way back and ended up spending an amazing night at some random hotel in Washington laughing, drinking, and joking around.
- Drove to Myrtle Beach for a family trip with the in-laws in much the same way.
- Decided to go to New York City with some buddies and my wife on a long weekend with less than a week's notice. I think we were just hanging out, saw an ad for New York and we all kind of said "I'd love to go" and off we went a few days later. Ended up being the worst trip of my life but it taught me that I don't enjoy travelling with my friends AND wife at the same time.

I could go on and on. No individual point is all that interesting to an outside person (I imagine it reads much like seeing someone else's vacation slideshow) but the point is almost all of the happiest memories I have were usually the result of saying "let's just figure it out as we go".

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
One of mine is to have sex with every girl I have wanted to have sex with, within reason. I am not talking like famous movie stars, etc. Just friends who I probably wouldn't date, but might be fun to have a night with. Probably won't happen unless I dumped my Slowlane girlfriend or cheated. But they don't seem like the cheating type either lol.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
One of mine is to have sex with every girl I have wanted to have sex with, within reason. I am not talking like famous movie stars, etc. Just friends who I probably wouldn't date, but might be fun to have a night with. Probably won't happen unless I dumped my Slowlane girlfriend or cheated. But they don't seem like the cheating type either lol.

:smilielol: omg dude, break up with the girl if you're thinkin that!

Aside from building a successful fastlane start up and ending with a liquidation point, here's ma list:
  1. Travel to every ancient city.
  2. Create a personal flying machine from scratch.
  3. Build a house by hand.
  4. Move to a secluded place or beach pad for a year.
  5. Get married and have kids!
  6. Drive across the United States and down to South America.
  7. Drive across Europe.
  8. Join a secret society.
  9. Don't shave for an entire year.
  10. Survive a near death experience.
  11. Adopt a puppy!
  12. Adopt a kitten!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Travel to every ancient city
Which ones are those?

Join a secret society.
The fastlane may not be that secret, or a society. Do we score points here for you?

Don't shave for an entire year.
Easy! I assume you already started this one, right?

Drive across Europe.
How much will this cost you?
How much time would be needed?

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
The freemasons are surprisingly easy to get into these days.
Ya but they're not secret, only certain sects are.

Which ones are those?
Tikal, Machu Picchu, Tiwanaku, Teotihuacan, Cairo, Luxor, Petra, Rom, Angkor Wat... so many places! I'm obsessed.

The fastlane may not be that secret, or a society. Do we score points here for you?
Huge points here! I'd love to come to one of the meetups some day. I saw the move "The Skulls" about the skull and bones society and I've wanted to join one ever since. A group that denies it's existence, supports each other in fraternal bonds, and is ultimately a very successful group of people. Is that weird?

Easy! I assume you already started this one, right?
Nope! I should tho. I got my dad's beard tho which puts 8th graders at more facial hair than I'll ever have haha.

How much will this cost you?
How much time would be needed?
Depends how I travel, but I'd love to do it after I am successful but before I have kids. It'd be cool to stay in small hotels, but it's also on my bucket list to stay at a hostel. A year or two would be an incredible experience.

I really need to get to sleep but I'm gonna search for your bucket list tomorrow, anviv

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I can confirm I crossed # 3 off my list this summer. I also surfed. It was great.

#6 is not enticing anymore.... hmmmm interesting how we change, huh?
With #6, the marathon, skip it! Your knees and back will thank you later.;)

Did you have a thread about going skydiving? That'd be pretty cool to see! haha was it tandem or static line?

I need to add surfing to my bucket list! Shark week on Discovery just freaks me out. I don't mind fish, but I do mind when I can't see them.

That's cool that you're actively working to check off the things from your list. I like how quick and to the point your list was. Things you can actually go out and do without a huge life commitment... might be time for me to reprioritize so I can try and go live a little!

Oh ya, and go scuba diving somewhere tropical! If it's dark, spooky water, it's not nearly as cool!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Did you have a thread about going skydiving? That'd be pretty cool to see!
do a search here in the forum for "living life" (with quotes). I've posted about this, surfing, going to concerts...

was it tandem or static line?
Tandem.

I like how quick and to the point your list was.
Thanks. I really like that people create mental barriers for things that are rather easy to accomplish.

I do not like grandiose goals because they become unattainable due to complexity and too many variables.

go scuba diving somewhere tropical! If it's dark, spooky water, it's not nearly as cool!
Thanks for the advice. I need to schedule this one, but have just too many things going on right now. I want to take it easier. After all, it was a very hectic summer for me.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting thread blast-from-the-past...

Many years have gone by, wondering how many have been done, in the works, or have been forgotten.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2020
Though we have to wait a bit to travel, I’ve always wanted to go to Greece and Hawaii.

I want to spend a solid month in another area or travel for that length of time at some point.

Hoping to maybe be a snowbird, but I don’t necessarily want own another property.

I met a rapper before. I would love to meet a rockstar.

I have some bucket list concerts I want to see. There’s too many to name.
Luckily, I lived in Spain, visited France, Belgium, Italy, Morocco, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Portugal and other places. I’d have to brainstorm other places to visit too.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Honestly, just being able to sleep in when I'm tired without worrying about going broke. That alone would make everything so much better. Lol

Employee, business owner - doesn't matter if you're grinding nonstop for decades.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 27, 2020
I'm not really a "bucket list" kind of guy. I like living life rather organically.

I enjoy making decisions as the situation arises - planning ahead has never been my thing. Figuring things out as I go is exciting. I love getting lost, forgetting things, being routed to places I didn't expect to go and meeting people I didn't expect to meet.

I'll put together big plans for my work life but when it comes to what I want out of life itself I rarely if ever think more than a year out. I create checklists mostly from my past, not for my future.
I’m very much a planner, but I like to let things unfold too. Great reminder. Thanks for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.