The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you say to your younger self, in order to help him get his money fast

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

meir_fasst

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 9, 2021
I gonna challenge even the most successful entrepreneurs here.

Design an actual practical plan that you would give to your younger self, to execute for 30 days and get guaranteed results at the end of it.
Exactly what you will do, what do you gonna sell, to whom, where, how, etc...

While all these people donating money that at the end keep people poor, you will be the ones that will actually make a change in their lives and make them rich. ("teach a man to fish..")

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Design an actual practical plan that you would give to your younger self, to execute for 30 days and get guaranteed results at the end of it.

While all these people donating money that at the end keep people poor, you will be the ones that will actually make a change in their lives and make them rich. ("teach a man to fish..")
It’s an interesting thread, thanks for bringing it up.

Paradoxically, I don’t think I’d say something to my younger self that would get him the money faster, quite the contrary…

Making money is relatively easy compared to living a good life. Whatever makes you money the fastest means that you’ll need to devote a lot more time to the money-making than you do to truly understanding life.

I know people who have a lot more money than I currently do, because they’ve spent a lot more time creating it fast. I on the other hand have spent a lot more time on building a very solid foundation, and sooner or later I will catch up with them and even overcome their success.

For example, I know dropshippers who have made several million dollars… with very basic skills. They succeeded, but their skills and knowledge aren’t that great. They’ll have a much harder time replicating it…

I’d say to my younger self to keep learning, step by step, and focus on gathering and implementing knowledge. Particularly in psychology as the tends to be the foundation, followed by critical thinking, and marketing/sales.

P.S. This is post #666 for me, whatever that means…:rofl:

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Yeah, similar to Black_Dragon's answer, I was making pretty good money and had some solid growth when I started out but I fumbled it all when I fell into a pretty deep depression and struggled getting myself out of it. It wasn't the system I built, the work I was doing, or the clients, but the cloud of negativity I allowed to consume me and blind me to not only my potential, but just being able to enjoy life and take ownership of the work I was doing. I didn't fear failure.. I feared success.

So at least what would I tell my younger self in order to help him make money?
  • Believe in yourself against all odds. That said, don't be so optimistic you make stupid decisions but don't let the naysayers who have no stake in your success and want to see you fail because they're bitter asshats get in the way of your goals or how you see yourself.
  • Things might suck now, but that doesn't mean they always will.
  • Practice gratitude and focus on abundance, not scarcity. You might not control what life throws at you, but you control your reaction and attitude towards it.
  • Don't give away things for free just to prove you're of value. All you're doing is proving you're a pushover.
  • You are a sum of those you surround yourself with. You cannot be wealthy if you only associate with people who complain and blame everyone else but themselves.
  • A no today could turn into a yes tomorrow, especially if you continue to foster genuine connections with people.
  • And finally, don't be afraid to live life and make decisions. Decision paralysis is unnecessary since there are very few doors that remain permanently shut after walking through another one. Everyone dreads the Doors #2, 3, and 4 if they choose 1.. but no one stops to think about the hallway of shinier, cooler, richer doors past Door #1. Or.. if they really hate their first choice, break down the door or a wall or something ffs.
But yeah.. unsure if helpful but given everything I was stuck on, this would've been most helpful to younger Metz.

D

Deleted85763

Clothing Company A has 1 million shirts at $10 and Clothing Distributor B will buy them at $12 and lender C will lend you the money to buy and sell and you make $2 million minus the lending fee. I can't name names but that's the basic blueprint. Use your imagination. Oh, and don't drink alcohol.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Don't give away things for free just to prove you're of value. All you're doing is proving you're a pushover.
What about a young guy like me who's learning and providing value? It's been 4 months since I decided to take control of the steering wheel.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Don't have the time at the moment to post anything longer but I'd tell my younger self to spend 80% of my time taking action on things that move the needle.

Not taking consistent action is the reason why I failed at becoming a millionaire by the time I was 30, and now the same failure again at the age of 40.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Don't have the time at the moment to post anything longer but I'd tell my younger self to spend 80% of my time taking action on things that move the needle.

Not taking consistent action is the reason why I failed at becoming a millionaire by the time I was 30, and now the same failure again at the age of 40.
I think you learn something unknown to you better along the way when you take action rather than preparing for it.

I absolutely agree on that 80% action part.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
What about a young guy like me who's learning and providing value? It's been 4 months since I decided to take control of the steering wheel.
Normally yeah, if you're building up a portfolio and still kinda green, it's okay to do some free work but even then, you're doing it for social proof and potential referrals -- so you're doing it to leverage something of value that isn't money.

But me, I was just giving things away because I didn't believe I had value otherwise. Big difference.

Hopefully that clarification makes a bit more sense.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Sorry for "no" answer but i wold told my younger self to go to movie theater and watch some blockbusters.
Happened to be best productivity hack.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Normally yeah, if you're building up a portfolio and still kinda green, it's okay to do some free work but even then, you're doing it for social proof and potential referrals -- so you're doing it to leverage something of value that isn't money.

But me, I was just giving things away because I didn't believe I had value otherwise. Big difference.

Hopefully that clarification makes a bit more sense.
Just letting you know, I'm also learning writing along with marketing. I think I need to have a strong command of both skillsets because they're valuable, sort of like gold mines for freelancers

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Just letting you know, I'm also learning writing along with marketing. I think I need to have a strong command of both skillsets because they're valuable, sort of like gold mines for freelancers
You hit the nail on the head. Great marketing stems from great copy so knowing how to do both is a smart move.

That said, if you ever need someone to brainstorm with, hmu. I'm all about that life and always down to connect with others in that niche. :D

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Find successful people older than you who you want to be like, offer them value, then take their advice.

Do you know how few people listen? You're a rarity if you do. And as the saying goes, emulation is the highest form of flattery - people LOVE to give advice and see if followed to success.

I can say categorically that every major business success that I've had in the last 18 or so months I can directly attribute to @Rabby 's help in some way.

jeffrost

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 30, 2020
Sheffield, UK
It’s an interesting thread, thanks for bringing it up.

Paradoxically, I don’t think I’d say something to my younger self that would get him the money faster, quite the contrary…

Making money is relatively easy compared to living a good life. Whatever makes you money the fastest means that you’ll need to devote a lot more time to the money-making than you do to truly understanding life.

I know people who have a lot more money than I currently do, because they’ve spent a lot more time creating it fast. I on the other hand have spent a lot more time on building a very solid foundation, and sooner or later I will catch up with them and even overcome their success.

For example, I know dropshippers who have made several million dollars… with very basic skills. They succeeded, but their skills and knowledge aren’t that great. They’ll have a much harder time replicating it…

I’d say to my younger self to keep learning, step by step, and focus on gathering and implementing knowledge. Particularly in psychology as the tends to be the foundation, followed by critical thinking, and marketing/sales.

P.S. This is post #666 for me, whatever that means…:rofl:
Same here. I have seen what happens to those chasing money. Not good. Take it strong and steady, keep to your core values. Keep healthy. Follow your nose. Enough money will come if you set firm and fair boundaries..

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I would tell myself to party more and go out. Break the rules a little bit.

I was always a straight edge, and now I'm 25, and honestly my biggest regret is that I didn't do more "unproductive" stuff in high school and college. A lot of my friends are now married and settling into what they're going to do forever.

Friends and memories are invaluable!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

I wouldn't tell my younger self how to make money faster... I would tell her how to add value. I would tell her what to learn that will help add value. I would tell her to keep the dollar signs out of her eyes -- because when people see greed, they run like hell.

Sudakshina

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 13, 2021
Find successful people older than you who you want to be like, offer them value, then take their advice.

Do you know how few people listen? You're a rarity if you do. And as the saying goes, emulation is the highest form of flattery - people LOVE to give advice and see if followed to success.

I can say categorically that every major business success that I've had in the last 18 or so months I can directly attribute to @Rabby 's help in some way.
I've always had this doubt. I've read it a lot of times to take advices from successful people. But the point I don't get is HOW EXACTLY CAN AN UNSUCCESSFUL PERSON PROVIDE VALUE TO A SUCCESSFUL PERSON ? I gave it a lot of thought. What possibly can I offer ? Skills? Even if I have skills he won't need it as he's already established. Money? I don't have it right now.. that's why I'm seeking advice. Equity? Well that's for the later stage after the conceptualization of the business. I really hope someone replies to this ...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

To: Sudakshina:​

You act as though you have no value until you are successful. I believe that you underestimate yourself totally. I like to talk to people who have "fresh eyes" on a situation. A lot of my day is done by rote habits that I haven't rethought in a long time. I ask just about everyone what they think and what they do when I get to a meaningful decision moment. I don't have all the answers. And the answer needs to change over time. A lot of the time, I am too close. It's hard for me to see both the changes in the situation or the need for change.

Here's a classic example. A truck was too tall to go under a bridge. The hapless driver tried it anyway. The truck was hopelessly stuck endangering the integrity of the whole bridge. The engineers were trying to figure out how to get the truck out from under the bridge without causing more damage to the bridge or the roadway. They struggled for hours to create a plan. Finally, one of the observer's small son yanked on the back of one of the engineer's shirttails. When acknowledged, he asked, "Why don't you just let some of the air out of the tires so you can back it out?" Out the mouth of babes!

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I've always had this doubt. I've read it a lot of times to take advices from successful people. But the point I don't get is HOW EXACTLY CAN AN UNSUCCESSFUL PERSON PROVIDE VALUE TO A SUCCESSFUL PERSON ? I gave it a lot of thought. What possibly can I offer ? Skills? Even if I have skills he won't need it as he's already established. Money? I don't have it right now.. that's why I'm seeking advice. Equity? Well that's for the later stage after the conceptualization of the business. I really hope someone replies to this ...

Get over your low self-esteem

Zealander

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 20, 2020
European union
Frankly, I would tell myself to get a seasonal job in the summer and save up some money and gain experience since I clearly didn’t have enough skills for a real business. But I still don’t regret those summers I played basketball everyday…

Seamster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
May 21, 2019
The Rust Belt; MI
OP, you must be young. And this "challenge" is a smart way to get some advice! I'll give you some pointers

* There are 1000s of things you can do to make money. If one is not working, try another. But you can't jump from this to that without max effort in any category. You have to know when to give up. And that's usually later than you think, and hard to tell. For me, I'm not making a lot of money. But I quit my job and can survive on my 8 rental properties. So, I've succeeded. To get rich ($4000/mo passive IMO is "rich") do I do something else or buy more properties? This is something I need to decide
* Don't get fat. If you get fat you won't get a girl and have to pay more on prostitutes and ice cream to help with your sorrowful, sluggish life. You'll spend so much money on medical bills and keep working a shitty job just because you need the insurance. I'm healthy. Don't need doctors regularly. I can quit jobs and go a years without needing a doctor for diabetes or anything like that I would have caused myself by being fat
* Work hard play hard! This is soooo big! Don't spend a Saturday afternoon cleaning some guy's garage for $100. That's not good money. I don't make money frequently now but when I do it's like $5000. And play hard. Do you like travel better than video games? Then why not skip the Xbox for traveling? I watch TV 1-2 hours every night because it helps me relax. But if I were to do 5 hours a night I'd have to think: "Man, I watch TV 35 hours a week. How about I cut that to 15 hours, then have 20 hours to....clean garages for people (??), and make an extra $200 per week, and spend that $200 every Saturday to go to a lovely hotel with my girlfriend? Then you'd have something to look forward to, be in better shape, meet more people, have a happier GF, etc (and eventually replace the garage cleaning job with something better).

I have more but, later. Gotta run!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.