I am currently serving in the US Military and living in the Middle East. I have started a custom suit business that services customers in the United States. My goal is to get this business to the point where I am bringing in 10,000 per month by DEC 2010. I have ran into a few challenges and I am seeking ideas on how to overcome them.
How my business works(Simplified):
The way my business works is that I have created a system that I teach people in the United States to measure customers. I communicate with them via skype and teach them via videos online.They take the measurements and send them to me along with the order. I pay the measurer a small fee and I have my tailors make the suits and then I have my mailers mail the suit. The way I have it set up, this business will continue to operate even when I am back in the States.
Results:
The cities that I have a good person to take the measurements with have worked well. But its hard finding good people to take the measurements that are really willing to make things work. One of the benefits I have had with this business is that once I do get a customer they usually order more suits. Most companies online have the customers take their own measurements, but from my research and my Customer Avatar development results, I have found that doing measurements this way will take away from my business.
Revenue Paths:
Path 1: I get my own customers and make suits for them.
Path 2: I act as a wholesaler to people in the States and help them set up their own business. I do this by teaching them the business and set up a franchise/non-franchise.
Results:
I have had good results in servicing my own customers but I have yet to set up one successful franchise/non-franchise. I want to develop the franchise/non-franchise because it seems to be the quickest and most effective way to achieve my goal.
I am seeking ideas and advice on the following
1. I am currently in the United States for the next two weeks and I will not be here again this year. How would you maximize on this time?
My Ideas:
-Take this time to make a small documentary of someone starting their own suit business or a documentary on a customer buying a suit.
-Find a few successful businessmen and get them to act as testimonials for my suit business by giving them a free suit. I would be doing this to connect with my customer base.
-Take this time to get more customers.
-Travel to different cites and network.
2. Ideas on how I can build my franchise/non-franchise business?
3. Ideas on how I can find people to measure for me in the States.
Any ideas will be very helpful. Thank you for your time.
How my business works(Simplified):
The way my business works is that I have created a system that I teach people in the United States to measure customers. I communicate with them via skype and teach them via videos online.They take the measurements and send them to me along with the order. I pay the measurer a small fee and I have my tailors make the suits and then I have my mailers mail the suit. The way I have it set up, this business will continue to operate even when I am back in the States.
Results:
The cities that I have a good person to take the measurements with have worked well. But its hard finding good people to take the measurements that are really willing to make things work. One of the benefits I have had with this business is that once I do get a customer they usually order more suits. Most companies online have the customers take their own measurements, but from my research and my Customer Avatar development results, I have found that doing measurements this way will take away from my business.
Revenue Paths:
Path 1: I get my own customers and make suits for them.
Path 2: I act as a wholesaler to people in the States and help them set up their own business. I do this by teaching them the business and set up a franchise/non-franchise.
Results:
I have had good results in servicing my own customers but I have yet to set up one successful franchise/non-franchise. I want to develop the franchise/non-franchise because it seems to be the quickest and most effective way to achieve my goal.
I am seeking ideas and advice on the following
1. I am currently in the United States for the next two weeks and I will not be here again this year. How would you maximize on this time?
My Ideas:
-Take this time to make a small documentary of someone starting their own suit business or a documentary on a customer buying a suit.
-Find a few successful businessmen and get them to act as testimonials for my suit business by giving them a free suit. I would be doing this to connect with my customer base.
-Take this time to get more customers.
-Travel to different cites and network.
2. Ideas on how I can build my franchise/non-franchise business?
3. Ideas on how I can find people to measure for me in the States.
Any ideas will be very helpful. Thank you for your time.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
