The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What was your biggest business and life lesson in 2014?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Life - Give me liberty or give me death. no regrets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Business: You need to model your strategy to succeed on something that works, not something you think might.

Life: Relationships are everything, and without focusing on always strengthening positive ones and dissolving negatives, you will not succeed at anything.

Dimski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
May 24, 2014
Montreal, Canada.
Kill off the weak members of the pack. They're slowing you down.
Don't be afraid. Snatch opportunities wherever you can find them.
In helping others, you open new doors.

In The Mountains

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 14, 2015
Business: Just because someone talks about how much they want to be part of a start up, doesn't mean they'll have the guts to do it. Make them prove it before bringing them into the fold, and be ruthless cutting the fat from your team.

Life: Always make other people's success a priority in your life. Always be a source of positive energy for everyone in your life.

Dimski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
May 24, 2014
Montreal, Canada.
Business: Just because someone talks about how much they want to be part of a start up, doesn't mean they'll have the guts to do it. Make them prove it before bringing them into the fold, and be ruthless cutting the fat from your team.

Life: Always make other people's success a priority in your life. Always be a source of positive energy for everyone in your life.
I like that. Especially the positive part. If you bring energy to those around you, they will gravitate toward you. Be the smile in their day, don't be the depressing jerk who's always got something nasty to say. Everyone loves a lover just as they hate a hater.

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Business: Stop wasting time, and don't be afraid to make a mess. I'm still working on that, by the way.

Life (as well as business): Learning is a never ending process. Focus on what will improve your life and get you ahead the most. Most important of all, apply that knowledge quickly.

Hiring coaches is a big Next Step for me, but I have to work towards that first.

BEBOLD

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 14, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Business:
1) There is no happy end to an unhappy journey
2) Set some things in motion
3) Humans are not a cost, but an investment
4) You're either on a winning team or on a learning team
5) If you don't have an assistant - you are an assistant
6) Not all growth is good - cancer grows
7) Stalking is an underrated start up strategy
8) Turbulence is an official climate of an entrepreneur
9) Create space and fill it - put someone in your office so you can't go there
10) Stop categorizing/filing away your best intentions

Life:
1) Trade my expectations for appreciations - helps eliminate anger.
2) There is more to life than increasing it's speed
3) When someone shows you who they are - believe them the first time.
4) Crazy is a compliment
5) Don't be drowning for information, yet starving for wisdom
6) Don't ever let school get in the way of your education

Health: Stretch in shower, meditate, accelerated deep breathing, do colonoscopy, blood test, calisthenics.

Quote of 2014 for me:

"When a man with money meets a man with experience,the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."

G

GuestUser202

What 2014 taught me...which can be applied to both business and personal:
1) I have learned a lot that I need to unlearn.
2) I need to let go. Need to be less fearful and understand I cannot control the future or one's destiny.

G

GuestUser202

1)

5) Be a user, if you can. Creating something to solve your own problem is extremely helpful when it comes to staying motivated and really believing in your product.

I personally agree with this! If you won't use your product, how do you expect your customers to use it?

94blackbird

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 21, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Hmm.., what have I learned from 2014

In Business- The hardest person to fire is the boss/owner.
Do not rely solely on your own self-valuations. Opinions will differ. Only rely on your own opinion once you have proven to
others that you are right. Once that happens opinion becomes fact in other peoples minds. Once you have the facts, success is only a matter of when, not if. This is a double edged sword however. Just as quickly as opinions can turn in your favor, so to can
the facts be made against you if you let opinion get away from you.

In Life- Life is too short to cry over spilled milk and shitty situations. No one likes a whiner, and the longer you cry over
said milk, the more sour and curdled your attitude will become, until you are on the floor with your spilled milk
as useless and fermented as it has become.

Madhav

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Oct 15, 2015
Lost my little brother this year,my life lesson was life and time are short make the most of both, this years life lesson is reading the fastlane book thanks MJ

please accept my condolences. May his soul rest in peace !

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Both my business and life lessons are the same. Have the Courage to change things that can be changed, have the Serenity to accept the things that can't be changed, have the wisdom to know the difference.

and just generally learning that one action is worth a million what ifs, whatever the goal is, it will continue to evade you until you simply DO SOMETHING''.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.