The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do while app is been built?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hi guys, so I am waiting for my app to be built, but I don't know what to do with the time I am waiting for it to be built. I have a app marketing plan and have set up some stuff and even when its ready I don't see how I can spend over 10 hours a day working on it, I want to give it full effort but just having troubles seeing how I can spend all day marketing it, like it seems like there isn't much to do. Should I start on another project? Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
I am in the exact same situation right now. Its taking my app a while to be built, and unsure what to do with my time. I've created a Twitter account and have started building up an audience, and have started putting together an initial e-mail list, but that's about it. I'm going to spend some time drafting a few e-mails to go out to my list once my landing page and app are up and in test mode, but outside of that I'm at a loss for what to do with my time.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I am in the exact same situation right now. Its taking my app a while to be built, and unsure what to do with my time. I've created a Twitter account and have started building up an audience, and have started putting together an initial e-mail list, but that's about it. I'm going to spend some time drafting a few e-mails to go out to my list once my landing page and app are up and in test mode, but outside of that I'm at a loss for what to do with my time.
Interesting. How did you start building up an audience? That's one thing I am having trouble with, do I join groups relating to my app and talk to people?

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Hi guys, so I am waiting for my app to be built, but I don't know what to do with the time I am waiting for it to be built. I have a app marketing plan and have set up some stuff and even when its ready I don't see how I can spend over 10 hours a day working on it, I want to give it full effort but just having troubles seeing how I can spend all day marketing it, like it seems like there isn't much to do. Should I start on another project? Thanks.

I wouldn't start on another project. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with too much. If you are stuck on what to do with your current project I would sit down with a pen and a notebook and brainstorm. Write down any weaknesses you think you may have with your app. Then attack it from there.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
Interesting. How did you start building up an audience? That's one thing I am having trouble with, do I join groups relating to my app and talk to people?
So I started tweeting about the industry my app falls into (nothing related to the app quite yet), and adding highly viewed #s. Eventually I grabbed some followers. I also bought around 3,000 followers to make my profile look like I have some traction already. I try to tweet 3-5x per day. Again, nothing related to my app but just interesting things that are being talked about in my space right now. Hopefully I'll be able to monetize the real followers down the road (I have about 300 so far).

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
A
So I started tweeting about the industry my app falls into (nothing related to the app quite yet), and adding highly viewed #s. Eventually I grabbed some followers. I also bought around 3,000 followers to make my profile look like I have some traction already. I try to tweet 3-5x per day. Again, nothing related to my app but just interesting things that are being talked about in my space right now. Hopefully I'll be able to monetize the real followers down the road (I have about 300 so far).
Ah ok thanks for that. Good luck!

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't start on another project. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with too much. If you are stuck on what to do with your current project I would sit down with a pen and a notebook and brainstorm. Write down any weaknesses you think you may have with your app. Then attack it from there.
Ok thanks.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Do the things that will most effect your bottom line, you have a marketing plan that you've worked on and that's great.

Now work out if there is anything else you'll need to do to get that app out there, is there anything you need to learn, like using a particular platform or software?

Then if all the effective things are covered, sales, marketing, production, banking, etc. Cast yourself forwards to a point when you're super busy, what will you want to do and have no time for?

Plus maybe try and work out what you'll do if your marketing plan doesn't work, can you draw up a plan 'b' or 'c'?

Also can you implement any of your plan now as a testing model?

It's an app so you're probably not advertising on Google, but perhaps you could use a similar technique to Andy Black by putting out an ad for a similar app you don't own, just so you can gather some data.

Other than that, hang with the family, play some golf and ready yourself for the busy times.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Do the things that will most effect your bottom line, you have a marketing plan that you've worked on and that's great.

Now work out if there is anything else you'll need to do to get that app out there, is there anything you need to learn, like using a particular platform or software?

Then if all the effective things are covered, sales, marketing, production, banking, etc. Cast yourself forwards to a point when you're super busy, what will you want to do and have no time for?

Plus maybe try and work out what you'll do if your marketing plan doesn't work, can you draw up a plan 'b' or 'c'?

Also can you implement any of your plan now as a testing model?

It's an app so you're probably not advertising on Google, but perhaps you could use a similar technique to Andy Black by putting out an ad for a similar app you don't own, just so you can gather some data.

Other than that, hang with the family, play some golf and ready yourself for the busy times.
Thanks for the advice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.