The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION What to do while app is been built?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hi guys, so I am waiting for my app to be built, but I don't know what to do with the time I am waiting for it to be built. I have a app marketing plan and have set up some stuff and even when its ready I don't see how I can spend over 10 hours a day working on it, I want to give it full effort but just having troubles seeing how I can spend all day marketing it, like it seems like there isn't much to do. Should I start on another project? Thanks.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 3, 2015
I am in the exact same situation right now. Its taking my app a while to be built, and unsure what to do with my time. I've created a Twitter account and have started building up an audience, and have started putting together an initial e-mail list, but that's about it. I'm going to spend some time drafting a few e-mails to go out to my list once my landing page and app are up and in test mode, but outside of that I'm at a loss for what to do with my time.

OP
OP
LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I am in the exact same situation right now. Its taking my app a while to be built, and unsure what to do with my time. I've created a Twitter account and have started building up an audience, and have started putting together an initial e-mail list, but that's about it. I'm going to spend some time drafting a few e-mails to go out to my list once my landing page and app are up and in test mode, but outside of that I'm at a loss for what to do with my time.
Interesting. How did you start building up an audience? That's one thing I am having trouble with, do I join groups relating to my app and talk to people?

Richard Greene

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Hi guys, so I am waiting for my app to be built, but I don't know what to do with the time I am waiting for it to be built. I have a app marketing plan and have set up some stuff and even when its ready I don't see how I can spend over 10 hours a day working on it, I want to give it full effort but just having troubles seeing how I can spend all day marketing it, like it seems like there isn't much to do. Should I start on another project? Thanks.
I wouldn't start on another project. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with too much. If you are stuck on what to do with your current project I would sit down with a pen and a notebook and brainstorm. Write down any weaknesses you think you may have with your app. Then attack it from there.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 3, 2015
Interesting. How did you start building up an audience? That's one thing I am having trouble with, do I join groups relating to my app and talk to people?
So I started tweeting about the industry my app falls into (nothing related to the app quite yet), and adding highly viewed #s. Eventually I grabbed some followers. I also bought around 3,000 followers to make my profile look like I have some traction already. I try to tweet 3-5x per day. Again, nothing related to my app but just interesting things that are being talked about in my space right now. Hopefully I'll be able to monetize the real followers down the road (I have about 300 so far).

OP
OP
LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
A
So I started tweeting about the industry my app falls into (nothing related to the app quite yet), and adding highly viewed #s. Eventually I grabbed some followers. I also bought around 3,000 followers to make my profile look like I have some traction already. I try to tweet 3-5x per day. Again, nothing related to my app but just interesting things that are being talked about in my space right now. Hopefully I'll be able to monetize the real followers down the road (I have about 300 so far).
Ah ok thanks for that. Good luck!

OP
OP
LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I wouldn't start on another project. You don't want to overwhelm yourself with too much. If you are stuck on what to do with your current project I would sit down with a pen and a notebook and brainstorm. Write down any weaknesses you think you may have with your app. Then attack it from there.
Ok thanks.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Do the things that will most effect your bottom line, you have a marketing plan that you've worked on and that's great.

Now work out if there is anything else you'll need to do to get that app out there, is there anything you need to learn, like using a particular platform or software?

Then if all the effective things are covered, sales, marketing, production, banking, etc. Cast yourself forwards to a point when you're super busy, what will you want to do and have no time for?

Plus maybe try and work out what you'll do if your marketing plan doesn't work, can you draw up a plan 'b' or 'c'?

Also can you implement any of your plan now as a testing model?

It's an app so you're probably not advertising on Google, but perhaps you could use a similar technique to Andy Black by putting out an ad for a similar app you don't own, just so you can gather some data.

Other than that, hang with the family, play some golf and ready yourself for the busy times.

OP
OP
LiveEntrepreneur

LiveEntrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Do the things that will most effect your bottom line, you have a marketing plan that you've worked on and that's great.

Now work out if there is anything else you'll need to do to get that app out there, is there anything you need to learn, like using a particular platform or software?

Then if all the effective things are covered, sales, marketing, production, banking, etc. Cast yourself forwards to a point when you're super busy, what will you want to do and have no time for?

Plus maybe try and work out what you'll do if your marketing plan doesn't work, can you draw up a plan 'b' or 'c'?

Also can you implement any of your plan now as a testing model?

It's an app so you're probably not advertising on Google, but perhaps you could use a similar technique to Andy Black by putting out an ad for a similar app you don't own, just so you can gather some data.

Other than that, hang with the family, play some golf and ready yourself for the busy times.
Thanks for the advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom