The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do when there are already solutions to a problem?

Idea threads

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 29, 2021
I have been able to find problems to solve but there are already solutions to them. I guess this means they are profitable.

What should I do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PetitBourgeoisie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 27, 2022
I have been able to find problems to solve but there are already solutions to them. I guess this means they are profitable.

What should I do?
GM. From my bare understanding, the next question you should ask is [what is the competition doing wrong?] - how're they solving the problem insufficiently. This would represent an opening for you to out-compete them.
You may find it advantageous to search references to their solutions (services, goods, software, etc.). And specifically search for complaints about them (they're too complex/inconvenient to use easily, they take time, they're too costly, etc.).
Hope this may be of use.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 29, 2021
GM. From my bare understanding, the next question you should ask is [what is the competition doing wrong?] - how're they solving the problem insufficiently. This would represent an opening for you to out-compete them.
You may find it advantageous to search references to their solutions (services, goods, software, etc.). And specifically search for complaints about them (they're too complex/inconvenient to use easily, they take time, they're too costly, etc.).
Hope this may be of use.
Thanks, I will look into it.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022

What should I do?
Focus on what's missing in their solution, and what things can You improve. Try anyway and do something, otherwise You will be forever stuck in analysys paralysis.

Cheers

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Presumably you are typing away on a laptop or something?

Well whatever manufacturer it is, all the other manufacturers did not say 'Well that's a bugger, someone has already invented the laptop' did they?

Do you know the game bowls, or boules, or petanque? You throw the jack - little ball - and then each player takes turns to throw/roll their bowl/boule towards it to get closest by displacing the opponents.

The jack is the customer. Samsung throw xyz phone out towards him and then Apple throw theirs out to knock Samsung out of the way, who inturn throw their next one to try and displace Apple, ad nauseum.

Dan

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have been able to find problems to solve but there are already solutions to them.

Damn, look there, a restaurant. They're selling food to solve the problem of hunger.

Guess no one should ever start a restaurant, ever again.

Just some perspective for your question...

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

What should I do?
You can find improvement on existing solution.

Having existing solution is not a bad thing but rather a good thing to me. Proven market of paying customers.

Cojo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 29, 2021
You can find improvement on existing solution.

Having existing solution is not a bad thing but rather a good thing to me. Proven market of paying customers.
I know it is a good thing. I wasn't planning on stopping, just wanted ideas on what I could do to profit from it. Thanks everyone :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.