The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Step Did You Take Today?

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Planted 60 trees. Getting ready to go out and plant more (we just got our 250 seedlings from the state)
Wrote a couple more blog posts
And.... We didn't do the following, but it is forward progress:
Our commercial property was shown today
One of the SFR's was shown today
And, our exchangor told us we are getting an offer in on one of the storages.
Oh, and researched lulu.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
-emailed off 4 properties to my buyers agent. Looked through around 100 today. There are actually places for under 40k in Denver right now. Needing tons of work I'm sure, but wow.

-Sent off another email to my buyers agent. My partner and I are thinking of using him to help locate our first rental property. The funny thing is, I might own my first rental before my first house lol. I kinda hope it works that way....something to laugh about down the road.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Yesterday: Wrote 4,546 words of the new guide
Today: Met with our Exchangor, did some organizational, automation type stuff.

Whatcha all up to?

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Yesterday... it's hard to remember.
-talked a lot to my web person about tranfering online biz to another host
-called in inventory order
-followed up on another inventory order
-received another inventory order and removed all product "out of stocks" from store (have not actually unpacked the order or organized warehouse (ie my storage room!))
- placed recycled magnet order once art was ready
- fiddled with outlook for hours (GRRR...)
- went to rental to check on results of carpet cleaning and to turn fan off
- went to bank to deposit checks
- oh, and I also went to work (my job at the school)

Last edited:

kidgas

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 25, 2007
Indiana
I didn't take any "steps" today. I reffed 3 soccer games (two with my oldest daughter), enjoyed the weather, watched a little of the Indy 500 qualifying, tossed the football in the back with my youngest daughter, grilled burgers and ate with friends. All in all, a great day.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Did my PR work today with my wife(Mother's day), took her out to dinner. Very important to keep peace in the family.:jiggy: Also did some research on apartment deal that turned out to be wrong complex. :coco: Oh well.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Wrote ten pages for my eBook. Ten real 12-point, Times New Roman pages!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
did more writing for my new blog
created outline for new book
worked on prototype for invention
identified two target properties for assimilation

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Finished building my main website last night ansd submitted articles to several online article submission sites.

Launch google adwords campaign and got seven clicks to site in three days. One ad is out pacing the other four four to one. I have a surprising front runner keyword. One click out of seven yielded a hypothetical sale. When My ebook is finished i will reveal the site to you guys.

I was ranked ninth on one keyword! How cool is that!?

:banana:

walking away from my fourth property negotiation. these banks are greedy crybabys.:smxD:

Broke two of my toes so I am on light duty at my JOB so I can concentrate more on fastlane work.:fastlane:

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Which sites? I need to get on this. I've been doing blog carnival

I got most of my traffic generation ideas here http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=4130&highlight=website+building+easy

I use google adwords which has cost me thirty bucks in one week. Then I submitted articles to three article sites listed on the above thread.

Right now I'm testing my product with an opt in mailing list. I have seven hypothethical sales in one week. At $15.00 a sale that would return all the money I have invested in this venture. I have "hypothetically " broke even.

So I am continuuing this deal. I am considering suspending my adwotrds account to save money and get my e book written because I am spending a lot of time on site promotion and analysis and not enough time writing. But I think that the cost getting hot leads may be justified.

My website is pretty much how I want it at this point until the book is ready.

Break down of expenses.
domain and hosting $15.00/year
Privacy 7.00/year
adwords $30.00/week
Forum hosting 6.00/month
3 additional related domains that will be used in the future $45.00/year

so the big chunk of my money is in adwords

The forum isnt doing anything really so I may dump it and transfer all other domains to my main host. to reduce costs. I want to do something different and forums are beaten to death on my particular niche.

Anticipated expenses.

Forming LLC $50.00
SSL security $50.00
Visa merchant account ?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Signed and faxed off my loan papers today. All 49 pages. Now I just need to get the VA crackin on my approval.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Signed and faxed off my loan papers today. All 49 pages. Now I just need to get the VA crackin on my approval.

you may of course already know this, but just making sure...please use a lender who has done many va loans when you get ready to buy. if they haven't done at least 10 va deals in the last year, use someone else. lenders mess these up all the time, causing you a lot of unnecessary headaches.

Quagzmort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2008
MI
Not today, more like 3 weeks ago...

My wife and I decided to accept a job offer. We did it more for what we would learn than for a pay check. We are both college students and we are now apartment supervisors on campus. We have 5 apartments buildings with 10 units each that we are responsible for. We handle everything but the financial aspect. We get free rent in exchange for the "duties" that we must perform.

My goal is to earn my Entreprenuership degree and start my own business, though not necessarily in that order. My wife wants to be a school teacher and help with my business. We are expecting to learn quite a bit about how to manage multi-unit properties without having too much cost associated with the mistakes we're bound to make. As long as we learn from them, bring em on!

We can earn a check by cleaning apartments and other such things if we choose, or we can hire them out. We're looking to clean some apartments at first to get to know what is expected then we want to hire other students to clean them to get experience with "sub-contracting".

I am minoring in Real Estate delv and Finance, so this "job" really fits well into my "schoolin'". Reading the posts from other Fastlane members put me in the mindset of looking for a learning experience rather than a job for the next few years. Actually, I plan on this being the last job I ever have. :)

That's what I did today (this month rather).

Quagzmort

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
I just registered a new domain and its misspellings that redirect. I'll be building a new site today.

Edit: Three hours later, here is what I've built: Vegan Gentleman.

I like your site. It's a refreshing niche. I'd like to see a blog and a way to subscribe. You think? Just my thoughts.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Put in backorder for expiring domain that is numer one ekyword for my site.

Called on another house from REI that I will look at this weekend, seemed to like my creative approach at financing.

Answered a letter and posted it on website. As soon as I win mew domain I will reveal it to you guys for critique.

Took a nap!:banana:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Worked on compiling and revising our terms and conditions for our new site. (What a snoozefest!) Got a business checking account set up. Spoke with the business license people about some discrepancies with our application. Worked on the mascot idea...picked a name and ordered a stuffed animal.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Just started a new ad campaign for my blog.
Sent out interview questions for my eBook.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Worked on compiling and revising our terms and conditions for our new site. (What a snoozefest!) Got a business checking account set up. Spoke with the business license people about some discrepancies with our application. Worked on the mascot idea...picked a name and ordered a stuffed animal.

Many inquiring minds want to know name and stuffed animal.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
I awoke at about 3:00am with a brilliant new "chapter" for my eBook! BAM!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I completed my last day on the JOB today. I finished about 2:30 and was tending my own business the very next minute full time. I am so looking forward to being able to concentrate my efforts full time to my own interests. One of my goals is to be prosperous enough to provide a chair massage to my former colleagues during testing season next spring.:fastlane:

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I went back to hula/tahitian today! I have had to put my hula/tahitian/my needs on the back burner for the last couple of months. We've moved from red alert to orange alert so now my husband and I are able to refocus on our needs instead of putting ourselves last.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I completed my last day on the JOB today. I finished about 2:30 and was tending my own business the very next minute full time. I am so looking forward to being able to concentrate my efforts full time to my own interests. One of my goals is to be prosperous enough to provide a chair massage to my former colleagues during testing season next spring.:fastlane:
Congrats on leaving the JOB.

If I remember correctly you taught HS. Those kids might not realize it yet, but in about 5 years when they are living paycheck-to-paycheck, they are going to remember their former HS teacher that gained financial independence at a young age. Then they are going to realize it wasn't the HS teacher salary that enabled you to do it. You probably didn't realize that you were the best personal finance teacher to ever go through that school!

Speed to you!

Quagzmort

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Apr 9, 2008
MI
Today I wrote out my plan, set a meeting with a consultant for this weekend, and registered the domain name for my new e-biz. It's a dot-com and has a catchy and memorable name. Very happy it was available. :)

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Today I wrote out my plan, set a meeting with a consultant for this weekend, and registered the domain name for my new e-biz. It's a dot-com and has a catchy and memorable name. Very happy it was available. :)

Good job...Do you care to tell us what kind of consultant you'll be meeting with?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.