The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books are the best Business!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

Guest84834

This post is specially for you if you are in a 'RUT'. I have been been looking for a magical idea to launch over for 1 year and haven't found one. Whenever I find an idea, the EXECUTION scared me away from the first step. So around 5 days ago, I read Altucher's book Choose Yourself, and started writing down ten ideas a day. I got a book idea, not so great. But i executed immediately that day and got it published the same day. 2 days forward and I'm making passive income. Although it's 2.5 dollars a day of passive income, it didn't even took me a day to write it and prepare the book cover myself. Immediately and constantly making sales is probably one of the best feeling. Although you may laugh at how small of an accomplishment this is, this still means a lot to me. It's the small progress that motivates you to make big progress. And if you are wondering if I had any writing skills.NADA.

I did start a thread asking how to become a better writer, and I've got replies from MJ DeMarco and other valuable forum members. You will definitely find it valuable. If you are beginning phases, you don't need to improve and just make a good book cover. Just try to make much sales as possible. And my book was a lazily made book consisting around 2500 words.

I hope you find it helpful:

And much of my gratitude to MJ who helped me "Stop Consuming" and "Start Producing". It's all about the joy of being a producer instead of mindless playing video games (1 years back).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Unless you’re writing SF, continue reading my opinion:

You see, when MJ writes a book he uses what he knows(knowledge) and paints a well crafted picture, so to say.
Most of what he writes is rejected by big guys that keep telling you to get a good paying job, quit drinking Starbucks and invest that $100/mo.

I know I’m going to be critiqued here, but I’m against people writing books just to make money.( “isn’t that the end goal anyway?”)

It’s hypocrisy. Especially when you have 20 years old writing “ How to make millions and live the life you want” type of books with 0 business experience.

But those books sell, so that’s that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What did u write that only took a few hours? Subject matter?

Self publishing is a great space, but I loathe how some have made it a churn and burn… As such it has become quite saturated.

congrats on your first “taste”!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.