The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What problems do you have on a daily basis?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

It doesn't matter if your problem is as large as an existential crisis or as small as small as the sugar ants that somehow keep getting into your kitchen.

What problems do you personally have on a daily basis? What would make your life less annoying right now? What would make your life easier? What do you wish you didn't have to do? What are you oftentimes too lazy to do and wish could just be done automatically? What do you wish did more than it currently does right now?

Try and list as many problems as you possibly can but at least specify 3 problems you have almost every day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
I'm sorry but this question is way to broad Imo. It's 5:39 am and i got almost no sleep due PTSD. Do you want to manage a solution for that?

So I got out of bed and made myself breakfast poured myself a cup of coffee and went into the garden. It's windy outside and the door of my fence keeps clattering. Do you have a solution?

While typing this on my phone my cat keeps pushing her head against my phone which makes it almost impossible to write a message. Do you have a solution for that?

Will start working on my business before 6:00 am and I have a ton writing to do. Can't find decent writers in my niche and my language. Can you find a solution for that?

Why don't you pick a industry first and do some research if there's a problem to be solved. There a several threads on this forum explaining how to start when looking for a need.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Idea extraction doesn’t work here

Not sure if thats what he's doing, could be saying that we should think about these questions ourselves to find ideas.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I stay on the internet messing around too long. Problem is, when I get off the internet I usually go out and buy stuff. I want to be a part of a racing team and then at the end of the season I kick myself in the @ss for spending $100,000 on racing and say I'm getting out of racing..... and then I do it all over again the next year. I love chocolate. I love Dr. Pepper. My desk stays a mess. Can you help me Carnac?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I'm sorry but this question is way to broad Imo. It's 5:39 am and i got almost no sleep due PTSD. Do you want to manage a solution for that?

So I got out of bed and made myself breakfast poured myself a cup of coffee and went into the garden. It's windy outside and the door of my fence keeps clattering. Do you have a solution?

While typing this on my phone my cat keeps pushing her head against my phone which makes it almost impossible to write a message. Do you have a solution for that?

Will start working on my business before 6:00 am and I have a ton writing to do. Can't find decent writers in my niche and my language. Can you find a solution for that?

Why don't you pick a industry first and do some research if there's a problem to be solved. There a several threads on this forum explaining how to start when looking for a need.

There's both stimulants to wake yourself up and depressants to help yourself fall asleep better that solve that problem.

How about a product that significantly reduces the noise of a fence door?

How about keep the cat entertained, like a toy? It's a cat. A laser pointer works perfectly, could make one that fits into a phone case...

There are plenty of online services to help you find decent writers online, no matter the language.

Everything you just listed are problems that need solving. If you can't think up potential business ideas worth pursuing from the problems you just brought to me, then that's your problem, not mine.

I stay on the internet messing around too long. Problem is, when I get off the internet I usually go out and buy stuff. I want to be a part of a racing team and then at the end of the season I kick myself in the @ss for spending $100,000 on racing and say I'm getting out of racing..... and then I do it all over again the next year. I love chocolate. I love Dr. Pepper. My desk stays a mess. Can you help me Carnac?

There are programs that can limit your internet access for you and shut your computer off if you use it for too long on unproductive things.

I'm sure you can find a bank that doesn't allow you to spend over a certain limit (or you could pay a third party to hold your money in increments).

Personal trainers. Diet forms of those sweets and beverages.

Cleaning service.

These are all opportunities...

G

Guest931Xfjyx

My dog died. Makes me sad.

What can you do for me?

17depress.span.jpg

^ that, or sell you a new dog.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
What's the point of this thread?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

What's the point of this thread?
To find problems.

Then after finding problems, to hopefully find new (or better) solutions for them than what currently exists on the market.

I'm not sure if any of you know about MJ's youtube channel, but I strongly suggest checking out this video:

Basically, I'm looking for a list of problems so that I (or anyone else inclined) can have potential opportunities to pursue by attempting to solve a problem in a new way, or to add a postive value-skew with a product that currently exists but does not operate at a level that it could.

Looking for ideas in short.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
To find problems.

Then after finding problems, to hopefully find new (or better) solutions for them than what currently exists on the market.

I'm not sure if any of you know about MJ's youtube channel, but I strongly suggest checking out this video:

Basically, I'm looking for a list of problems so that I (or anyone else inclined) can have potential opportunities to pursue by attempting to solve a problem in a new way, or to add a postive value-skew with a product that currently exists but does not operate at a level that it could.

Looking for ideas in short.
I'll save you some time:
Idea extraction doesn’t work here

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Because we're not a bunch of schleps on Facebook complaining about our day to day.

#Landfill
Right. It's an entrepreneur forum.

Why is attempting to find problems worth solving for a business not appropriate here?

D

Deleted50669

Right. It's an entrepreneur forum.

Why is attempting to find problems worth solving for a business not appropriate here?
I think what you're running into is defensiveness. Why would they give you their ideas if they are interested in making money for themselves? That would make no sense.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I don't have the discipline to turn off my computer. I don't take pills. I don't have the discipline to give the money to someone so I won't spend it; and if I did, I'd just take it from another place I have money. lol I'd call the trainer and tell them not to come.... probably every day. We have my old cleaning company cleaning for us but no one touches my desk except me. I know I need help but I'm too stubborn to get it.... what can you do for me?

D

Deleted50669

I don't have the discipline to turn off my computer. I don't take pills. I don't have the discipline to give the money to someone so I won't spend it; and if I did, I'd just take it from another place I have money. lol I'd call the trainer and tell them not to come.... probably every day. We have my old cleaning company cleaning for us but no one touches my desk except me. I know I need help but I'm too stubborn to get it.... what can you do for me?
Sounds like you need some military experience

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
My problems are not ones I could pay you to fix for me. You could come do some physical tasks for me for free out of the goodness of your heart but I am guessing you are asking more along the lines of what can we pay you for?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I think what you're running into is defensiveness. Why would they give you their ideas if they are interested in making money for themselves? That would make no sense.
I'm not asking for their ideas. I'm asking for the problems they have in their day to day life.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Bluetooth headphones that are easy, quick and seamless to connect. Is that possible?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Bluetooth headphones that are easy, quick and seamless to connect. Is that possible?
Hmm...

Don't think I'd pursue this, but wireless earrings that somehow don't look unflattering that also double as headphones might work out. Just an idea...

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Right, but it's implied that the reason you want to know is to derive ideas. Why else would you ask?
Yeah exactly. For me to generate the ideas based on the problems of other people.

I'm not asking for anyone else's ideas.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Sounds like you need some military experience

Back when I was 18 I was all set up to go in to the military. We had talked and talked for months and they promised that I would be a helicopter pilot.... 3 days before I was to go to basic, they said.... well, we can't PROMISE that you will be a helicopter pilot but you can apply for it. I told him to shove it and forgot about that idea. Probably a good thing as I am not one to follow orders very well and I'm 100% certain I would have ended up in the brig. So, I doubt the military would have taught me anything except what the inside of a jail cell looked like.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.