The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What problems do tattoo removal business potentially have ?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Hi fellow Fastlaners, I am curious to know about this niche more in depth as it has piked my interest. Sharing similar values of helping people to not regret their decisions and overturning the decision has helped me piked the interest in this niche. I have identified the following problems-
= Show up rate of customers after booking appointments
= Challenging to handle sales as it takes longer to follow up
= Appointment booking
= Follow up for successive treatments which would alter the result of overall treatment
I have identified these problems, I would welcome your insight on this and welcome your opinion on it
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon45x4yB

Hi fellow Fastlaners, I am curious to know about this niche more in depth as it has piked my interest. Sharing similar values of helping people to not regret their decisions and overturning the decision has helped me piked the interest in this niche. I have identified the following problems-
= Appointment booking
= Follow up for successive treatments which would alter the result of overall treatment
I have identified these problems, I would welcome your insight on this and welcome your opinion on it
Thank you
Hi highway friend!
Your issues are interesting. My advice is to explore the 5 commandments of the highway: need, entry, control, time, scope. Regarding tattoo removal, look for studies on the internet defining the percentage of tattooed population and the percentage dissatisfied.
It seems weak to me, so you won't reach a huge audience and your reach will be limited. And also, it's important to highlight a BRAND: what do you offer that others don't? A specialty?...

To conclude, tattoo removal would, in my opinion, be a very limited option. How about an exotic or special tattoo parlour? Think about what you bring and who you bring it to!

Greetings from France !

A

Anon3x156

= Appointment booking
Thank you
Currently I'm getting a tattoo removal myself, and I don't think that appointment booking is a problem.

Low show up rate of customers might be a problem but I think there is not much you can do besides calling your customers a few hours before the appointment and asking them if they're coming or not.

I think the biggest problem they have is the laser devices they use to remove your tattoos.
The latest technology in the tattoo removal is Picosecond lasers, but I'm not aware of a company that dominates the market with their devices. Also laser machines are a bit expensive so if someone could make cheaper devices without sacrificing the quality, that could be helpful for them and would open the way for the people who want to start a tattoo removal business but don't have enough money, especially in developing countries.

But obviously, making a laser device that is cheaper than the existing ones could require expertise in engineering and probably a lot of money for development.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
= Appointment booking
Thank you
who cares if people flake unless you are so booked then a flake is an actual loss of revenue because you turned away a non flake. otherwise it's just an emotional let down.

If you are super busy, easy fix: when they book online using booking software, they pay for the appointment and it sends them an email, "remember, your appointment is paid for, don't miss it!"

If that doesn't work and people start doing chargebacks, you set up a reminder system so you can manage it as much as possible, but, assume a no-show rate and factor it in to your numbers, then charge accordingly so you hit your profit margins even with a 20% no show rate. Everything is quantifiable.

there's definitely appointment booking software that is flexible enough to handle whatever you need. When I book my barber I get two texts, an email and a calendar invite on google.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
= Appointment booking
Thank you
Are you targeting the customer who want to remove tattoos or trying to create a service for tattoo removal service providers?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Liability for injuries can be an issue. Compliance with requirements for medical supervision might be an issue in some jurisdictions.

I used to write insurance for tattoo removal, and it's a lot like medical malpractice insurance. Where I am, even moreso because the places that did it had to have a physician to supervise the operation (in practice the physician was generally not there though... more of a paper physician).

Anyway, you want to look into the malpractice insurance for medi-spas, laser tattoo removal, laser hair removal, etc in your area. Regular slip and fall insurance won't cut it, and will not cover any event where lasers burn the skin, or someone makes a mistake in the removal process, or a laser reflects off of a surface and hits someone's eye, etc.

Safety and sanitary procedures would be another thing to look into, as well as forms for customers to sign so that it's harder for them to initiate frivolous litigation, and compliance with whatever requirements you have in your area (eg: is it considered a medical business, or is it regulated like a nail salon?)

On the marketing side, start a second business that advertises "show your love... with a tattoo of your partner's face!" Gotta really get people going on that commitment-tattoo pipeline. Then when they inevitably break up, you can send them next door to the tattoo removal place.

Also... don't forget referrals to and from divorce lawyers and family law practices. :troll:

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Currently I'm getting a tattoo removal myself, and I don't think that appointment booking is a problem.

Low show up rate of customers might be a problem but I think there is not much you can do besides calling your customers a few hours before the appointment and asking them if they're coming or not.

I think the biggest problem they have is the laser devices they use to remove your tattoos.
The latest technology in the tattoo removal is Picosecond lasers, but I'm not aware of a company that dominates the market with their devices. Also laser machines are a bit expensive so if someone could make cheaper devices without sacrificing the quality, that could be helpful for them and would open the way for the people who want to start a tattoo removal business but don't have enough money, especially in developing countries.

But obviously, making a laser device that is cheaper than the existing ones could require expertise in engineering and probably a lot of money for development.
I would want to help the tattoo removal business with getting low show up rate and cancellation of appointments by providing them intrusive CRM system and getting them low cost laser machines which I know how to get them. Thank you for the help !!

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
who cares if people flake unless you are so booked then a flake is an actual loss of revenue because you turned away a non flake. otherwise it's just an emotional let down.

If you are super busy, easy fix: when they book online using booking software, they pay for the appointment and it sends them an email, "remember, your appointment is paid for, don't miss it!"

If that doesn't work and people start doing chargebacks, you set up a reminder system so you can manage it as much as possible, but, assume a no-show rate and factor it in to your numbers, then charge accordingly so you hit your profit margins even with a 20% no show rate. Everything is quantifiable.

there's definitely appointment booking software that is flexible enough to handle whatever you need. When I book my barber I get two texts, an email and a calendar invite on google.
So basically its suming down to cancellation rates and appointment booking system which is sure to be efficient. Thank you for the help !!

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Liability for injuries can be an issue. Compliance with requirements for medical supervision might be an issue in some jurisdictions.

I used to write insurance for tattoo removal, and it's a lot like medical malpractice insurance. Where I am, even moreso because the places that did it had to have a physician to supervise the operation (in practice the physician was generally not there though... more of a paper physician).

Anyway, you want to look into the malpractice insurance for medi-spas, laser tattoo removal, laser hair removal, etc in your area. Regular slip and fall insurance won't cut it, and will not cover any event where lasers burn the skin, or someone makes a mistake in the removal process, or a laser reflects off of a surface and hits someone's eye, etc.

Safety and sanitary procedures would be another thing to look into, as well as forms for customers to sign so that it's harder for them to initiate frivolous litigation, and compliance with whatever requirements you have in your area (eg: is it considered a medical business, or is it regulated like a nail salon?)

On the marketing side, start a second business that advertises "show your love... with a tattoo of your partner's face!" Gotta really get people going on that commitment-tattoo pipeline. Then when they inevitably break up, you can send them next door to the tattoo removal place.

Also... don't forget referrals to and from divorce lawyers and family law practices. :troll:
I really like the idea of marketing it in tattoo parlor shops :D, I do really think that would be a major problem of insurance and getting people to sign up the forms. I would see that I must have something to deliver on this problem. How much do insurance do cost for small tattoo removal shops ?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I really like the idea of marketing it in tattoo parlor shops :D, I do really think that would be a major problem of insurance and getting people to sign up the forms. I would see that I must have something to deliver on this problem. How much do insurance do cost for small tattoo removal shops ?
In my state, the minimum cost for insurance I saw was maybe $2,500 US per year for a limited malpractice policy. It scales with sales, and with the type of procedure done too though. A lot of these businesses had other cosmetic procedures they offered.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Trying to create a service for tattoo removal business
I know nothing about it so I asked chatgpt.

"Unfortunately, there are no comprehensive statistics or data available specifically on the challenges faced by tattoo removal companies. However, here are some relevant statistics and figures that can provide context:

1. Limited market demand: According to a survey conducted by Statista in 2021, 28% of respondents with tattoos regretted getting inked. While this indicates that there is a potential market for tattoo removal services, not all of those who regret their tattoos may opt for removal.
  2. High competition: The tattoo removal industry is estimated to be worth $4.8 billion globally by 2026, according to a report by Allied Market Research. The high market value of the industry suggests that there is a significant number of tattoo removal companies, leading to high levels of competition.
  3. High cost of equipment and technology: The cost of tattoo removal equipment and technology can vary depending on the type of laser used. According to a report by IBISWorld, the average cost of a laser for tattoo removal is $100,000.
  4. Potential for side effects: The risk of scarring from tattoo removal is estimated to be 5-10%, according to a review published in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. While this risk is relatively low, it underscores the importance of proper training and equipment to minimize potential side effects.
  5. Legal and regulatory issues: Regulations for tattoo removal companies can vary by state or country. In the United States, for example, tattoo removal lasers are classified as medical devices by the FDA, and companies must follow specific guidelines to ensure patient safety.
  6. Reputation management: A survey by BrightLocal found that 91% of consumers read online reviews when searching for local businesses, and 84% trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Negative reviews or experiences from previous customers can significantly impact the reputation of a tattoo removal company, highlighting the need for excellent customer service and care."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.