The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What makes Good character? How does one build the best of characters?

Anything related to matters of the mind

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
Hi everyone!

Recently, I've embarked on a meaningful journey exploring ways to improve our character. As a follower of Islam, I naturally turned to the teachings of my faith for some insight. Here's what I found that Islam advises.

Building excellent character traits:

1. Truthfulness (Sidiq):

Quran: "O you who have believed, fear Allah and be with those who are true." (Quran 9:119)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise." (Sahih Muslim 2607)

2. Patience (Sabr):

Quran: "O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient." (Quran 2:153)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "No one is given a gift better and more comprehensive than patience." (Sahih Bukhari 6402)

3. Honesty (Amanah):

Quran: "Indeed, Allah commands you to render trusts to whom they are due and when you judge between people to judge with justice..." (Quran 4:58)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners." (Sahih Bukhari 2447)

4. Kindness (Ihsan):

Quran: "And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good." (Quran 2:195)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "None of you has faith until you love for your neighbour what you love for yourself." (Sahih Bukhari 13)

5. Humility (Tawadu):

Quran: "And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful." (Quran 31:18)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Whoever humbles himself before Allah, Allah will elevate him." (Sahih Muslim 2588)

6. Forgiveness (Maghfirah):

Quran: "Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish [i.e., don't punish them]." (Quran 7:199)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Show forgiveness, speak for justice and avoid the ignorant." (Abu Dawood 4337)

I'm eager to hear your thoughts too! Also, what are some other traits you believe contribute to improving one's character? Please give reasons and proof to why you say certain things. Your insights will be truly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Count Fluffernut

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
May 11, 2023
Would recommend not following the guidance of Andrew Tate then mate (or trash talking therapy for being "mainstream", or trash talking medication for things like depression, diabetes and cancer as you did in your previous replies)

Stop with the cynical views, not everything mainstream is bad, and stop letting idiots online like Andrew Tate shape your character. You're only fuelling conspiracy theories by sending out replies like those, especially when it was regarding a post where the OP was struggling with their mental health.

You're 21 years old, stop acting like a hero in one moment then sending out conspiracies in your replies.

Please be more aware of how your comments can affect others in this forum.

@MJ DeMarco something to keep an eye on.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Recently, I've embarked on a meaningful journey exploring ways to improve our character.

My understanding is that "good character" is simply those personality traits or behaviors that best support our life purpose.

Normally, the major religions will tell you that your purpose is to be a good member of that religion, so Christianity would tell you that your purpose is to be a good Christian, Buddhism would tell you that your purpose is to seek enlightenment and so on.

Consequently they can tell you what "good character" means to them.

For example, an atheist entrepreneur who purpose was to found and run businesses to make the world a better place, might find that for them "good character" includes things like willingness to learn, determination and desire to help others.

TL;DR: A lot of this topic depends on whether you believe that religions communicate absolute truth or not. If you do, then "good character" will be defined for you by your religion. Otherwise it is what is required of you by your environment to optimally fulfil your purpose.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi everyone!

Recently, I've embarked on a meaningful journey exploring ways to improve our character. As a follower of Islam, I naturally turned to the teachings of my faith for some insight. Here's what I found that Islam advises.

1. Truthfulness (Sidiq):

Quran: "O you who have believed, fear Allah and be with those who are true." (Quran 9:119)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Truthfulness leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to Paradise." (Sahih Muslim 2607)

2. Patience (Sabr):

Quran: "O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient." (Quran 2:153)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "No one is given a gift better and more comprehensive than patience." (Sahih Bukhari 6402)

3. Honesty (Amanah):

Quran: "Indeed, Allah commands you to render trusts to whom they are due and when you judge between people to judge with justice..." (Quran 4:58)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners." (Sahih Bukhari 2447)

4. Kindness (Ihsan):

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "None of you has faith until you love for your neighbour what you love for yourself." (Sahih Bukhari 13)

5. Humility (Tawadu):

Quran: "And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful." (Quran 31:18)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Whoever humbles himself before Allah, Allah will elevate him." (Sahih Muslim 2588)

Quran: "Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the foolish [i.e., don't punish them]." (Quran 7:199)

Hadith: The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "Show forgiveness, speak for justice and avoid the ignorant." (Abu Dawood 4337)

I'm eager to hear your thoughts too! Also, what are some other traits you believe contribute to improving one's character? Please give reasons and proof to why you say certain things. Your insights will be truly appreciated.
Building character is a matter of living every day. Be careful what you pray for. Life sends you situations that challenge you. For example, when you pray for patience, you will be given challenges where your patience will be tested and exercised. Expect it. Think about forgiveness. You'll soon be in a situation where you will need to forgive someone for something that is major. And you have a whole list here. I hope you enjoy a bunch of challenges!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Would recommend not following the guidance of Andrew Tate then mate (or trash talking therapy for being "mainstream", or trash talking medication for things like depression, diabetes and cancer as you did in your previous replies)

Stop with the cynical views, not everything mainstream is bad, and stop letting idiots online like Andrew Tate shape your character. You're only fuelling conspiracy theories by sending out replies like those, especially when it was regarding a post where the OP was struggling with their mental health.

You're 21 years old, stop acting like a hero in one moment then sending out conspiracies in your replies.

Please be more aware of how your comments can affect others in this forum.

@MJ DeMarco something to keep an eye on.
Huh? Andrew Tate trash-talking?

I didn't see any of that on OP's post...and as of writing, I didn't see that the post was edited anyways to hide something.

But I'll add to the convo:
Hi everyone!

1. Truthfulness (Sidiq):

2. Patience (Sabr):

3. Honesty (Amanah):

4. Kindness (Ihsan):

5. Humility (Tawadu):

I'd prioritize humility...and keeping to your word.

When you promise you can achieve X result for someone, or help him/her out, you do it.
Even if its difficult, or if you are really sick that day.

And you do YOUR BEST at that job.

Personally, this has won a lot of new relationships and even work for me.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi everyone!

1. Truthfulness (Sidiq):

2. Patience (Sabr):

3. Honesty (Amanah):

4. Kindness (Ihsan):

5. Humility (Tawadu):

Interest being harem makes some sense.

In theory people could benefit from borrowing but in reality most people are terrible with it.

When I worked in a bank the most frequent request we got was matching loan payment date to pay day.

If you have outstanding loan repayment not paid, whatever deposits that come in will be emptied. For more than once we received calls of crying adults who claimed that they will have no money to buy food.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.