bclark85
Banned
Hi all, just curious if anyone could provide me with a list of what licenses I need to obtain for operating my ecommerce store. I have been in contact with a few wholesalers who are asking for my EIN and tax ID ect. When looking at the qualifications for an EIN, it says that typically you only need this if you have employees working for you, however I wont. I will be running my business on my own, at least for now until I can scale it up. I am thinking I should start by obtaining an EIN, but would like some suggestions on what I need after that. I am basically just running an ecommerce store, will be importing some of my goods, and drop shipping the rest. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would rather not apply for anything I don't need. Thank you.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
